It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 09:01

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2012, 23:46 
Master Mentor

The impossibility of building TTDX's lighthouse and communications tower while playing a game has been an ongoing irritant to me. :x
Therefor, my first newobjects offering was a grf that featured TTDX's communications tower, lighthouse and rocks. 8-)
That was version 2.

This update to version 3 includes:
- Steep slope support for the rocks.
- A single rocks menu icon that builds rocks to conform to any tile shape.

Notes:
- v3 has a GID that is unique from v2 and the two can be used together so as to not break saved games and scenarios.
- As per the TTDX default, these GRFs are limited to the Temperate climate. Versions for Arctic and Tropic climates will be forthcoming but due to copyright considerations, these will require completely new graphics which are currently under development.
- Although OpenTTD support has not been blocked, it is assumed that the player has in his/her possession a legally obtained copy of Transport Tycoon. The new graphics, when done, will obviate the need for this requirement.
- Due to TTDX internals, an object references the highest corner of its groundtile. This means that when autosloping a player cannot raise an object higher than its groundtile's highest corner, nor can a player lower more than three corners.
- Due to TTDX internals, an object built on a steep slope cannot be autosloped. Instead, the object must be dynamited before the ground is terraformed.

TTD Landscape Objects v3.0 is available in your choice of Windows or DOS flavours.

The download is available here.

Thank you for shopping wallyweb :W

Attachments:
TTD_landscapew3.png
TTD_landscapew3.png [ 51.24 KiB | Viewed 11032 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2017, 03:02 
Browser
Browser

Did you ever release versions for other climates? Have you also considered using and modifying the sprites from OpenGFX?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2017, 03:46 
Master Mentor

kamnet wrote:
Did you ever release versions for other climates?
No.
Quote:
Have you also considered using and modifying the sprites from OpenGFX?
Yes.

Other projects crept in and took me away from this one.
The concept has since evolved into something significantly more ambitious. I don't want to say anything more other than it is a work in progress. Rather than a series of small releases, it will be one big fait accompli where the only updates will be for bug fixes. Sorry, but I can't commit to a release date yet. There is just too much involved and I keep getting involved in other interesting stuff.

The hint is that if I get it right, it will be revolutionary. 8-)

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]