It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:36

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 14 of 23   [ 452 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: GarryG Does Stations
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 13:05 
Expert
Expert

Done a lot of changes today .. missed out on my beauty nap :mrgreen:

At moment Parts 1 to 4 includes their NFO & GRF attached.

Part 1 still has 32 spare IDs, and Part 2 has 64.

I will fill up some of these.

When I started doing this realise parts I not finish. The City Tile platforms only has 1 type of awning .. intend to make some more for it.

Part 2 will put in a few more stations.

Part 3 .. items from this have been included in the new Menu IDs including the buffers .. these still need some sorting.

Part 4 .. has everything that had something to do with freight. Includes the buffers and a waypoint.

Have a look at them over the weekend if you got time and see what you think.

You mentions some graphic issues .. can let me know what these are and I look at them over the weekend.

I change all menu IDs .. no numbers after the AS except Infrastructure as haven't thought of a ID for it yet.

This what I have for the moment.
Country Platforms Gravel Surface (for example Purchase-ID: ASGR)
Country Platforms Gravel & Bitumen Surface (ID: ASGB)
Country Platforms Bitumen Surface (ID: ASBI)
City Platforms Bitumen Surface (ID: ASCB)
City Platforms Tile Surface (ID: ASCT)
Freight Platforms (ID: ASFP)
More Footbridges (ID: ASFB)
Bufferstops (ID: ASBS)
Freight Buildings (ID: ASFR)
Livestock (ID: ASLS)

All Freight Platforms are in the one lot.

Footbridges that had a platform are with their platforms, those that did not have a platform are in More Footbridges.

Added a Livestock menu.

Cheers pal

Attachments:
BackupJuly14.rar [939.29 KiB]
Downloaded 328 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 14:07 
Player
Player

I think you did some great work! This setup seems to be very good to me! :bowing:

Part-4 wouldnt load in my game, got a warning that something may be wrong around codeline 246

Couple of comments:

- Platforms with the custom Catenary should get their own purchase-menu, there are so many of them that that may be a good thing to do (maybe also split those into Country & City, as I think a couple of simple Countryplatforms, just the empty platforms for example, with those would be nice too)

- Buffers should indeed be split into 2 menu's, Country & City

- I am missing some bufferoptions, first of all Buffers for Gravel&Bitumen, furthermore CountryBitumen offers 14 options, the other ones just 10. I believe it is the ones that have the platform ending halfway the tile just behind the bufferstop. Those would be nice for the other surfaces too.

- I am missing ramps for CityTile, maybe in reallife they dont have those, but are a nice addition to keep everything uniform.

- A couple more awningoptions for CityTile was already something I wanted to suggest, but you already noticed that yourself ;-)

- I do also think it would be nice if CountryGravel & CountryGravelBitumen could get some awnings too... Maybe just the rusty-half-awning ones (red & grey). I think those would be a nice addition to those surfaces.

I think with a couple of these suggestions you will fill up Part-1 rather quick ;-)

Regarding the graphic issues, most of them are rather tiny and can wait untill you sorted out the GRFs and maybe added the suggestions I mentioned. That will keep you busy enough over the weekend ;-) I have to work then too, so dont have a lot of time to write an extensive report about the graphics thingies these couple of days. ;-) Will do after the weekend.

A very good job so far buddy!!! :W

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 14:43 
Expert
Expert

Here's working copy Part 4 .. I did have it working before I sent last lot of messages, just forgot to copy it into the Backup folder.
Attachment:
auzstations_4_v001.grf [818.6 KiB]
Downloaded 303 times

Quote:
Platforms with the custom Catenary should get their own purchase-menu

Will do .. Maybe ASCP (CP Stands for Catenary Platforms)

Quote:
- Buffers should indeed be split into 2 menu's, Country & City

You mentioned that before, but I forgot and ran out of time to remember :P

Quote:
I am missing some bufferoptions

Some of these I removed or changed because I didn't have room to do what I wanted. But now there heaps of room so can put them back.

Quote:
I do also think it would be nice if CountryGravel & CountryGravelBitumen could get some awnings too

I think I can arrange that. Some old stations just had a very small awnings .. not much bigger then what you find at a bus stop .. wonder if something like this would look ok. Maybe big enough to fit in front of some waiting rooms I have in Part 2.

Quote:
Regarding the graphic issues, most of them are rather tiny

If tiny that explains why I not seen them yet. :mrgreen: I think all the work above and a idea or two I have will keep me busy.

A few ideas if I have room .. your Dutch set .. think look ok if I pinch a few platforms and put my awnings on them?

Member in other forum "STD" asked to include some things from ISA .. but I don't want to repeat anything some one else has done as don't make sense. I might use some things from other sets but add some of my own touches to it. The container idea might be good if I put some of Coalroads_Artist containers and some I designed that been used with my train sets.

Quote:
A very good job so far buddy!!! :W

Thanks pal.

I heading to bed as been a long day.

Cheers pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 14:58 
Player
Player

Quote:
A few ideas if I have room .. your Dutch set .. think look ok if I pinch a few platforms and put my awnings on them?

I'd rather work the other way around, pinch your awnings and put those in my set :P
I am already thinking about doing that with your catenarybeams...
I dont think you should add the Dutch Platform type in your GRF...

Quote:
Member in other forum "STD" asked to include some things from ISA .. but I don't want to repeat anything some one else has done as don't make sense. I might use some things from other sets but add some of my own touches to it. The container idea might be good if I put some of Coalroads_Artist containers and some I designed that been used with my train sets.

Yeah, I agree with your stand on that. Expanding the freight set can always be done later on (especially when it is a separate set :twisted: )

Good night mate!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 15:03 
Expert
Expert

You caught me before I closed done .. just telling the guys on other forum what happening.

Your very welcome to use anything I done. Glad you adding my awning to your sets as save me doing them.

maybe I call Part 4 .. AuzFreightStations Part 1 .. hehe

I'll finish my message in other forum and off to bed I go .. Ni Ni :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 00:32 
Expert
Expert

Been making changes already this morning.

Made 2 menus to separate the buffers to Country and City. I had some stand along buffers without platforms, so I removed those. Will put them in my object sets later.

Also made a Bufferstops Freight.

Part 4 now called AuzIndustrialStations. (08 07 "GG" 00 06 "Auz Industry Stations v001" 00 "Australian Stations and Platforms for Freight Cargos, Version 001")

I'm near sure the buffer stops at Sydney station are very close to the end platforms, at least the used to be. Hope to confirm this on Tuesday. If so wouldn't mind making end section like this.
Attachment:
buffers7.png
buffers7.png [ 4.62 KiB | Viewed 8297 times ]

I thinking of changing as many buffer stop designs I can so a train will stop right at the buffers, not a tile length away.
Attachment:
buffers6.png
buffers6.png [ 17.63 KiB | Viewed 8297 times ]

In pic train 1 stops close to the buffers, where 2 and 3 stop away from the buffers.

Buffers I have done with a end platform could be easy to change by just making the end platform 2 or 3 platforms in width.

Train 3 .. that buffer can bring forward, but what to put behind it to hide the railway lines?

Cheers pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 08:57 
Expert
Expert

Well, I done enough for last 2 days .. got jack of making changes to old things so this afternoon I made a new thing.

This is Warwick Goods Shed. Based on a shed at Warwick, Queensland, Australia. Shed had 1 road through the guts of it and both sides. Front had wooden platform in front of some of the doors and others for road vehicles.

But this design can have it as wide as want.
Attachment:
WarwickGoodsShed.png
WarwickGoodsShed.png [ 82.37 KiB | Viewed 8295 times ]

The 3 pieces on left are Warwick A, Warwick B and Warwick C.

Need to use A at start and can use as many as B to make as long as like and finish off with C. Can also use A and B together. I used Normal Stations to make these so can have them as many tracks wide as want too and had the platforms to the front.

I change the menus in all sets. Attached them all along with the NFO files.

The Menus are:
AusFreight: Bufferstops Freight AFBS
AusFreight: Freight Buildings AFFB
AusFreight: Freight Platforms AFFP
AusFreight: Livestock AFLS
AusStations: Bufferstops City ASBY
AusStations: Bufferstops Country ASBC
AusStations: Car Parks AFCP
AusStations: City Platforms Bitumen Surface ASCB
AusStations: City Platforms Tile Surface ASCT
AusStations: Country Platforms Bitumen Surface ASBI
AusStations: Country Platforms Gravel & Bitumen Surface ASGB
AusStations: Country Platforms Gravel Surface ASGR
AusStations: Infrastucture ASIN
AusStations: Island Stations ASIS
AusStations: More Footbridges ASFB
AusStations: Non-Track Tiles ASNT
AusStations: Platforms for Catenary ASPC
AusStations: Railway Stations ASRS
AusStations: Waypoints WAYP
AusWired: Wired Stations ASWS

Cheers pal.

Attachments:
BackupJuly15.rar [1010.14 KiB]
Downloaded 315 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 14:21 
Player
Player

Busy with work, dont have time at the moment to check the new GRFs, will do that after the weekend.

Quote:
I thinking of changing as many buffer stop designs I can so a train will stop right at the buffers, not a tile length away.

Uhmmm, well couple of things to remark regarding that idea.
The main thing is, what you already mentioned, what to place behind a bufferstop when it doesnt have platforms to cover up the rail behind the buffer.... This issue already makes moving all buffers to the beginning of the tile very difficult...
So, only in the case when you are able to cover up the rest of the rails (with platforms, or other structures) you can move the buffer forward. Otherwise keep it at the end.

Furthermore, you mentioned that by moving the buffers forward, trains will stop at the buffer.
They will only do that if you give them orders to stop at the end of track, I dont know about you, but I always give my trains orders to stop in the middle of a station, so in those games the trains will never reach the buffers anyway, so it doesnt matter if it is in the beginning or end...
Finally, I dont think you are a very good traindriver if you bump your train into a buffer every time :lol:
Therefor, I would say, if you can move them forward because you have platforms or something else behind them, yes do that. Otherwise, keep them at end of track.

Quote:
I had some stand along buffers without platforms, so I removed those. Will put them in my object sets later.

I would not remove those, as a player may need them for example for shunting areas. It is easier for a player to find that buffer somewhere within the station-sets, than looking for it in an object-set.
I would therefor recommend to keep them in both sets (Freight and Passenger).
Its just 2 IDs anyway per station-set....
In case of Freight-GRF, put them first in the Freight-buffer section.
In case of Passenger-GRFs, put them first in the Country-buffer section.
So, again, place them in two sets, as those may be used seperately (a player may choose to only use your Freight-GRF, and then needs to be able to find them and same if a player only uses the Passenger-GRFs)
Code them to allow pylons and wires when placed from an Electrified Tracktype, that doesnt look too bad, saves you making a custom catenaried version and if a player doesnt like that look, he can always choose to build it from an UnElectrified Tracktype anyway ;-)

Quote:
Warwick Goods Shed

With this we stumble upon the final thing I am able to "teach" you ;-)
Stations that change appearance when a train is close to it.
As you may know, I have a couple of tiles in the Dutch set that do that, most of them are signals at fake roadcrossings, but it will also work for structures like Warwick.
So when there is no train, the doors are closed.
When a train approaches (so when the pathfinder has chosen that piece of track to let the train run through) the doors are open untill the train has passed it.
Will make templates for that later in the week (wanted to do that anyway, even if you were not going to use them), will be nice to use that for Warwick ;-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 15:40 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
Busy with work, dont have time at the moment to check the new GRFs, will do that after the weekend.

That's no problem .. wont matter if it not till mid week or later.

Quote:
Buffer Stops

I knew the buffer stop without anything behind it won't be able to move it. I just mentioned it in case you might have had a idea.

The others will look at moving them forward and place platform or something behind them.

If station is a large terminal station drivers stop as close as the can to the buffers so passengers not have as far to walk. That the reason I try change some buffers if can. There are a few smaller terminal stations in Sydney that have one platform so drivers stop middle of platform like you get your trains to do.

All my train drivers are well trained they can stop their trains without hitting the buffers .. is that while all your trains stop in middle as you don't have good drivers :lol:

Quote:
I had some stand along buffers without platforms, so I removed those. Will put them in my object sets later.

Ok will put back in. Maybe I could move the buffers from the Auz Freight Stations into Part 2 so theses all together and call the folder More Buffers. The I can make a few other designs like a pile of sleepers across end of track. Also seen at a country station just a post with a red stop board and red light on it in middle of track at the end where buffer should be.

Quote:
Warwick Goods Shed

That will be good if the gate will swing open and close. Newcastle goods shed also had run through but I don't have any good pics of it and it was removed in the 1950s. Can only go on its design from diagrams I have.

There is another set of tiles I like to learn that is 2x1 and 3x1 Island Platforms.

The buildings on the Mortuary station in Sydney very nicely done. They even have awnings over the tracks so that the dead people not get wet when they get on or off train.

Ay way it past my dream time and I need to wake early tomorrow. Cheers pal

I been picking flowers from the service station in FIRS .. looking at doing a few platforms with these flowers.
Attachment:
Flowers.png
Flowers.png [ 3.83 KiB | Viewed 8291 times ]

Copy for you is you like to use somewhere.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2017, 14:19 
Expert
Expert

Today did the following:

Part 1: Added awnings to the gravel, the Gravel and bitumen and the City Tiles Platforms.
Only 8 IDs left .. so might move the Infrastructure over to Part 2.

Part 2: Some of the stations already in the game, made some more the same but with different roof colours. Hope to do a few more tomorrow. Think be nice if some designs have 2 or more roof colours to go with the awnings.

Add the 2 buffers mentioned before and put in the menu More Bufferstops. Also transferred two bufferstop sets from the Auz Freight Stations to Part 2 and put them in More Bufferstops. Intend to make a few more different styles of buffer types for this menu.

Copy of all NFOs and GRFs attached.

You mentioned you like to add some of these awnings to your Dutch Sets .. would you like me send a copy of those sprites.

I heading to dream world .. catch ya later.

Attachments:
BackupJuly16.rar [922.51 KiB]
Downloaded 315 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2017, 05:25 
Expert
Expert

Went to Sydney today had a look at Station and took a few pics.

This shows how close the buffers are to the end platforms and they don't have the support behind them that some places have. Behind them are posts to support the end of the overhead wires.

One shows how close the trains stop near the buffers.
Attachment:
Sydney_01_Buffers.png
Sydney_01_Buffers.png [ 1.18 MiB | Viewed 8287 times ]

The next pic.
Shows different types of supports for the overhead wires at the buffers.
Attachment:
Sydney_04_Buffers.png
Sydney_04_Buffers.png [ 2.32 MiB | Viewed 8287 times ]

Last pic shows a different type of buffer. Just a big piece of wood painted white across the end of the track and a post with 2 lights one above the other. Took this pic from moving train though some clean dirty windows.. Wonder if the 2 lights for the novelty I should use the Red Cycle or yellow flash lights.
Attachment:
Sydney_05_Buffers.png
Sydney_05_Buffers.png [ 197.2 KiB | Viewed 8287 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2017, 05:53 
Expert
Expert

Pics of Stanchions from Platform 15 .. it at very end of the terminal platforms.

One of the chaps in my other forum ask if the posts that are off the platform be removed. But I thinking the beam be to long, but this I think solves that problem. I might be able to do same as here.
Attachment:
Sydney_06_Stanchions.png
Sydney_06_Stanchions.png [ 1.78 MiB | Viewed 8287 times ]

The green awnings I did, I have the post in the wrong positions .. need to move them out a few pixels closer to the platform edge and as can see what also some narrower awnings towards end of platform where a set of stairs are that go to subway and give passengers direct access to all 23 platforms .. the 15 terminal and 8 through platforms.
Attachment:
Sydney_07_Awnings.png
Sydney_07_Awnings.png [ 308.37 KiB | Viewed 8287 times ]

Behind me in the bottom photo is a building right on end of platform .. you can see them in the Sydney photo you sent me. I thought they was shunter huts, but kind of wrong. They have a lift in all these buildings .. they was used in the days when you could send parcels and mail by train. The lifts gave access to a subway that connected to the parcel office. The larger shed on a few platforms also had the shunters hut.

Looks like I got some changes to make.

Cheers pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2017, 20:24 
Player
Player

Interesting pictures!
Nice isnt it that because of this we are taking closer looks at things we used to take for granted ;-)
I stared about half an hour at the tramcatenary some time ago, while waiting for my tram to arrive :cucko:

Nice to see how the buffers are done in Sydney, a bit different than overhere:
Attachment:
den-haag-cs.jpg
den-haag-cs.jpg [ 85.65 KiB | Viewed 8283 times ]

As you can see, we trust our traindrivers a bit less :twisted:
Big yellow heavy metal and concrete buffers, a couple of meters away from the platforms and also with not one, but two red/white warning signs :roll:

Quote:
One of the chaps in my other forum ask if the posts that are off the platform be removed. But I thinking the beam be to long, but this I think solves that problem.

Yeah, that can work!!

Quote:
Wonder if the 2 lights for the novelty I should use the Red Cycle or yellow flash lights

You bring up an interesting issue, something I was wondering about, but did not check out yet...
And that is how do colors that are normally animated when coded as 8bpp behave when they are coded as 32bpp....
It turns out that they are then not animated anymore!!! (so when drawing in 32bpp you dont need to worry about the blinking "christmas-lights" )

But what to do if you do want them to behave as animated colors?
I figured that out:

How to use animated colors when coding with 32bpp graphics:

First, something very important, we need to change something in code-line 1
Currently looks like this:
Code:
    1 * 24    14 "C" "INFO" "B" "PALS" \w1 "W" "B" "BLTR" \w1 "3" 00 00

the "W" should be changed to "D", so it looks like this:
Code:
    1 * 24    14 "C" "INFO" "B" "PALS" \w1 "D" "B" "BLTR" \w1 "3" 00 00

While testing this out I realised that I am using the DOS-palette for the 8bpp graphics-templates, not the Windows-palette.... :oops:

Change this for all your GRFs (I have already edited the post I made about explaining the code-header somewhere in the beginning of this thread), otherwise for example the watercycle colors will show up as pink ingame and not blue ;-)

Ok, so now what?

Well, you need to add the animated colors as an extra graphics-overlay, a mask so to say that only contains graphics that should be animated (or company-colored for that matter).

For this you need to copy the ***_8bpp_EMPTY.png file that corresponds with that particular station and rename it to ***_8bpp_MASK.png
Now you can draw in the colors you want to have animated at the place they are needed (for example copy/paste the buffergraphics into it, make sure the red light gets an animated color and then delete the rest of the buffergraphics again (make them transparent blue again), leaving just the red lights.

For example I did this with the 1x1-nontrack template:
Attachment:
Template_NonTrack_1x1_8bpp_MASK.png
Template_NonTrack_1x1_8bpp_MASK.png [ 2.42 KiB | Viewed 8283 times ]

This will eventually show up like this ingame (happily blinking away and showing the red companycolors I had at that time ;-) )
Attachment:
Example314.png
Example314.png [ 39.06 KiB | Viewed 8283 times ]

But to get that we need to change the code, for the 1x1 template it looks currently like this:
Code:
  118 * 6    01 04 01 FF 06 00
  119 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_EMPTY.png  8bpp   10  40   64  122  -31  -91 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_32bpp.png  32bpp   10    40   64  122  -31  -91 normal chunked
  120 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_EMPTY.png  8bpp   90  40   64  122  -31  -91 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_32bpp.png  32bpp   90    40   64  122  -31  -91 normal chunked
  121 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_EMPTY.png  8bpp  170  40   64  122  -0  -0 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_32bpp.png  32bpp   170   40   64  122  -0  -0 normal chunked
  122 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_EMPTY.png  8bpp  250  40   64  122  -31  -91 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_32bpp.png  32bpp   250   40   64  122  -31  -91 normal chunked
  123 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_EMPTY.png  8bpp  330  40   64  122  -31  -91 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_32bpp.png  32bpp   330   40   64  122  -31  -91 normal chunked
  124 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_EMPTY.png  8bpp  410  40   64  122  -0  -0 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_32bpp.png  32bpp   410   40   64  122  -0  -0 normal chunked
  125 * 88    00 04 05 01 05 08 "AS03" 11 00 14 FF 15 FF 09 02
                 8D 0F 00 00 00 00 00 10 10 03 2D 84 00 00 00 00 00 10 10 03 2E 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 2F 44 22 03 80
                 8D 0F 00 00 00 00 00 10 10 03 30 84 00 00 00 00 00 10 10 03 31 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 32 44 22 03 80
  126 * 7    02 04 00 00 01 00 00
  127 * 7    02 04 01 00 01 00 00
  128 * 10    03 04 01 05 01 FE 01 00 00 00
  129 * 28    04 48 FF 01 05 "ÅTEMPLATE NONTRACK 1x1" 00
  130 * 35    04 48 FF 01 05 "ÄAuzStations: Non-Track Tiles" 00

But this is how it has to be with the added animated color mask:
Code:
  314 * 6    01 04 01 FF 06 00
  315 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_EMPTY.png  8bpp   10  40   64  122  -31  -91 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_32bpp.png  32bpp   10    40   64  122  -31  -91 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_MASK.png  mask 10  40
  316 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_EMPTY.png  8bpp   90  40   64  122  -31  -91 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_32bpp.png  32bpp   90    40   64  122  -31  -91 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_MASK.png  mask 90  40
  317 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_EMPTY.png  8bpp  170  40   64  122  -0  -0 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_32bpp.png  32bpp   170   40   64  122  -0  -0 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_MASK.png  mask 170  40
  318 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_EMPTY.png  8bpp  250  40   64  122  -31  -91 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_32bpp.png  32bpp   250   40   64  122  -31  -91 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_MASK.png  mask 250  40
  319 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_EMPTY.png  8bpp  330  40   64  122  -31  -91 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_32bpp.png  32bpp   330   40   64  122  -31  -91 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_MASK.png  mask 330  40
  320 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_EMPTY.png  8bpp  410  40   64  122  -0  -0 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_32bpp.png  32bpp   410   40   64  122  -0  -0 normal chunked
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_MASK.png  mask 410  40
  321 * 88    00 04 05 01 0E 08 "AS03" 11 00 14 FF 15 FF 09 02
                 8D 0F 00 00 00 00 00 10 10 03 2D 84 00 00 00 00 00 10 10 03 2E 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 2F 44 22 03 80
                 8D 0F 00 00 00 00 00 10 10 03 30 84 00 00 00 00 00 10 10 03 31 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 32 44 22 03 80
  322 * 7    02 04 00 00 01 00 00
  323 * 7    02 04 01 00 01 00 00
  324 * 10    03 04 01 0E 01 FE 01 00 00 00
  325 * 44    04 48 FF 01 0E "ÅTEMPLATE NONTRACK 1x1 Animated Colors" 00
  326 * 35    04 48 FF 01 0E "ÄAuzStations: Non-Track Tiles" 00

The change is that I added these kind of lines:
Code:
    | c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_MASK.png  mask 10  40

- I copied every ***_8bpp_EMPTY.png codeline, one by one and added that with the
Code:
|
symbol in each part of the graphicsblock of the code. (so just before a new codeline number)

- renamed _8bpp__EMPTY.png to _8bpp_MASK.png (so the name of that particular mask-graphics file)

- I changed this (focus on the change of whats in red to green):

c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_EMPTY.png 8bpp 10 40 64 122 -31 -91 normal chunked

to

c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_nontrack_1x1_8bpp_MASK.png mask 10 40 64 122 -31 -91 normal chunked

This is really important, that way it will compile it as a mask.
Also make sure mask is in lowercase letters!!!

- Finally I removed the last parts of the codeline:
Code:
   64  122  -31  -91 normal chunked

as those are not needed (it takes that information from the 32bpp codeline, dont ask me why, it just does and doesnt work if you keep it in ;-) )
The two numbers in front of those are important, Otherwise the mask will be placed at the wrong spot ;-)
You could also just copy the ***_8bpp_EMPTY.png codelines, without those parts offcourse 8-)

I hope I did not overexplain this ;-)
It is rather simple, but sometimes I type to much, making it unclear...
Read carefully... ;-)
Try it out with one of the buffers, making the red dot blink, if you run in trouble, just ask. :W

EDIT:
Apparently there are a couple of things to keep in mind with using MASK-files.
-First:
Make sure that in your 32bpp-file there is something drawn at the location where the graphics of the MASK-file should be placed over.
if nothing is there (so fully transparent) in your 32bpp-file, the graphics in your MASK-file will not show up at all!!

-Second:
Apparently the MASK-file has some sort of transparency! :o
This means that the graphics of the 32bpp-file have some sort of influence on how the animated colors in your MASK-file will eventually show up ingame.
Therefor I recommend to use some sort of uniform color in your 32bpp-file in the place of where the MASK-file graphics will be placed over, this color should work:
Attachment:
BackgroundColor_FireCycle.png
BackgroundColor_FireCycle.png [ 377 Bytes | Viewed 7469 times ]

To be honest, an interesting type of behaviour, this way you can get more variations in the animated colors, by using different (tones of) colors in your 32bpp-file as background.

Last edited by Quast65 on 20 Oct 2018, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2017, 00:09 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
As you can see, we trust our traindrivers a bit less :twisted:
Big yellow heavy metal and concrete buffers, a couple of meters away from the platforms and also with not one, but two red/white warning signs :roll:

Your platforms are also lower then ours so if train did run through the buffers it would probably mount the platform and continue on going and where it would stop only the driver would know :) .. instead of a terminal platform you'd have a through platform.

Quote:
How to use animated colors when coding with 32bpp graphics

Before I try the animated lights I'll do some redesigning of the terminal awnings and buffers now I have a better incite to how they look. Then I be able to align the lights where needed.

Be interesting what else I can come up with to use the blinky lights :)

This pic of buffers at a EMU siding. If driver over shots these buffers he ends up in the lake and salt water might not be very good for electric motors.

Cheers pal

Attachments:
Untitled-1.png
Untitled-1.png [ 89.43 KiB | Viewed 8283 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2017, 02:27 
Expert
Expert

Here's another interesting photo of the stanchions on the roof of awnings.

This pic shows the stanchion above the awning as double post, yet under the awning it in narrower same as all posts holding up awning.
Attachment:
Stanchions on Awnings.png
Stanchions on Awnings.png [ 46.06 KiB | Viewed 8282 times ]

This is my answer to that problem.
Attachment:
Stanchions on Awnings3.png
Stanchions on Awnings3.png [ 5.31 KiB | Viewed 8282 times ]

This one shows the support wires and the stanchion does not have the stanchion going all way down to platform.
Attachment:
Stanchions on Awnings2.png
Stanchions on Awnings2.png [ 221.17 KiB | Viewed 8282 times ]

I don't intend to do these wire ones but both have me interested how they got the securely fastened on the roofs? I think I go back to Sydney in 2 weeks time and have another look/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2017, 04:42 
Expert
Expert

I'm bedbound for a while as got does of flue .. not easy concentrate on coding and graphics for the moment.

Still do bits and pieces each day, but very little.

Cheers

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2017, 12:50 
Player
Player

Quote:
I'm bedbound for a while as got does of flue

Get well soon buddy!!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2017, 00:30 
Expert
Expert

Thanks Pal, I like to start fighting these colds and flues before they take hold properly .. rest, drink lots and pee lots best remedy I know.

Be able to do a bit this morning and see how things are later in day.

Cheers pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2017, 04:05 

Wish you a quick recovery!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2017, 04:52 
Expert
Expert

Thanks all for your support.

Can't concentrate of coding at moment, but can play around a bit with drawings and finding ideas.

I thinking of redoing all the green awnings as this pic tells me I have the roof angle wrong.
Attachment:
SydneyAwnings.png
SydneyAwnings.png [ 465.41 KiB | Viewed 8275 times ]

I've got the green timber on ends of the awnings going straight and roof angling down to meet the green timber. But this pic is telling me from the support post the green timber work goes up on a angle. So I hope to do the same.

This pic is a aerial photo taken in 1947.
Attachment:
Sydney Station Aerial View.png
Sydney Station Aerial View.png [ 406.87 KiB | Viewed 8275 times ]

I like to try and base my designs on this. All 23 platforms No.1 on right through to 23 on left, 4 4 parcel and Mail dock bays. they between platform 1 and one of the carriage sheds. And like to include these carriage shed and also the carriage sheds just below what looks like bridges. Top centre of pic.

Don't know if I can bring this idea to life, but will try.

Cheers all .. time to rest some more.

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 14 of 23   [ 452 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next