It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:05

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 10   [ 188 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 02:23 
Simuscape Admin

Pug wrote:
I started playing the map a couple of times as well, but could never get the same amount of awesomeness in it that you had, even before you started making your own .grfs.

It's certainly not only a question of new graphics - although it surely helps :P - but it's first and foremost a question about patience... If you have it, then you can create wonders...

jor[D]1 wrote:
They are missing in most GRF's

Yes, but they'r coming in mine... ;)

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 17:42 
Lurker
Lurker

have to say the graphics sets are astounding, i have some queries though, i know some will be your own private work, i was interested by the railway tunnels you are using, some vehicle depots looks very interesting and also were those big shopping centres (IKEA and whatnot) industries??

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 19:52 
Simuscape Admin

Hitperson wrote:
i was interested by the railway tunnels you are using

Those railway tunnels aren't mine. They're released by the Czech TTDLX-community, at Tycoonez Com:munity. You can find the .grf HERE , although it's part of the greater CS Railroad Tracks v1.4. by Pnaky, Marek, MiJ, ufoun and minime. I believe I'm using a pre-release of that .grf, simply containing the actual railway tunnel, but not the rest. Not sure where to find it though.

Hitperson wrote:
...some vehicle depots looks very interesting

Those are mine and should be included in planned releases ahead... :)

Hitperson wrote:
...and also were those big shopping centres (IKEA and whatnot) industries??

Well, that's the general idea - although at the moment they're simply coded as NewObjects. But I'm looking into the possibility to add them as industries instead, as I believe they would be much more useful there. The same goes for the Mall of course, being a good candidate for the Agriculturual theme...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 20:11 
Lurker
Lurker

SAC wrote:
I believe I'm using a pre-release of that .grf, simply containing the actual railway tunnel, but not the rest. Not sure where to find it though.

Here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=379155#p379155

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 20:27 
Simuscape Admin

Oh good! I didn't know it was there at all. I grabbed mine over at Tycoonez Com:munity... Thanks! :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 22:01 
Lurker
Lurker

SAC wrote:
Hitperson wrote:
i was interested by the railway tunnels you are using

Those railway tunnels aren't mine. They're released by the Czech TTDLX-community, at Tycoonez Com:munity. You can find the .grf HERE , although it's part of the greater CS Railroad Tracks v1.4. by Pnaky, Marek, MiJ, ufoun and minime. I believe I'm using a pre-release of that .grf, simply containing the actual railway tunnel, but not the rest. Not sure where to find it though.

Hitperson wrote:
...some vehicle depots looks very interesting

Those are mine and should be included in planned releases ahead... :)

Hitperson wrote:
...and also were those big shopping centres (IKEA and whatnot) industries??

Well, that's the general idea - although at the moment they're simply coded as NewObjects. But I'm looking into the possibility to add them as industries instead, as I believe they would be much more useful there. The same goes for the Mall of course, being a good candidate for the Agriculturual theme...

well thats cool, i was hesitant to ask in case some things were your own work.

i think in FIRS there are industries like "furniture factories" which could work with places like Ikea, supermarkets could just take multiple cargos.

PaulC wrote:
SAC wrote:
I believe I'm using a pre-release of that .grf, simply containing the actual railway tunnel, but not the rest. Not sure where to find it though.

Here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=379155#p379155

Thanks, you are a legend.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 23:58 
Browser
Browser

Yeah city industrys wuld be awesome, what industry set you using in this map? just default. i tell you what this Grf set you are making will give simcity4 a run for its money they are amazing.

the converted 3d object are stunning. im thinking of adding some screenshots of my current game on a UK and France map. its going well but nothing compared to yours.

i also like to make maps or get someones that i like and add all the roads and make room for all the rail and stations.

question: how do you get the money to place all the land reserve sign you use to stop the town building on it.

i cant wait for your Airports and the bridges you us for motorway junctions and slip roads. i like how you sorted out the way they are placed, are they just placed on to the side walls of the motorway instead of the way the original bridges use the slope wich takes loads of room.

what aircraft grf's and road sets are you using on this map?

sorry about spelling dyslexia is a bitch :|

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 00:18 
Simuscape Admin

boohey wrote:
sorry about spelling dyslexia is a bitch

I have family members with this problem as well, and I'd say the same to you as I usually say to them; Don't ever apologize for something that is completely out of your control. Should anyone ask about your spelling, than you can simply tell them you have dyslexia. And that's it! I don't enter telling people that I don't have dyslexia, and so why should you?

Besides I've seen people not having dyslexia at all, spelling like they invented an alphabet of their own... :lol:

Anyway...

boohey wrote:
...what industry set you using in this map?

I'm using George's ECS-set, can be found HERE.

boohey wrote:
...the converted 3d object are stunning. im thinking of adding some screenshots of my current game on a UK and France map. its going well but nothing compared to yours.

Go ahead! There's plenty of room in here, and don't compare with whatever I have posted. It's all in the eye of the beholder! :)

boohey wrote:
...question: how do you get the money to place all the land reserve sign you use to stop the town building on it.

Money is the least of my problems really. I have a very sufficient system of local buses in almost all my cities, in Olympia even a trunk bus system, and besides earning me plenty of money I'm almost always able to bring out the bulldozers whenerver I feel an urge to shuffle things around. And do believe me, I shuffle a lot... :mrgreen:

boohey wrote:
i cant wait for your Airports and the bridges you us for motorway junctions and slip roads. i like how you sorted out the way they are placed, are they just placed on to the side walls of the motorway instead of the way the original bridges use the slope wich takes loads of room.

I'm actually playing TTDP only at this stage, and that means we have access to CBH, Custom Bridgeheads, which allows for better placement options... And you can most certainly say that this is one of the main reasons as to why I haven't moved on to OTTD yet... ;)

boohey wrote:
what aircraft grf's and road sets are you using on this map?

I'm using the AV8-set, but as with soo many other .grf's I'm using I have a habit of "adjusting" most of them when using them in my own game... :oops: As for the road set, it's my own custom graphics. Part of my INFRA Structure set, to be released in a not to far away future - I hope... :P But I'm sure others will chop in here telling you something else... :lol:

Anyway, I hope that answers your questions... :W

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 01:53 
Browser
Browser

Quote:
I'm using George's ECS-set, can be found HERE.

ive tried but i just cant get it to earn me money. i still use the default ones, i may have to invest time i working out how to us ECS.

Do you use timetables on you games? or is that not in TTDP (that the patched version?)

Quote:
Money is the least of my problems really. I have a very sufficient system of local buses in almost all my cities, in Olympia even a trunk bus system, and besides earning me plenty of money I'm almost always able to bring out the bulldozers whenerver I feel an urge to shuffle things around. And do believe me, I shuffle a lot...

Its just when i start a game i start making out the areas to stop the town eating it up but if i miss something and the town spreads i can delete so many buildings and the town refuses me from deleting anymore buildings. which is a pain!

Quote:
have family members with this problem as well, and I'd say the same to you as I usually say to them; Don't ever apologize for something that is completely out of your control. Should anyone ask about your spelling, than you can simply tell them you have dyslexia. And that's it! I don't enter telling people that I don't have dyslexia, and so why should you?

Besides I've seen people not having dyslexia at all, spelling like they invented an alphabet of their own...

yeah sorry about that its just in other forum i get the grammer nazi's as they call themselves have a right go at my posts not saying the forum's name lol but with me writing so much i cant really see any misstakes to correct due to the words all blurring together its hard to explain lol but thats what it seems lol. im sure im on a good forum now anyway :)

as for your INFRA Structure set ive got an early one with electric pylons and foundations but im not using it at the moment because its replacing all the lighthouses across the uk map im using which is a shame.

how long does a single building take you to draw up? looks like days of work in one building?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 07:13 
Master Mentor

boohey wrote:
as for your INFRA Structure set ive got an early one with electric pylons and foundations but im not using it at the moment because its replacing all the lighthouses across the uk map im using which is a shame.
Try the one from this link. It is what you are looking for. It is a newobject and the lighthouse is protected. You might also want to try the one over here. It allows you to build those lighthouses while in a game.

/me makes a note to SAC to remind her to move these over to Simuscape.
/me makes a note to remind myself to move mine over to Simuscape as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 10:38 
Simuscape Admin

boohey wrote:
Do you use timetables on you games? or is that not in TTDP (that the patched version?)

It's an OTTD-thing I'm afraid. I use TTDP myself so I don't have access to time tables. Not even sure I would use it, had I access to it really...

Quote:
...the words all blurring together its hard to explain lol but thats what it seems lol. im sure im on a good forum now anyway :)

That's usually those struggling with dyslexia has to face all the time. But this is a TTDLX fansite, not the World Dictionary Offices... :P

Quote:

See Wally's post above. I have simply forgotten to upload it here. Will do it today!

Quote:
how long does a single building take you to draw up? looks like days of work in one building?

It really depends. Some days I can draw a large number of buildings, and depending on how complex they are, it might take severeal days. But I also have a very huge scrapbook filled with material, built up during the years I've been drawing... :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 13:24 
Browser
Browser

i replied with my personal feeling about it, it simply comes down to stop the drama from both ends and both focus on your own work. Its the internet: everyone is free to chose their own hosting for their works, and if an artist prefers to create his own forums/website/whatever to host his own works, with whatever restrictions then that is their deal, and not worth flaming or causing drama over. we do our stuff, they do their stuff, and this time-consuming flaming and drama is not worth it.

my $0,02

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 13:27 
Simuscape Admin

Is this posted in the right topic? :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 15:28 
Browser
Browser

Haha that post is a bit random lol

This scrapbook that you have will this ever become available if i can prove to you and myself that i can draw grf's?

because i think the many problem with Grf is that they arent all build fromthe same textures and most do look odd if you have a station Grf by someone else and a Object grf by another?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 15:50 
Browser
Browser

SAC wrote:

nope, im having a bad day today, but it can stay here, for epic lolz times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 15:57 
Browser
Browser

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:
SAC wrote:

nope, im having a bad day today, but it can stay here, for epic lolz times

haha :mrgreen: put a smile on my face anyway

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 02:05 
Browser
Browser

just looking back through your screenshots for inspiration for a map im making, having trouble making nice cities.

but i wanted to ask how do you get snow on a temperate map? i can find patches on forums for it but i dont know how to add them onto ottd its all in biniary :sorry: is the snow line standard on TTDP?

Attachment:
Usean.png
Usean.png [ 302.94 KiB | Viewed 14049 times ]

heres a peek at my heightmap ill start a topic for it when its done. lll write abit of historical details of its past to explain the landscapes features.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 11:09 
Simuscape Admin

In my game I use a snowline,grf to set the height - although I have replaced the snow with cliffs instead to give my games heights a rocky feeling. But I looked through GRF Crawler and found THIS

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 16:13 
Browser
Browser

SAC wrote:
In my game I use a snowline,grf to set the height - although I have replaced the snow with cliffs instead to give my games heights a rocky feeling. But I looked through GRF Crawler and found THIS

these cliffs made by you?

ill try this snow mod i think i tried this before and it was disabled in the GRF menu

nah dont work only works in artic climate. :( is your map in a temperate climate or artic?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 21:15 
Simuscape Admin

boohey wrote:
SAC wrote:

these cliffs made by you?

ill try this snow mod i think i tried this before and it was disabled in the GRF menu

nah dont work only works in artic climate. :( is your map in a temperate climate or artic?

Yes, my cliffs! :) And my map is temperate...

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 10   [ 188 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next