It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:53

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 6   [ 120 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2012, 13:42 
Simuscape Admin

The overpass is optional and not even part of this set. That one along with the front tiles, (fountain row), are pure eye candy and simply put there for the sake of the scene. It's up to the player to put up whatever he or she feels like... :P

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2012, 22:36 
Simuscape Admin

Not sure how many people plays the tropical environment, but thought I should make a quick re-make of the station building for use in a tropical landscape... Is this something useful? :)

Attachment:
Image616.png
Image616.png [ 31.66 KiB | Viewed 8875 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012, 04:30 

I think it doesn't look right because it is too bright in comparison with the station. I guess SAC used an existing part from another station and will recolor/adapt it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012, 08:11 
Simuscape Admin

athanasios wrote:
I think it doesn't look right because it is too bright in comparison with the station. I guess SAC used an existing part from another station and will recolor/adapt it.

You're talking about the overpass, right?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012, 10:07 
Browser
Browser

SAC wrote:
Absolutely, and here's the final result;

Attachment:
Image610.png

This one, (station entrance building), works two ways. Either placed above the tracks, (you can spot the tracks below from the upper ground), with eye candy objects covering the tunnels, which makes for a "drive-trough"-station, or placed on the same level as the tracks, making the station an end station at that... :P Different eye candy stuff can be used depending on personal preferences of course...

I still have to work on the other direction, but as I don't see a reason to make both directions look the same, I'm aiming for something different there... Anyhow, if anyone can find a station coder, the sooner you'll get to play around with it yourself... :twisted:

:o you SAC are amazing.

nothing more to say

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012, 10:08 
Browser
Browser

SAC wrote:
jor[D]1 wrote:
This station is great, will it also become possible to place the building perpendicular to the Tracks. Like Amsterdam centraal.

Not a bad idea at all. This made me think that perhaps it's better to make it separate as in "user choice"... :P I also updated it and here's the final result, (working on the other direction as we speak);

Attachment:
Image612.png

The station hall is possible to have any length, but the station building is limited to a 1x4 size. Please note that the first row of tiles are eye candy objects, and it's a personal choice what to use and what not to use...

Further more I added a floor to the central part of the station building, making it central so to speak... :mrgreen:

its looks even better on the side if you ask me....

i just noticed that on the terminus, it has tracks under it on the left part. is that intentional or glitch?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012, 10:10 
Browser
Browser

SAC wrote:
Not sure how many people plays the tropical environment, but thought I should make a quick re-make of the station building for use in a tropical landscape... Is this something useful? :)

Attachment:
Image616.png

and another post: i htink the tropical one is good, but then you also have to update the main station to the same colorscheme

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012, 10:29 
Simuscape Admin

ZBZ, you know one post would have been sufficient... ;)

But to answer your questions;

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:
i just noticed that on the terminus, it has tracks under it on the left part. is that intentional or glitch?

You mean in one of the first images I posted? If so, yes it's intentional. I had the idea of a café close to the building with an open space in front, allowing guests to watch as the train arrived or departed. But this applied to the first model when I had in mind to place the building on top of tracks. Now I don't! :P

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:
and another post: i htink the tropical one is good, but then you also have to update the main station to the same colorscheme

You're thinking about the station hall, (the one with the tracks), right? If so, not really. Should I make a tropical version - although I believe the interest is pretty low - I don't think it needs to be a similar station hall at all. Only some tropical like platforms... :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012, 13:09 
Browser
Browser

SAC wrote:
ZBZ, you know one post would have been sufficient... ;)

But to answer your questions;

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:

You mean in one of the first images I posted? If so, yes it's intentional. I had the idea of a café close to the building with an open space in front, allowing guests to watch as the train arrived or departed. But this applied to the first model when I had in mind to place the building on top of tracks. Now I don't! :P

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:

You're thinking about the station hall, (the one with the tracks), right? If so, not really. Should I make a tropical version - although I believe the interest is pretty low - I don't think it needs to be a similar station hall at all. Only some tropical like platforms... :P

yeah but it was more like an oh yeah this as well case, and edit button + quote is harder then just clicking quote...

i do like the fact that station hall and entrance match, so yeah not to sure myself...

i just hate i cant draw anything properly with pixels, nor have a proper OTTD build (chrill patchpack or other custom mods) to start playing the game i want to play (default game lacks some features i need/want/like)

also i should poke romazoon again for our cincinidy game save, i only have a way old version :(

(and yes thats tropical map, not bad)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012, 19:25 
Lurker
Lurker

Tropic one is cool, I would even use it in temperate games if possible.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012, 19:36 
Simuscape Admin

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:

yeah but it was more like an oh yeah this as well case, and edit button + quote is harder then just clicking quote...

I know, it's okey... :P

Quote:
i just hate i cant draw anything properly with pixels, nor have a proper OTTD build (chrill patchpack or other custom mods) to start playing the game i want to play (default game lacks some features i need/want/like)

Yeah well, it's not really that difficult but a good portion of patience is surely required... :mrgreen:

jor[D]1 wrote:
Tropic one is cool, I would even use it in temperate games if possible.

Yeah, I kind of like it myself... I have some ideas with this one though, but first I need to complete some other stations... :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2012, 02:24 

SAC wrote:
Yep, and sorry i missed some posts. Could you recolor it so it could be used with this station?

And I love the brighter version!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012, 10:32 
Browser
Browser

SAC wrote:
Actually, the station building is not supposed to be an eye candy object, but a station tile just as the station hall itself. It's only those decoration tiles that'll be released as eye candy. :P

By "eyecandy goodness", I didn't mean to suggest that this was a NewObject. I should be more clear and state that, for the sake of more realistic layouts, the design should be rotated in all four directions.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 19:36 
Simuscape Admin

athanasios wrote:
SAC wrote:
Yep, and sorry i missed some posts. Could you recolor it so it could be used with this station?

And I love the brighter version!

I'm working on it... Have some other suggestions currently in the works proposed by OzTrans... :twisted:

kamnet wrote:
By "eyecandy goodness", I didn't mean to suggest that this was a NewObject. I should be more clear and state that, for the sake of more realistic layouts, the design should be rotated in all four directions.

Yeah well... still not sure if the extra work included is benefitial for the actual purpose - especially as most of it will still be hidden behind the station hall... :|

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 22:02 
Lurker
Lurker

Is the station hall also usable without roofs. Then 4 rotations are very usable.
Big stations without roofs do exist.
For example Verviers Central in Belgium, beautiful old station, most ugly platforms.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jansluijter/5705080766/

Google for other side and you will be overwhelmed by ugliness.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 22:12 
Simuscape Admin

Nope, the Station Hall is only available with roof. But it can be placed separately from the Station Building...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 22:18 
Lurker
Lurker

oops I was mistaken I meant the station building.

So is it possible to build the building, without the station hall. And use other platforms?
Then all 4 rotations would come in handy.

(my (end)stations are usually located with the tracks heading to the bottom of my screen.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 22:22 
Simuscape Admin

Yes, the Station building and the Station hall are separate, so you can have whatever station building to go with this Station hall of mine, or whatever platforms to go with this Station building of mine... :)

Even so, I'm working on some more station styles and some additional graphics to this current station, and at this point I'm not ready to add also 4-view rotation as I see little benefit really... Perhaps at a later stage... :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2012, 01:56 

Won't see much but I believe it worth the effort to have a complete set. Since other views will be more 'flat' there will not be so much artwork to do Or not?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2012, 07:32 
Simuscape Admin

athanasios wrote:
Won't see much but I believe it worth the effort to have a complete set. Since other views will be more 'flat' there will not be so much artwork to do Or not?

It's not so much about how much artwork is needed, but more so if the purpose answers to the extra work included in general. Besides, how many station sets out there have 4-view rotation? Isn't this more of a 32-bit issue? :twisted:

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 6   [ 120 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next