It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:36

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: Free speech?
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2018, 04:01 

Why doesn't youtube ban such criminals from posting comments and their filthy videos?

Quote is from Greek, but I suppose you can understand what are the talking about:
Quote:
... sfastiga ston parthenona...

For those who didn't get it, they are talking about raising the "swastika on parthenon" again.

Related video with offending comments by the Nazi monster (Video is of a brave lady who shouts to them that they are Nazis) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-HL4lfl8YA&feature=youtu.be

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Free speech?
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2018, 14:46 
Master Mentor

Isn't the Parthenon protected as a historic sight? One would think that any, and I do mean "any", signage would be illegal and those posting such would be subject to immediate arrest and charges with very maximum imprisonment and fines.

For speech to be free, all speech has to be free, with the only exceptions being libel or desecration of national monuments and shrines or incitement to violence.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 04:14 

Hitler desecrated the Parthenon by raising his Nazi flag.
During WW II 300000 to 600000 civilians perished from war-related famine and disease in Greece. My mom related me how she was stepping on corpses while crossing the rails. 60.000.000 dead during WW II is a valid reason to ban Hitler's followers in Greece and all over the world the right to talk. And as this is not enough, they repeatedly state their aim is to continue and accomplish their leader's plans and act in accordance: murdering and brutally beating innocent people because they are not of the white race or do not support their racist ideas. Wally if you watch another of their videos you will notice that there is a scene of an injured (beaten?) person of another nationality. With this they allude to the attacks they are making to non-white and foreigners and to what future awaits all of them.

Now regarding the Parthenon a sound Athenian citizen does not mind people protesting for their rights and raising flags or banners as long as they respect the monument and what it represents nowadays. Athens is the cradle of democracy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 05:15 
Master Mentor

I do agree with what you say about the Nazis. As terrible as they were, the Bolsheviks were even worse. Dictatorial autocracy in any form is inexcusable.

Here's an interesting fact about democracy. For many years citizens of the world considered the main attraction of the United States was that it was the greatest democracy. Did you know that the word "democracy" does not appear anywhere in the American constitution? Since it's inception the United States has always referred to itself as a republic whose representatives are elected.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2018, 04:05 

Democracy existed only in Athens. ;)

Quote:
republic
rɪˈpʌblɪk/
noun
noun: republic; plural noun: republics

a state in which supreme power is held by the people and theirelected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.

To be precise this definition is better:
Quote:
oligarchy
ˈɒlɪɡɑːki/
noun
noun: oligarchy; plural noun: oligarchies

a small group of people having control of a country or organization.

Quote:
As terrible as they were, the Bolsheviks were even worse.

Let me disagree. Wally we have to be fair. They killed fewer millions.
Greece suffered from civil war and my parents have related to me of their evil works (not that the other side was better). Recently I read an article about our comrades in Greece that fell from the hands of the KKE (Greek Communist Party). Pretty faithful to their 'father' Stalin.

But today there is no need to argue which s*** tastes worse when you can have both in the same plate (image from wikipedia):

Quote:
Dictatorial autocracy in any form is inexcusable.

Say that to Putin and the next day you will disappear from the face of the earth, no Siberia option available. :twisted:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2018, 04:43 
Master Mentor

Ah yes, but Putin can point to the ballot box.

By the way, I have given up on free speech. I now charge $25 per word. :mrgreen:
Also, did I tell you about my car accident last September? My car was politicized. I was driving conservatively on the right side of the road when an oncoming SUV took a very liberal turn to the left.

In most countries, democracy is the dictatorship of the party with the largest minority of eligible voters considering that a sizable block of eligible voters doesn't bother to vote. 8-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 03:40 

:lol:
Last one holds true.
It is ridiculous to hear the politicians claim "We have been voted by the majority" when in reality the votes are about 20% of the population-if not less.
Even worse with polls: "80% of the population holds the opinion..." when in reality 80% of those called replied '**** you!' and this choice is always missing from the poll. That's what they call 'free speech'. :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 08:37 
Master Mentor

athanasios wrote:
when in reality 80% of those called replied '**** you!
Actually, they (we (I)) simply hang up without saying anything at all. For an example, see my next post. 8-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 08:38 
Master Mentor

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 08:39 
Master Mentor

:P :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 02:08 

Two or three days ago they called me from a private electricity selling company. I said I am not interested and they called me again a couple of hours later (they have been calling me at least twice/month). So I replied to them in a "polite" way: :fuck:

Earlier we were talking with another father (... George has to go to the nearest park to play). The idiots also called him the same day at around 16:00. Take into consideration that it is very hot these days, Greeks take their siesta between 15:00 and 17:00 plus that he is a taxi driver and try to guess how he replied! :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

Now back on topic:
Members of Rubicon raised a banner in front of the Parthenon in favor of an imprisoned member of the armed communist organization 17 November (has executed several people) on hunger strike because he was illegally denied his prison leave. Later on the day he 'won' his right.

I want to be fair and go to the other side of the political spectrum:
British MEP, Janice Atkinson, attempted to raise the urgent human rights issue of Tommy Robinson’s secret transfer from a safe prison to a highly dangerous prison at today’s ENF group. Her microphone was cut and abuse hurled at her...
IMO regardless if we agree with him and his actions, Tommy was imprisoned illegally to make him shut his mouth.

Such behaviors ("nepotism") should not be tolerated.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 04:17 
Master Mentor

athanasios wrote:
Such behaviors ("nepotism") should not be tolerated.
Agreed 100%

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]