It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:56

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2012, 12:21 
Lurker
Lurker

Well, I've seen some really awesome screenshots around (notably Raichase's thread, in TTD forum) and I've gotten up the nerve to start my own thread.

Of course, it certainly won't be as good, but I think I can muster up a few decent screenshots. This set, from my current game using the DB trains, started in 1921.

FIrst is a shot of my "hub" station at Fenington circa 1930. An old BR38 (steam powered) can be seen bringing some passengers from Cuworth to the south. My second electric train, an E16 can also be seen here pulling out, making it's way to Great Printfield in the north.

This second shot is Cuworth Station, in 1931. Platform two heads in both directions right now, and it's working well (I've only got three BR38's running this line currently). Eventually, I'm certain the station will require a revamp.

This last one, is my first ET-87 pulling into Pluntbourne Bridge Station. Took me quite a while to figure out how to build it, and I'm actually using old wagons (that's why the different liveries). Pluntbourne Bridge is the first stop on the South West Line, seen heading west from platform one in the first shot. This is taken in May of 1932.

I usually play with no industries to start, so I need to focus on building a passenger network first, then incorporate other services as they become available. My current project (aside from extending the South West Line) is to link up a newly built sawmill and forest to the south. Projected time to finish? Probably around 1934. There's a few towns there that will need to be added, and I'm certain I'll be occupied providing services (and some rolling stock) to those upcoming lines. The goods will be sent to Cuworth, if I can manage the unloading station there.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2012, 01:03 

When city grows and pass. start flowing into Cuworth Station for sure you will need longer platforms. An extra tile seems easy and not very expensive to be added.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2012, 23:53 
Simuscape Admin

Very nice screens... :) Also, I moved your topic to the proper place... :W

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2012, 02:51 
Master Mentor

This looks interesting ... I will be following this. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2012, 06:37 
Lurker
Lurker

SAC wrote:
Very nice screens... :) Also, I moved your topic to the proper place... :W

Oh... ok sorry. I thought this was only for showcasing stuff _I_ made. = ) Thank you much.

-----------------

First we have a picture of the lumber yard, where they are preparing to load a BR38 with a second helper engine to haul wood to a recently built paper mill. I'm using BR38's since I had an extra one (from the original line) laying in storage, and I'd prefer to only purchase new (modern) engines when I absolutely need to. Aside from the cost of the wagons, this train only cost me $38K. That's pretty good, since that's about what it makes in one trip. = ) This one is from 1933.

They have some trouble with the weight on inclines, but even with more power, the current wagons available have a speed limit of 50 mph anyway, and these are cheap. Also in the picture, a new three car ET87 set, heading out to a newly constructed station servicing the far western section of the South West Line. More rolling stock will be purchased, but I was busy making sure the lumber trains worked.

Here, we have a photo of my 4th ever train, who's been sitting in storage for around five years. Notice the older, green paint job on the engine. I picked up a helper BR38 for this one, and it's hauling my first wood shipment to the paper mill. Here, the passengers on the E16 hauled local service passing by have something to look at, besides the rolling hillside and the outskirts of Invetbridge. This picture is from Aug 1934.

And finally, BR3804 and it's helper pull into the unloading yard, ready to have some of Cuworth Prison's minimum security offenders help with the offloading of the wood. Some of the parolees also work in the paper mill, processing the wood. Oct. 1934.

-----------------

EDIT:

Well, I needed to add some services to the Main Line, so I purchased another ET87. This one makes its first stop in Cuworth at the end of 1934. I plan on confiscating the current BR38's running the line to haul some paper from the mill to the printing company far to the south. First though, I need to lay the steel. The city has grown considerably in the last two years. I believe the paper mill had a hand in that.

ET87-02, with some older green passenger cars pulling into the North Line (current) terminus at Wadhead. This line, which is mostly single tracked has been largely ignored. There's not a whole lot going on out this way, but an Iron mine, a farm and a decent sized town are here, and with a steel mill, or a food processing plant, I can really turn a profit up here. Currently, the South West is of higher priority however.

I do think I'll double track this area though, just in case something develops. July 1935.

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]