It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:34

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Completed INFRA Sets...
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2012, 19:41 
Simuscape Admin

This is the placeholder for Completed INFRA Sets, ready to be coded and used in-game. If interested in coding graphics published within this thread, please contact the Admin at Simuscape for more information.

Please note; It's not allowed to take graphics work published within this thread for personal coding work without written permission from the author.

/SAC, Admin, Simuscape

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2012, 19:43 
Simuscape Admin

Olympia Classic Station

Attachment:
Image401.png
Image401.png [ 135.92 KiB | Viewed 10315 times ]

A typical classic station building incl. station hall for 2 or 4 tracks, and new platforms. Station hall and station building are separate structures, allowing for a variety of placement options. Also included are eye candy graphics, not to be coded as regular station tiles, (first four tiles in front of the station, both directions).

This work is ready to be coded. If interested, please contact the author. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012, 04:40 
Player
Player

SAC wrote:
This work is ready to be coded. ...
Are you sure ?

Very nice station ...

Do you have a plan ? How is the station to present itself, if the platforms are longer than 4 tiles. Also, having the station in multiples of 2 tracks will not work (cannot be coded) once you go beyond 7 tiles across. Players would be able to build odd numbered platforms, like 9 (7+2), or even just 1. Either limit the station to 2 or 4 platforms plus the building and forecourt; or come up with a solution for any number of platforms; like a 3-platform roof. Also a 1 platform roof is needed, as building this cannot be prevented code wise, if you allow for more than 7 platforms.

I'm a bit worried about the down leading stairs of the left station; if built on a slope, you need to have them built (and coded) on its own. May be as an object ?

Otherwise, it would be doable like Toronto Union in CanStn. Separate the building and platforms, with buffers for a terminus station at the southern end.

What about snow ?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012, 08:44 
Simuscape Admin

OzTrans wrote:
Are you sure ?

:lol:

Yes, I'm sure... It's done although I haven't made a snow version of it... Not even sure where to begin with that as I haven't made any snow version of any of my graphics up to this point... :?:

OzTrans wrote:
Do you have a plan ?

You're absolutely right there. I haven't included a platform for 1, 3 or more tracks, so this one has to be limited to a minimum of 2 tracks and a maximum of 4 tracks then... Either 2 or 4 to be more precise... :P

OzTrans wrote:
I'm a bit worried about the down leading stairs of the left station

All four tiles placed in front of the station building, (both views), are eye candy objects and are supposed to be coded as NewObjects, and not part of the actual station...

Still, with all this said I might look into some single track pieces after all, including some buffers and overpass structures. But at the moment I'm working on a 2nd station... :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012, 09:46 
Player
Player

Fine, limited to either 2 or 4 tracks; how about just having a plain platform without a roof for the very top platform, in case there is an odd number of tracks. Same goes for a single track station, just no roof at all.

Further, I would like to build a 4 track station 8 tiles long ... what about the building, will it always be 4 tiles long ? If yes, then you'll need the building as separate station (1x4) with the platforms any length.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012, 10:51 
Simuscape Admin

OzTrans wrote:
Fine, limited to either 2 or 4 tracks; how about just having a plain platform without a roof for the very top platform, in case there is an odd number of tracks. Same goes for a single track station, just no roof at all.

Further, I would like to build a 4 track station 8 tiles long ... what about the building, will it always be 4 tiles long ? If yes, then you'll need the building as separate station (1x4) with the platforms any length.

The station building itself is supposed to be a separate station, allowing for a player to place it either alongside the tracks, or as an endstation placed in front of the tracks - or whatever peoples personal preferences may be...

I could of course draw yet some additions to the station building, making it 1x5/5x1 or 1x6/6x1, but I'm not sure if it will look good being wider as it is. The best thing is to have it as a separate 1x4/4x1 station. And yes, the platforms aren't limited to any size. Minimum is of course 1x1, but then it's all up to the player...

But I can always look at some single track platforms, absolutely... Give me a couple of hours... I have to do some arrends in town first... Real life town that is... :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 03:00 
Player
Player

SAC wrote:
The station building itself is supposed to be a separate station, ...
I like that.

Another idea ... Don't have platform halves in the middle of a 2-track station hall. It would look more like reality.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 08:19 
Simuscape Admin

OzTrans wrote:
Another idea ... Don't have platform halves in the middle of a 2-track station hall. It would look more like reality.

Another most excellent idea... :)

...in other words, it's not entirely ready to be coded yet... :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 17:50 
Lurker
Lurker

I like the non-track tiles always of be part of the station, it gives bigger catchment area.

Can't you make the odd platforms like Dutch station set did with the Amsterdam roofs.

PS. Why can't you build platforms longer then 4?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 18:02 
Simuscape Admin

jor[D]1 wrote:
I like the non-track tiles always of be part of the station, it gives bigger catchment area.

Hmm, you mean having the eye candy stuff coded as station tiles rather than Nwe Objects? Well, it's a thought of course... :)

Quote:
Can't you make the odd platforms like Dutch station set did with the Amsterdam roofs.

I have no idea how they did it in the Dutch station set. Haven't checked really. But I'm working on some single platforms that can be used to have for instance 3, 5 or any other odd number of tracks besides the large station hall... :)

Quote:
PS. Why can't you build platforms longer then 4?

Misunderstanding... ;) There isn't such a limitation - not in length anyway. It's about the station hall that's made for 2 tracks, meaning the station hall needs to be placed on top of either 2, 4 or 6 tracks. But you can of course have 8, 10, 12, 20 or more station hall tracks if you wish. It's just that it needs to be a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 due to the way stations are selected by the player in the menu. So no, there are no limitations at all - apart from the width that needs to minimum 2 tracks and maximum 6 tracks - but placing two 6-tracks station halls alongside will of course give you 12 tracks coverage - and so on... :)

Offline Profile  

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]