It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:20

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2015, 11:24 
Simuscape Officials

Support Topic - INFRA Eye Candy - (1x1)
Discuss, voice problems or other issues with the below listed files; (See further down for File Specifics)

INFRA files are listed and protected by license Simuscape SL13, (SL13 Terms & Conditions)
Please view the download page for more information!

To avoid issues with files not officially updated, revised, or even outdated, it's not permitted to upload files available and downloaded from Simuscape to an online source elsewhere.

Team Simuscape

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2015, 11:38 
Simuscape Admin

INFRA Streets - Lights & Gantries
Eye Candy Objects by SAC

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

• Part 1, 2 & 3, version 2, March 22, 2015
  • For TTDP, (req. TTDP 2.6 r2360), and OTTD
  • GRFID; 53541101, (p1), 53541119, (p2), 53541129, (p3)
  • Graphics by SAC
  • Coded by wallyweb
  • Win version only
  • License: Simuscape SL13
  • Known issues; NONE reported

INFRA Streets are a collection of custom lights, signs, gantries, and more for use with TTDLX, (TTDP and OTTD). INFRA Streets are designed to be used with any climate zone, and each item included is coded to fit an approriate tile, (i.e flat tile objects, slope tile objects, and so on...). Please note that roads and/or tunnels, (INFRA Networks), aren't included in this file, (eye candy items only)!

INFRA Streets consists of 3 parts and has been tested thoroughly. However, should you experience any usage problems, please report this below in order for an update to be issued!

INFRA Streets replaces 10-101 INFRA Roads, (obsolete newgrf), and while INFRA Streets part 1 is available also from the BaNaNaS, part 2 and 3 along with any future updates of all three parts are available only from this location!

"How to lesson" - with Wally the Owl...
4-lane Centerlights

While most of the items included in any of the three INFRA Streets.grf's are self-explanatory, other rules applies when it comes to the so-called 4-lane centerlights. This is to prevent graphical glitches!

As the image shows the 4-lane centerlights are indeed 1x1-objects, but make use of the upper space of the actual ground sprite, allowing for the object itself to be placed 1 tile above. And the same procedure applies to all 4-lane centerlights, both flat and sloped tiles, completely removing any graphical glitches that may otherwise occur. Although intended to be used in between two road sections, they may of course be used in any other desired placement!

Additional Information;

• All three parts, (P1, P2 and P3), can be used independently of the other two parts
  • Tunnel bricks are for decoration only and DO NOT provide new tunnel graphics
  • A STOP-sign is used as a placeholder for future updates. Please do check carefully as some of these STOP-signs do hold some individual objects
  • All items are gridless

Updates, March 22, 2015;

INFRA Streets P1, P2 and P3, (OpenTTD/TTDPatch), updated as of March 22, 2015, each available in our Downloads Library, section INFRA Eyecandy!

Fixes INFRA Streets, version 2;

• All objects conforms properly to ground sprites
  • Object placement restrictions enforced, (exception; plain objects and tunnel bricks)
  • STOP-sign replaced

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2015, 12:20 
Simuscape Admin

INFRA Green - Parks & Plants
Eye Candy Objects by SAC

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

• Part 1, 2 & 3, version 1, March 30, 2015
  • For TTDP, (req. TTDP 2.6 r2360), and OTTD
  • GRFID; 53441101, (p1), 53441119, (p2), 53441129, (p3)
  • Graphics by SAC
  • Coded by wallyweb
  • Win version only
  • License: Simuscape SL13
  • Known issues; NONE reported

INFRA Green are a collection of custom parkways and plant objects for use with TTDP and OTTD, further more designed to fit any climate zone and coded to fit an approriate tile, (i.e flat tile objects, slope tile objects, and so on, as well as water tiles...).

INFRA Green consists of 3 parts tested thoroughly. However, should you experience any problems, please report this in order for an update to be issued!

Note that while INFRA Green part 1 is available also from the BaNaNaS, part 2 and 3 along with any future updates of all three parts are available only from this location!

"How to lesson" - with Wally the Owl...
Parkways

Apart from park trees and other plants, INFRA Green also consists of various parkways, some of them with their own specific restrictions. As the above image shows, these particular parkways are designed to be placed on slopes and while they may also be placed on slopes adjacent to water, they can't be placed anywhere else. There are two objects for each slope, combined together forming a half circle. You may also place other objects included in this set in between if desired.

INFRA Green also offers parkways designed to fit either land or water, and the image above provide some examples of possible placements.

Additional Information;

• All three parts, (P1, P2 and P3), can be used independently of the other two parts
  • All items are gridless

Updates, March 30, 2015;

INFRA Green P1, P2 and P3, (OpenTTD/TTDPatch), updated as of March 30, 2015, each available in our Downloads Library, section INFRA Eyecandy!

Fixes INFRA Green, version 2;

• All objects conforms properly to ground sprites

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2015, 12:21 
Simuscape Admin

RESERVED

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2015, 12:21 
Simuscape Admin

RESERVED

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2015, 12:24 
Simuscape Admin

RESERVED

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2015, 12:25 
Simuscape Admin

RESERVED

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2015, 08:53 
Simuscape Admin

Has anyone using this newly released .grf, (INFRA Streets 1x1 P1), encountered issues when trying to load it in a saved game, (OpenTTD)? If so, please notify me! :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2015, 22:03 
Lurker
Lurker

Hi,

so here it is SAC.

First, excuse me, I will try to be as descriptive as possible, but it has been a decade since I reported something last time. So if something is missing, shout out .)

I have encountered several graphical issues. I have found all of them on OTTD nightly, latest official OTTD 1.5 beta2 ( from OTTD website ) and Spring Patch pack. I have tried OpenGFX nightly, latest official OpenGFX 0.5.2 ( downloaded by the game itself ) and zBase in each of OTTD versions listed above. These issues I have found in both temperate and arctic. I didnt try other climates since I dont play them :-).

To emphasize what I refer to so its more clearly visible, I have chosen to buldoze tiles under, around tiles I have put INFRA streets objects on. Tried moving camera off the screen, save/load, but with no success to get rid of the following on the pictures.

Hmm, after checking preview button, heck the file attachments use reverse order of which I wrote them. :oops:

Regards,
Ali

EDIT: I really do typos even after reading it twice ??? :cry:
EDIT 2: I understand that the 1 tile moving is by design, but eh, it doesnt seems right.

Attachment:
File comment: 1) 4-lane centerlights sloped and not sloped. Each does not place the lights in the same tile row, it instead moves it by 1 diagonal to north of the tile, where i have put it. It is best visible at the road cross, where the lights are well, in the middle of the cross.
Huacho Transport, 8. úno 2010#1.png
Huacho Transport, 8. úno 2010#1.png [ 130.24 KiB | Viewed 24618 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: 1) In the center is again 4-lane streetlight, which clearly shows again it is moved by 1 tile diagonal up of the tile the object was placed on with terrain lowered under it.
2) Center next to 4-lane light are 2 Plain double down objects, each shows different issue of the same object. Although the object can be placed on any terrain slope, it kind of "flatten" the green part of the object like despite slope, it does not follow slope part at all.
3) South, west, north-west, east and east-east parts of picture shows flattening on other objects and different slopes.

Huacho Transport, 8. úno 2010.png
Huacho Transport, 8. úno 2010.png [ 157.04 KiB | Viewed 24618 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: "Flattening" at its fullest. What else to say. For purposes of showing what the best, I moved my cursor over the tiles to show that the tiles are really sloped and that the issue happens with the brick decoration to provide additional idea and comparison purpose of sloping.
Huacho Transport, 9. úno 2010.png
Huacho Transport, 9. úno 2010.png [ 128.72 KiB | Viewed 24618 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2015, 22:37 
Simuscape Admin

Hmm, this is indeed very odd... I tested out in OpenTTD and encounter the same issues as you do, but these issues aren't present in TTDPatch... Odd indeed... :?

As for the center light, they are designed to be placed on one tile and appear with the actual center light one tile above... This is done to get rid of graphical glitches that may otherwise occur... You can read about it in the support post above...

I'll look into these other issue though... Thanks for reporting! :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2015, 01:09 
Master Mentor

The GRF coding for this file set all the Action2 object groundtiles as flat. What is needed is to add additional Action2s for each of the other groundtile slopes. SAC has sent the files to me and I will be working on them later this week, after I have completed another project. I will also fix the offset in the median light, 8-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2015, 10:22 
Lurker
Lurker

SAC wrote:
As for the center light, they are designed to be placed on one tile and appear with the actual center light one tile above... This is done to get rid of graphical glitches that may otherwise occur... You can read about it in the support post above...

Aliaranel wrote:
EDIT 2: I understand that the 1 tile moving is by design, but eh, it doesnt seems right.

SAC wrote:
I'll look into these other issue though... Thanks for reporting! :)

You are welcome :)

wallyweb wrote:
The GRF coding for this file set all the Action2 object groundtiles as flat. What is needed is to add additional Action2s for each of the other groundtile slopes. SAC has sent the files to me and I will be working on them later this week, after I have completed another project. I will also fix the offset in the median light, 8-)

I will look forward to an update to try again .). Meanwhile I will just have it loaded. ^^

Regards,
Ali

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2015, 18:34 
Lurker
Lurker

Didn't read all the topic, but I have a question. Why some of the pixels on the STOP signs blink in the new object menu?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2015, 15:33 
Simuscape Admin

They shouldn't so I'll address those as well in time for the next update! :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2015, 11:47 
Simuscape Admin

INFRA Streets P1, P2 and P3, (OpenTTD/TTDPatch), updated. For information on fixes, please view the support post, (2nd post from top), or click HERE!

Please note that this update do not include a change of the way center lights, (highway lights), behave as far as placement concerns. However, due to requests additional objects will be included in the next update...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2015, 00:52 
Simuscape Admin

Added support post for the new INFRA Green package... :W

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2015, 06:05 
Player
Player

Great stuff! :W
Found an issue though ;-)
Attachment:
IncorrectPlacement01.png
IncorrectPlacement01.png [ 64.44 KiB | Viewed 24473 times ]

Furthermore, It shouldnt be necessary to draw the same graphic for land and water (takes up unnecessary ID's). I am not really sure anymore how I did it with some of my ISR/DWE-objects. This is what happened:
Attachment:
SameGraphicLandWater01.png
SameGraphicLandWater01.png [ 46.15 KiB | Viewed 24472 times ]

It was something with defining the base sprite and enabling building on water... Will get back to that.
Also, I have the feeling that something is not exactly right with some of the fences on other graphics. Will get back to that too, first sleep. Long night at work... ;-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2015, 10:52 
Simuscape Admin

Ah, thanks for reporting... :W I simply forgot to change the values on those outbound walls with trees when I adjusted the ones without trees... What an unnecessary mistake... :x

I'll fix en update soon...

As for the water and land based graphics, it is quite possible to have the same graphics drawn for both of these. However, the problem arise when using them on "corners" on tiles adjacent to water as it will show grass beneath rather than water. And since I often use those "corners" for these items, I decided to separate them...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2015, 12:32 
Master Mentor

Action0, Property 10, has bit 3 value 8 for building on water and bit 10 value 1024 to draw water under the object.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2015, 16:11 
Player
Player

Quote:
Ah, thanks for reporting...

:W
Quote:
However, the problem arise when using them on "corners" on tiles adjacent to water as it will show grass beneath rather than water.

I think that will only happen if you place an object before that area is flooded. Wait till its flooded first, then place the object. That should do the trick.

Also I would like to make a remark/suggestion about the way the objects show up in the object-menu. Right now you have all the 1x1 tiles into one single main-menu.
I would recommend to split them up. For example:
- Trees
- Flat tiles
- Lifted tiles
- Sloped tiles
Right now, there are so many graphics in one menu that it is a lot of searching and scrolling before an user can get to the desired tile. Also, now you have included "placeholders", that doesnt look very tidy, gives an uncomplete feeling to the GRF. If you split up into smaller menu's, you can just add more graphics later on and you dont need placeholders anymore.

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next