It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:19

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 12 of 23   [ 452 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: GarryG Does Stations
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2017, 20:45 
Player
Player

Finally, I think there is a tiny graphical error with one of those bufferstops:
Attachment:
Example300.png
Example300.png [ 61.23 KiB | Viewed 7190 times ]

Thats it for now..... ;-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2017, 01:32 
Expert
Expert

I read your novel .. some interesting reading :)

Quote:
Finally, I think there is a tiny graphical error with one of those bufferstops:

Will check those out.

Quote:
Will make templates for you for both, 4x1 and 5x1. Probably somewhere during the coming week.

Terrific .. it of if be a week or more. Will concentrate on smaller stations at moment. Nekomaster gave me an idea.

Nearly all country stations in my State are similar design. If look at the Grenfell Station. A lot of stations have those end parts. So if I make these as separate pieces at edge of tiles and make different centre pieces so person can build a station what ever length they want. Just need 2 colours a brick and the cream weatherboard.

Quote:
Put all stations that are based on or exactly like real stations in Auz stations (whatever part number at that time ;-) ) Keep Fantasy Set solely for stuff that does not really exist like that in Australia.

Shall do ..

Quote:
I am very lucky with the fantastic graphicswork from Silverx50

That will be great to see. Much of the Dutch Stations I will be using in games with my sets as there is a lot that can be used together.

Quote:
I like the new design/colors, the timberwork looks good! (Buffers)

See what I can do with the colours. :)

Quote:
Bricks

Yours better then what I done. Should look good along platform edges and on buildings. Give them a test on some of the buildings I done and see who it looks.

Quote:
A random comment, now that you are using OpenGFX+Landscape trees, I think one of those would look better for Binalong island-station....

Good idea .. also thinking to do some non-track tiles with a tree or two on them .. should look good on country stations that are near forests.

Quote:
Craven Station and Grass Slope

Fixed.

Quote:
Pylons on or off?

Will leave them off. I see in voting 5 agree and 1 against .. put you will always get some one to disagree .. usually because they don't really care, they just like to be negative about things.

Quote:
Buffer Stops Catenary, TRACKS UNDER THE BUFFER

Will take a look at these and change.

Quote:
Buffer Stops Catenary, LINK-UP TO CATENARY-WIRES

These ideas have got me really thinking. Only problem be for single tracks, but then that can be a problem to those who using single tracks :mrgreen:

I think I will make the platform with the support wires between awning. If this is high enough it should satisfy all the different types of Catenary sets.

I been thinking about making a few platform sets with stanchions on them away from the platform edge and do something similar to what you drawn for the awnings.

The biggest problem with this idea, it got me so interested it taking me away from finishing Part 2 :mrgreen:

These ideas will be my project for today.

Cheers pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2017, 03:40 
Expert
Expert

looking at Sydney Station pic.

Will see if I can do awnings like you circles in red.

Also like to try what I circles in Yellow.

Love to later on try make The station buildings. But might need to be on a slope.

The sections above the green line is platform level. The interesting part if ever can be made the part above the green line where buses are is where trams arrive and depart.

To make the building it will be very long. It extends from Left from Platform 12 to just beyond Platform 1 .. that will be about 26 tiles long.

Definitely have to do it in sections .. maybe the 5x1 and 4x1 tiles will be ok. Just hope players are qualified in lego buildings :lol:

Has Silverx50 done any building similar? Just something that will help guide me and get me started?

I think it be good if next week I go down to Sydney by train and get some photos of infrastructure and buildings.

Cheers

Attachments:
Example299.png
Example299.png [ 415.53 KiB | Viewed 7189 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2017, 06:33 
Expert
Expert

Howzat!

One pic using your Catenary and other using the Dutch ones.
Attachment:
Electrified Platforms.png
Electrified Platforms.png [ 160.85 KiB | Viewed 7188 times ]

Attachment:
Electrified Platforms2.png
Electrified Platforms2.png [ 57.07 KiB | Viewed 7188 times ]

A few pieces to fix such as the support wire need extending 2 pixels and I left out a awning in one lot.

I intend to put the overheads opposite end of platforms too. When finish send you a copy of game file.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2017, 11:21 
Expert
Expert

The glitches you can see above pics all been fixed.

The code you mentioned to change for the Terminal buildings unfortunate did not work.

Maybe look ok if I put my own ballast around the buffers.

To safe cluttering up this site to much with pics, maybe better if I put most of the pics on my other forum. At least I give it a try see if any better for you. O other forum I left a pic their of Sydney Terminal of 15 platforms. If have a look at Platform 1 .. far left at the start of it .. the stanchion on the awning does not have any support . So need to make some single sided tiles with proper support for when not need duplicate platforms.

Here's the game file and NFO if like to test and see what you think.

Cheers pal

Attachments:
auzstations_3_v001.nfo [99.5 KiB]
Downloaded 325 times
auzstations_3_v001.grf [318.29 KiB]
Downloaded 344 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2017, 18:36 
Player
Player

Quote:
The code you mentioned to change for the Terminal buildings unfortunate did not work.

Yes it did work ;-)
However I think I made a mistake and I did not explain it clear enough (I had a lot to write in that post ;-) )
First of all, check by using the transparency menu in the main game menu that there are tracked basetiles (by making the stations invisible):
Attachment:
Example301.png
Example301.png [ 25.53 KiB | Viewed 7185 times ]

You will then see that some tiles do have tracked basetiles, but they are facing the wrong direction. :oops:
That I should have explained clearer (and also my mistake), its either F4 03 or F3 03 depending on what direction the track should have.
I think in all cases you have to switch them around (so F3 03 for the first codeline, F4 03 for the second), but doublecheck it with the transparency-menu to make sure!!!

Also, for the 2x1's, you have only changed the 8D 0F for the first two codelines those are in, you also have to change them for the last two codelines in that piece of code (as you now only have changed the basetile of one of the 2 tiles, the other one is still plain grass)
Attachment:
Example302.png
Example302.png [ 56.08 KiB | Viewed 7185 times ]

Easy fix, and no need then anymore to design your own ballast around the buffers.

Quote:
Your new overhead design

That looks really good!! :bowing:

Needs a bit of tweaking though, indeed the connections towards the wires may need to be a bit longer in some cases (check it by just using the "standard" catenary, they should reach towards that powerline to be ok then for all catenarywires)

Also in some cases the overheads themselves dont link up too good, for example when using this setup:
Single-sided - Island - Single-sided
Attachment:
Example303.png
Example303.png [ 60.07 KiB | Viewed 7185 times ]

I think that can be fixed by making the overheads of the Island a bit longer and thus also moving the pylon more outwards.

And I think you should try some different colors.... They blend in too much with the grey of the awnings at the moment.... Maybe use very dark-browns or other dark toned colors... Dunno, experiment a bit...

Quote:
To safe cluttering up this site to much with pics, maybe better if I put most of the pics on my other forum.

Unless SAC complains that we are using too much harddisk-space on the servers, I think it is ok to post pics. Switching between different forums will make comments more difficult to find (did I react here or did I already react over at the TT-forums?) I will try to only react here, to keep this thread as complete as possible (also for the future when this may be moved to a public section).

Quote:
Sydney Station

That building will be rather large, that is ok, but it will need to be designed in separate blocks.
The max length (and width) of an OpenTTD station-block, placed at once, is 7 tiles (so 7x7 is the largest a single part can be, when placed at once)
It is possible to place larger stations using drag&drop, but that is a bit more advanced then I can code and it will need a very smart design (as some pieces will be repeatedly used)... I am not going into that to find out how...
So keep that in mind when starting to design Sydney (or other buildings longer/wider than 7 tiles), make sure the various blocks are not larger then 7x7!!!

Also, I am not able to code complete blocks that are on different hightlevels (that is possible, but I cant do that and have no interest to learn that). Meaning you have to cut it up in a block that goes on the elevated part and a block that goes on groundlevel in front of the elevated block.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2017, 01:47 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
Yes it did work ;-)

Will change those codes and see what happens :)

Quote:
Your new overhead design

The Island Platform you show her is intentional .. it meant for those who just using 2 tracks. You will find another Island set that has the wires going across.

Today hope make a set for a single track similar to each side of the Island Platform you show here.

Quote:
Switching between different forums will make comments more difficult to find (did I react here or did I already react over at the TT-forums?) I will try to only react here, to keep this thread as complete as possible (also for the future when this may be moved to a public section).

Images that are important for you to see the results will always be posted here same as comments.

The Sydney Terminal Image I did was just a muck around see how it would look on a grand scale. It also ironed out a few problems as each time I started to make it would find something I missed.

The different length platforms helping me plan what I can add. On the other side of the long platform was 4 parcel Docks where they loaded mail and parcels ready for the mail train that night. I thinking I might make these as non track tiles and place dump lines and some vans. Have it just for show.

But what I should do is wait till just before I head to bed to leave my comments and images here :mrgreen: As I changes things often during the day.

Quote:
Sydney Station

Attachment:
Example299.png
Example299.png [ 415.84 KiB | Viewed 7185 times ]

I think this station be good if I make it in sections and have it so can use all pieces or just some of them. I miss counted how long the building is .. I think 14 tiles will be long enough.

I numbers parts of the image:

1. Probably be a 1x4 tile.
2. Including those 2 small towers be maybe 1x6 or 2 1x3s
3. Same as 1.
4. Be a 1x2
5. 1x3 if include clock tower .. others wise a 1x2
6. 1x1 if it not included with 5.
7 I noticed roofs of platforms on through stations, not just Sydney are like these. So like to go get a photo of the and maybe make some the same.
8. At end of some platforms are shunter cabins. Might be nice to put some of Island platforms.
9. The white building top right corner is the old parcels office. The other end of it was 4 dock platforms where parcel and mail vans where placed off the mail trains in morning for unloading and reloaded ready for mail trains that night.

So I think 1x4 and 1x5 be suitable for doing the buildings.

The concourse area which can not be seen from this angle it on other side of building between 4 and 5. It be about 2x10 but I think if make just a 2x2 and players can use and join them together to what ever length they want. It is a curved roof area and I think it same all the way along. So 1 2x2 should be suitable for all.

I'm hoping Parts 1 and 2 can be released within the next few days. Part 1 is full and Part 2 only has 3 IDs left. So might as well close them off.

Cheers pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2017, 04:06 
Expert
Expert

Been looking at stations using Google Earth. The stations that have the wire from one awning across to the other, only have 1 wire .. not 2 like I have. So will change all mine to 1 wire and see if can find a better colour so show out better. All the pics I seen these darker then the wires with power running through them. They look a very dark grey.
This pick shows the wires and also buffer stops. The buffers look as if the right up against the platform. I'll visit Sydney if all goes well next week and see for myself.
Attachment:
Sydney Buffers.png
Sydney Buffers.png [ 291.81 KiB | Viewed 7183 times ]

This pic shows the steel girder .. the same ones you circles in red in the photo.
Attachment:
Sydney-2.png
Sydney-2.png [ 253.7 KiB | Viewed 7183 times ]

Should I do both .. set with the wires and another set with the girders? Or just do the girders?

The City Tile Platforms going to resurface them as they look so close to the gravel platforms.
These 3 tiles.
Attachment:
Tile Platforms.png
Tile Platforms.png [ 5.43 KiB | Viewed 7183 times ]

One on left is what I first used. Middle one if from FIRS 1.4.3 and on right is one I intend to use. I just recoloured FIRS tile a bit.

I'll make these platform changes before I continue on with the Overheads.

Cheers pal.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2017, 12:38 
Player
Player

Quote:
Should I do both .. set with the wires and another set with the girders? Or just do the girders?

I would say, just the girders.
Quote:
One on left is what I first used. Middle one if from FIRS 1.4.3 and on right is one I intend to use.

I think that is indeed an improvement!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2017, 12:48 
Expert
Expert

You almost wee the bed .. your up early .. or maybe not been to bed :mrgreen:

I resurfaced the City Tile platforms with the new tiles, first go the darkest colour on the tile not look good, so I made that part a bit lighter. Looks a lot better now.

I attached all NFOs and GRF to all 3 parts so you can have a look at while I sleep .. well I be awake at least another 2 hours.

I changed the codes for those buffer tiles, and now some buffers have a some strange colour under one of the buffers. Most noticeably in the island sets.

I started a short time ago changing the wires colours .. here the first one see what you think .. wonder if these are going to be girders should I make them 2 tiles wide?

Attachments:
BackupJuly11.rar [898.32 KiB]
Downloaded 319 times
Electic overheads.png
Electic overheads.png [ 4.5 KiB | Viewed 7182 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2017, 14:05 
Player
Player

Quote:
You almost wee the bed .. your up early .. or maybe not been to bed

Its 2 P.M. over here ;-)

Quote:
I changed the codes for those buffer tiles, and now some buffers have a some strange colour under one of the buffers.

Not strange at all, you are referring to the wrong base-tile ;-)
Use the transparency thing and you will see a different graphic.
Here is what you missed changing:
Attachment:
Example304.png
Example304.png [ 55.04 KiB | Viewed 7181 times ]

Quote:
I started a short time ago changing the wires colours .. here the first one see what you think ..

Could you do an all-black version, just to see if dark colors will look better with the awnings?
Quote:
should I make them 2 tiles wide?

What do you mean by that?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2017, 14:20 
Expert
Expert

I never checked our time differences. it just after 10 pm here, Tuesday.

Quote:
Not strange at all, you are referring to the wrong base-tile ;-)

Yes it is strange when I not read what you type properly. I keep telling myself to read things several times to make sure I understand, but some times I no take notice of myself :) (When I was married my misses not take notice of me, so sometimes I shouldn't too :lol: )

Will change the codes se if I get it right this time .. :oops:

Quote:
Could you do an all-black version, just to see if dark colors will look better with the awnings?\

Ok .. wonder if black at ends to a dark grey in middle. Looking at those pics I sent those wires and girders are very dark. The poles that stick up above the awnings might look good a rusty metal colour.

I will do a few samples before I go to bed and send to you.

Quote:
What do you mean by that?

Fancy you not under stand my miss wording .. I meant 2 pixels :mrgreen: . The wire going across between platforms if make them girders should they be 2 pixels wide.

I go make a few changes and send copy shortly.

Cheers

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2017, 14:46 
Expert
Expert

Have a look at these. (I forgot to remove my guide squares. I sue different colour squares to help line up what I doing).
Attachment:
ELECTRICITY CROSS BEAMS.png
ELECTRICITY CROSS BEAMS.png [ 5.16 KiB | Viewed 7180 times ]

Top one 2 pixels wide steel beams.

Bottom can be either wires or steel beams.

I extended the beams to pixels beyond the posts to get idea if continuing to another platform.

:yawn: I got a early morning tomorrow .. shopping day .. I like to go early before the crowd gets there and checkouts not so busy. Should be home by midday. When I get home will try those codes again :roll:

Cheers pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2017, 15:57 
Player
Player

I think the top one is the one to go for, looks like a nice sturdy crossbeam!
I also think it may be ok to lower that 2 pixels, I think that may look a bit nicer.
Did a quick mock-up:
top one, yours
lower one, 2 pixels shorter/lower:
Attachment:
Example305.png
Example305.png [ 16.65 KiB | Viewed 7179 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2017, 17:07 
Player
Player

While you were sleeping..... ;-)

The rest of the non-track templates to complete the collection 8-) :
Attachment:
Example306.png
Example306.png [ 43.65 KiB | Viewed 7179 times ]

The things you need to change in them is the same as always:

- Paths/names to graphicsfiles
- Station-IDs
- Purchasemenu-ID
- The hight of the boundingboxes (to the appropriate hight of the highest structure in the tile)
- Name you want to give to the tile
- Name of Purchase Submenu (if you want them in a separate submenu)

Here we go:

4x1 Non-track:
Attachment:
4x1NonTrack_Sources.rar [10.7 KiB]
Downloaded 277 times

5x1 Non-track:
Attachment:
5x1NonTrack_Sources.rar [11.92 KiB]
Downloaded 300 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2017, 17:09 
Player
Player

6x1 Non-track:
Attachment:
6x1NonTrack_Sources.rar [12.79 KiB]
Downloaded 303 times

7x1 Non-track:
Attachment:
7x1NonTrack_Sources.rar [13.43 KiB]
Downloaded 312 times

Have fun!!! :twisted:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017, 00:03 
Expert
Expert

I am going to be busy when I get home from shopping :W

When I get home I do a test with the beams you like and if the Dutch Wires fit ok will go with that.

I will use the 4x1 and join all Cobar buildings .. that will give me 4 IDs then in Part 2. See what I can fill those with.

Cheers pay, and thank heaps.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017, 06:24 
Expert
Expert

Ok my friend,

How does these look?
Attachment:
Electrified Platforms3.png
Electrified Platforms3.png [ 47.69 KiB | Viewed 7176 times ]

I added a few extras to Island platforms so can get the result as shown in pic.

I changed the codes for the terminal awnings and work perfect now.

I've encloded the game file .. but it has a minor problem .. the purchase menu for the Island Platforms so of the girders have disappeared. But you be able to play around with them still.

I now working on Platforms with out awnings. They hope will look something like these.
Attachment:
Electrified Platforms4.png
Electrified Platforms4.png [ 5 KiB | Viewed 7176 times ]

When I get this platform set working properly will make some with the tile platforms.

I want do any gravel ones as by time electric trains was invented platforms where bitumen or concrete and later tiled.

Cheers pal

EDIT:

Just wondering now I got the Terminal Platforms with buffers working .. I could probably remove the buffer stops I had made before that have the concourse at the ends. Just keep the ones that do not have end terminals. What you think?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017, 12:37 
Expert
Expert

Hear is almost the finished product of the platforms with catenary.

Done some with out awnings. Just the multiple tracks for the island platforms to be done, might get them done Thursday, if not be Friday.
Hope to do a few more platforms with out awnings .. maybe just with the lights and maybe name boards. Players can still use the other platforms from Part 1 with these.
Attachment:
Electrified Platforms5.png
Electrified Platforms5.png [ 42.85 KiB | Viewed 7175 times ]

Ignore the beam that is a few pixels out far end of the Normal Platforms, I fixed that.

I wondering should I release Parts 1 and 2? Fixed all I could find and improved some graphics.

Cobar is now a 4x1 station. Still have 5 ID spare in Part 2. But might leave them vacant. Can fill them later in versions 2.

What I done so far in Part 3 has used 48 IDs.

Cheers pal

Attachments:
File comment: GRF and NFO files
BackupJuly12.rar [915.19 KiB]
Downloaded 328 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017, 13:47 
Player
Player

Quote:
I've encloded the game file .. but it has a minor problem .. the purchase menu for the Island Platforms so of the girders have disappeared. But you be able to play around with them still.

I think I found the problem, indeed a minor error, but with big consequences...

Do you place a name before each codeblock, before running it through NFOrenum, so it is clear to you what codeblock is for what? Something that looks like this:
Code:
//CityAwningsI
*followed by the actual codeblock*

If that is the case, then that went wrong at two places:
Attachment:
Example307.png
Example307.png [ 9.03 KiB | Viewed 7174 times ]

Attachment:
Example308.png
Example308.png [ 10.18 KiB | Viewed 7174 times ]

As you can see between code-line 481 - 482 and codeline 617 - 618 that name is still there.
As it is preceded by "//" it means that it will ignore everything after that on that line, so also the codeline that has to go before all of the graphics-paths!!!
This has consequences not only for that codeblock, but also for the previous one. (as that missing codeline is some kind of divider between code-blocks, the game now thinks both codeblocks are "connected" )
Delete what I highlighted in blue and run it through NFO-renum again and then compile again. The errors should be fixed then...

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 12 of 23   [ 452 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next