It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:30

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: ISA pixel art revealing
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2014, 17:50 
Lurker
Lurker

Hello all.

Now its seems that all problems are shorted! Thanks SAC :W
Now its time to reveal some of my, so called pixel art, here in Simuscape forum. There are few drawings what I'm enough satisfied to show You all and hope that one time in the future someone is so enthusiastic that wants to code them as well.

So lets start, less talk more action!
First is container terminal:
I have said that it is mostly done and I'm not making new drawings for it, but if needed I'm willing to repair and adjust some of them fit better in game and of course if I see that something is drastically missing and needed, I would probably draw need parts also! If You see some of the work what may seem a bit familiar from other sets, then all permissions asked personally! Thanks to ISR team Quast65, supermop from other larger TT community! ;)
Due that last reason the set should go under GPL. If that isn't acceptable I must remove some of the sprites.

So may I represent the sprites and two mock-ups what can be done!

Attachment:
Containerterminal sprites.png
Containerterminal sprites.png [ 491.51 KiB | Viewed 8485 times ]

Attachment:
untitled11.PNG
untitled11.PNG [ 48.56 KiB | Viewed 8485 times ]

Attachment:
untitled1.PNG
untitled1.PNG [ 102.14 KiB | Viewed 8493 times ]

Last edited by ISA on 12 Nov 2014, 22:50, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2014, 17:52 
Lurker
Lurker

Second: Coal station

Mostly done. Thinking that I wont do any new sprites. Only thing is the large coal pile where I'm thinking that its too empty and I need to draw some type of piling mechanism. So may I represent coal preparation plant.

Attachment:
untitled111.PNG
untitled111.PNG [ 48.98 KiB | Viewed 8492 times ]

Attachment:
Coal preparation plant.station(VALMIS).PNG
Coal preparation plant.station(VALMIS).PNG [ 186.95 KiB | Viewed 8492 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2014, 17:53 
Lurker
Lurker

Third: Coal mine

Re-sized, re-drawn and recolored from Locomotion's Zimmlock coal mine (special thanks to him, let me use and redraw it). Seen before here in the forums, but raised here - coal shaft mine. Now I will also release the sprites. There is even some kind of working grf on my HD, but the coder left after one or two trys (he/she was trying to learn codeing). Please note that the ground sprites (dark ones) aren't in the actual sprites.

So may I represent coal shaft mine!
Attachment:
CoalShaftMine (VALMIS).PNG
CoalShaftMine (VALMIS).PNG [ 225.33 KiB | Viewed 8492 times ]

Attachment:
Coalshaftmine.gif
Coalshaftmine.gif [ 493.9 KiB | Viewed 8492 times ]

Last edited by ISA on 12 Nov 2014, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2014, 17:55 
Lurker
Lurker

Fourth:

Are You tired that the city builds houses front of the runway? Yes? So drawn for that reason 3 tiles long newobject (eye-candy) approach lights. My research told that 3 tiles is enough so the plane wont fy thrue the houses and skyscrapers, but if its not enough in Your opinion You always can add any other newobject tile around the airport! So may I represent last but not least the approach lights!

Attachment:
sssss.PNG
sssss.PNG [ 21.4 KiB | Viewed 8492 times ]

Attachment:
Approchlights2.gif
Approchlights2.gif [ 2.83 KiB | Viewed 8492 times ]

Attachment:
Approchlights1.gif
Approchlights1.gif [ 2.85 KiB | Viewed 8492 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2014, 20:34 
Lurker
Lurker

I really like them. I put alot of effort in my industrial stations and I always felt that a real ore loading station where missing (with a good looking conveyor belt!), and the harbour stuff very nice.
The ALS for airports is a very good idea, I always put some small rocks or so 3 titles around the runways

I hope you get them coded one day

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2014, 11:06 
Simuscape Admin

Superb artwork ISA! :W I especially like the container terminal, but the rest is still up to the same level of superb artwork...

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2014, 21:35 
Lurker
Lurker

Really good work, ISA!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2014, 05:03 
Lurker
Lurker

Thanks!

Here is my very first try with the template what SAC gave me to try.
One of my first (pretty hard too) locomotives what I ever drew ES44AC (Gevo) from North America (CanSet) inflated a bit! I'm not very happy with the color ballet yet... surely something can be done better... Also enlarge the wagons to proper size! Image

Attachments:
untitled.PNG
untitled.PNG [ 87.56 KiB | Viewed 8462 times ]
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2014, 08:39 

Seen most of these in tt-forums and I like them a lot.
Why is the Master Coder delaying so long? :lol:
Apart from fun, I am surprised that such quality work is not coded yet.
-
My 3 suggestions:

1. Could you try one palette entry darker for engine and yellow/orange flatbeds? Yellow is too bright and from what I can see in the photo you uploaded they look more like warm yellow to orange to me.

2. Do a couple of variations for the cement ground. Now with so many empty repeated tiles the pattern stands out badly. (And some more colors/skins for the containers would be more than welcome even though it would somehow ruin the color style.)

3. OK, already discussed to death: A brighter coal mine.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2014, 12:43 
Simuscape Admin

Impressive work ISA! :)

ISA wrote:
I'm not very happy with the color ballet yet

I believe I mentioned this somewhere else, but a great tip when trying to figure out the best color ballet is to simply cut a piece off of the original train image and paste it onto the TTDLX sprite sheet for comparison. This'll give you a clue about which colors to mix in order to achieve the desired results...

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2014, 14:54 
Lurker
Lurker

athanasios wrote:
Seen most of these in tt-forums and I like them a lot.
Why is the Master Coder delaying so long? :lol:
Apart from fun, I am surprised that such quality work is not coded yet.

Thanks!

Quote:
My 3 suggestions:

1. Could you try one palette entry darker for engine and yellow/orange flatbeds? Yellow is too bright and from what I can see in the photo you uploaded they look more like warm yellow to orange to me.

2. Do a couple of variations for the cement ground. Now with so many empty repeated tiles the pattern stands out badly. (And some more colors/skins for the containers would be more than welcome even though it would somehow ruin the color style.)

3. OK, already discussed to death: A brighter coal mine.

1. I only drew locomotives. These are original flatbeds from Canset by DanMack, just larger (longer), no other modifications made!
2. It a good idea, but I think when You start building it in game it isn't so bad!? But that's why I wrote above, that I'm ready to modify and add new sprites in the future if need, but not until these sprites are took up for coding by someone. To add some new ground sprite is fairly easy as I must only draw one or two different ones (I think).
3. To death? Darker coal mine? I have understand that the ground sprites are the flaw not the coalmine itself!? As I stated above: "Please note that the ground sprites (dark ones) aren't in the actual sprites."

SAC wrote:
Impressive work ISA! :)

ISA wrote:
I'm not very happy with the color ballet yet

I believe I mentioned this somewhere else, but a great tip when trying to figure out the best color ballet is to simply cut a piece off of the original train image and paste it onto the TTDLX sprite sheet for comparison. This'll give you a clue about which colors to mix in order to achieve the desired results...
Thanks! I must try that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2014, 05:08 

Yeah, the ground tiles of the coal mine make it look very bad.

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]