It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:26

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]

June-July-August 2012 Votes
Poll ended at 14 Sep 2012, 20:52
1 - OzTrans 55%  55%  [ 6 ]
2 - Quast65 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
3 - Katve 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
4 - SAC 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
5 - Athanasios 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 11
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2012, 20:48 
Simuscape Admin

1 - OzTrans

Winnipeg Central Station in Summer 1973 without a speck of snow in sight ... the busy summer travelling season has just begun with thousands on the way to their favourite holiday destination ...

Attachment:
Image301.png
Image301.png [ 561.63 KiB | Viewed 12739 times ]

2 - Quast65

Attachment:
Image302.png
Image302.png [ 564.51 KiB | Viewed 12739 times ]

3 - Katve

Attachment:
Image303.png
Image303.png [ 425.38 KiB | Viewed 12696 times ]

4 - SAC

Downtown Olympia a beautiful summer day...

Attachment:
Image304.png
Image304.png [ 222.44 KiB | Viewed 12683 times ]

5 - athanasios

Screenshot of the heart of the industrial zone of Magna Coco and as transportation relies heavily on trucks you can see a tiny part of the big traffic jams at the SE corner of the image. 494 vehicles and it is only the start of the game. (Expect major back to the past time travels in scenario editor and industries shifting to readjust the road network.)

Attachment:
Image305.png
Image305.png [ 416.61 KiB | Viewed 12679 times ]

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 14:28 
Player
Player

I'm unable to see Oztrans's entry (mine shows up fine). Is this intentional or maybe broken link?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 16:16 
Player
Player

Quast65 wrote:
I'm unable to see Oztrans's entry (mine shows up fine). Is this intentional or maybe broken link?
Interesting, I can see mine, but I cannot see yours. It has something to do with permissions. SAC has simply linked to the image in the PM, that does not work. It needs to be reposted as attachment.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012, 22:01 
Simuscape Admin

Oops... :oops:

I was in a hurry... Problem fixed! :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 05:15 
Player
Player

Yep! It is... and I'm not really sure I'm happy about that... The way that tunnel station is constructed is pure genius!! Especially with the ornamental train on top of the tunnel entrance!! TT-patch does rule sometimes ;-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 09:38 
Simuscape Admin

Quast65 wrote:
Especially with the ornamental train on top of the tunnel entrance!!

Yes, I noticed that too! Pure genious... :shock:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 22:08 
Player
Player

Quast65 wrote:
... The way that tunnel station is constructed is pure genius!! Especially with the ornamental train on top of the tunnel entrance!! TT-patch does rule sometimes.
Nothing to do with me being a genius; I've stolen the idea from the Canadian Stations User Guide (p6).

On the other end, I needed the tunnel roof to get access to the most northern platform. Something, you just cannot (yet ?) do in OpenTTD. But constructing underground stations (whether part of a major station complex or not) is possible too in OpenTTD.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 22:15 
Simuscape Admin

Still very neat... :P And I believe I haven't seen that Radio Tower, (mobile phone tower ?), before either...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012, 23:16 
Player
Player

SAC wrote:
Still very neat...
Thank you.

Quote:
... I haven't seen that Radio Tower, (mobile phone tower ?), before either...
Nobody has, it is the radio/tv transmitter from my Canadian Infrastructure set (unreleased yet).

BTW, trains, passenger stations and bridges are from the Canadian Theme Pack; 3rd party graphics used : Industrial Stations. The rest is from already available Canadian/North American sets of mine.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 15:31 
Player
Player

Even though you didn't have the original idea, it is still very lovely implimented in your screenshot! And it was the first time I really noticed it (now you mentioned it, I did see it in the Canstat manual, but I didn't really look closely at it)

Still, I am intrigued by the tunnelstation and how it works. Because I have some innercity stations that split a city in two parts and there is some trouble with the development of the city on one side of it (no highrise buildings, the development of the city focuses mainly on one side). Having an underground station would solve that problem as the city won't be split anymore.

I have been fiddeling around with it (and it might be a limitation of open-ttd), but I dont seem to get it working as I would like. So I have some questions you might be able to answer.

Firstly, (un)loading speeds. Are these affected in your game? In my game the (un)loading goes very slow because the platforms are shorter than my trains. It looks like the tunnel is not seen as a part of the station (which makes sence, but I'm curious how it works in your game)

Secondly, is the use of enhanced tunnels (which open-ttd doesn't have) the trick into making the game think that the tunnel is a part of the station and so makes trains stop in the middle of the tunnel for (un)loading? If so, I know I wont have to bother trying anymore because this is not (yet) possible in open-ttd. ;-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 16:26 
Player
Player

Quast65 wrote:
Still, I am intrigued by the tunnelstation and how it works. ...
Quite simple, the tunnel portals and the station tiles have nothing to to with each other. Tunnels are tunnels and station tiles (one at each end) are simply stations. In order for a train not to stop when entering the tunnel, that tile belongs to another station by name and trains do never stop at that station tile (just eye-candy). You also don't see any passengers waiting at those tiles. The station tiles next to the tunnel exit belongs to Winnipeg Central.

Quote:
Firstly, (un)loading speeds. Are these affected in your game?
No, they are not. TTDPatch doesn't care how much of a train does not fit. OpenTTD, however, slows un/loading if a train does not fit completely. I don't think there is a way to avoid that.

Basically, the train only sees the station tile next to the tunnel exit, where it stops.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 17:23 
Player
Player

Thnx for clearing that up! I already assumed that the platforms on the entrances were eyecandy, but the big problem is the (un)loading time. I have seen that there is a patch for that, but as I have never compiled OTTD myself (and the tutorials are not very clear on how to do that), that won't be possible to fix.

Thnx anyway!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 17:27 
Simuscape Admin

OzTrans wrote:
In order for a train not to stop when entering the tunnel, that tile belongs to another station by name and trains do never stop at that station tile...

Come to think of it, that's how I did it in my Innovatia v.1 as well... :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2012, 11:51 
Lurker
Lurker

OzTrans's screenshot make me wanna install TDDP. Wish those custom tunnel and bridges will be included in Openttd. :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 12:59 
Simuscape Admin

Added my own screenshot as the competition is extended to August 31st...

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]