It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:59

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 9 of 10   [ 188 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2013, 20:46 
Simuscape Admin

All graphics in those screens are mine - with some exceptions - but if you haven't seen them before, they're most likely mine...

The IKEA stora hasn't been released yet... but most of the stuff is on its way to be released, so just hang in there... :P

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2013, 15:05 
Lurker
Lurker

One of things I'm most looking forward to is the ability to form a road junction with the end of a bridge!

Unless I've missed a TBRS update... :shock:
The next big thing now for bridges would be to go diagonal, haha

Great screenshots, love what you've done with everything! :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2014, 02:49 
Lurker
Lurker

Best screenshots I have seen in a while! INFRA certainly challenges the 32 bpp developments. Since your team seems a bit busy coding, or looking for coders, I do wish I could help. My coding abilities are much limited :cry: I am only helpful with drawing and fixing graphics, so if you need help there I am always alive :W

Like to see more screenshots soon!

-Hansel

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2014, 00:55 
Simuscape Admin

Well, been having an usually busy summer as far as work regards compared to a normal summer, and so the time to spend on TTDLX hasn't been there at all... Still, my work on the INFRA Trains comtinues and is in fact getting closer to the coding process... :)

Anyway, loaded up my TTDP-game to check for some things and before I knew it I found myself playing the game once again. And it's a good thing to stay away for awhile as it adds some new perspective to things... As mentioned before there aren't many towns on the map, only 5 of them to be honest, but two of them are rather huge, leaving little room for some country side scenery... So, I simply decided to enforce some changes in order to ackomplish just that... And it's fun... really fun...

Attachment:
INFRAY549.png
INFRAY549.png [ 167.6 KiB | Viewed 17603 times ]

Attachment:
INFRAY550.png
INFRAY550.png [ 163.85 KiB | Viewed 17603 times ]

The position of roads and railways is essential to avoid a clutter which in a way destroys a realistic country side, and that led me to the centralstation areas in both Göteborg and Stockholm... Both of them have been slightly changed as shown in the images above...

I'm also keeping myself busy addressing the town borders which includes removing housing areas with only a few houses and instead allow for highways to create natural town borders;

Attachment:
INFRAY551.png
INFRAY551.png [ 143.95 KiB | Viewed 17603 times ]

Oh, and as usual some new items have found their way into the game... :twisted:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2014, 11:12 
Simuscape Admin

The time consuming work on improving the city of Goteborg continues, and the western part is almost done with the primary task to create a more appealing landscape;
Attachment:
INFRAY552.png
INFRAY552.png [ 551.68 KiB | Viewed 17588 times ]

Central Goteborg where more skyscrapers will be built eventuelly;
Attachment:
INFRAY553.png
INFRAY553.png [ 518.88 KiB | Viewed 17588 times ]

And yet some more improvements to the central station. Personally I prefer to hide as much as possible of railroads within towns with the main purpose to design realistic cities;
Attachment:
INFRAY554.png
INFRAY554.png [ 561.05 KiB | Viewed 17588 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2014, 13:10 
Simuscape Admin

Stunning scenery :)

Simuscape
Site Admin & Developer

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2014, 06:39 

SAC wrote:
realistic cities
And nobody around to flame us for using that word. ;)

-
Lovely scenery indeed!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2014, 18:03 
Simuscape Admin

Thanks... :)

Here are some images from a town that up til now has been named Helsingborg, located close to the town of Malmö. I decided to switch the names for some specific reasons and this one is now called Malmö - and at the same time undergoing some re-modelling;

Attachment:
INFRAY555.png
INFRAY555.png [ 188.92 KiB | Viewed 17570 times ]

The downtown area with the sligthly moved Centralstation with the purpose to allow for the high speed train X2000 to have a stop, (during the Helsingborg days it only passed through on tracks located a bit further south of the downtown area)...

Attachment:
INFRAY556.png
INFRAY556.png [ 177.62 KiB | Viewed 17570 times ]

The northwest part with the shopping center Mobilia on the heights... (although the real Malmö is completely and utterly flat)... :P

Attachment:
INFRAY557.png
INFRAY557.png [ 123.49 KiB | Viewed 17570 times ]

The northeast part with the housing area Rosengård...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2014, 01:41 

Those citizens need to add some color to their life! :P
-
BTW, what is the store left of IKEA? Never seen that in RL.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2014, 09:15 
Simuscape Admin

Nope, that one is actually fictional... :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2014, 02:32 

What about something real (my son wants to go there at least once a week :help: ):

or this which is in RL next to IKEA?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2014, 08:27 
Simuscape Admin

Knowing SAC I'd say she will have something ready in a couple of hours ;)

Simuscape
Site Admin & Developer

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2014, 05:40 

Let's see! ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2014, 10:05 
Simuscape Admin

If only I had the time... I need to complete some trains first... :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2014, 03:50 

Ah yes, those trains. Time is our enemy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2014, 13:03 
Lurker
Lurker

I was able to download several grf's from this list, but still I miss those grf's:

newgrf/STEELCO.GRF
newgrf/OPENTTD_199.GRF
newgrf/TUNEL_164.GRF
Y2DMUW.GRF
snowline_155.grf
newgrf/NO-SPIRE.GRF
newgrf/KADEL BUW.GRF
SILENTNEWS_150.GRF
NEWSTATIONS_ALL(W).GRF
REDSTARDOCKS.GRF
NHDEPW.GRF
B11_TBRSCLONE.GRF
newgrf/INFRASTAT_132.GRF
newgrf/BLANKTILES1W.GRF
newgrf/BLANKTILES2W.GRF
newgrf/BLANKTILES3W.GRF
SAC_STREETS1X1_P1.GRF
newgrf/SAC_PARKS1X1_P1.GRF
newgrf/SAC_PARKS1X1_P2.GRF
newgrf/SAC_PARKS1X1_P3.GRF
newgrf/SAC_ITEMS1X1_P1.GRF
newgrf/SAC_MIXED1X1_P1.GRF
newgrf/SACS_TERRAIN_1X1_PAGE1.GRF
newgrf/SAC_EC1X1A_STREETSW.GRF
newgrf/EC1X1CW.GRF
newgrf/EC1X2W.GRF
newgrf/EC1X3W.GRF
newgrf/EC2X2AW.GRF
newgrf/EC2X2BW.GRF
newgrf/EC2X2CW.GRF
newgrf/EC2X2DW.GRF
newgrf/EC2X3W.GRF
newgrf/EC2X4W.GRF
newgrf/EC3X3W.GRF
newgrf/EC4X4W.GRF
newgrf/EC5X5W.GRF
newgrf/EC6X6W.GRF

if anyone knows where I can find them and how to call the original ?
Please Help!!! :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2014, 21:39 
Simuscape Admin

Most .grf's are easy to find using our Wikiscape inside the Simucademy. Use this direct link to the File Library Listings!

As for the INFRASTAT, BLANK TILES, SAC and EC .grf's, all of those are test .grf's for WIP and as such not released. INFRA.grf's released can be found inside our Downloads Library! :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2015, 21:03 
Simuscape Admin

Well oh well oh well... doing some bulldozing and some kind of layout on the announced Scandinova map when I realized my current map of Innovatia is way too fun to be abandoned... And so... I've scrapped Scandinova for the time being and have gone back to my Innovatia map for some inspiration and motivation as far as drawing concerns... :P

So, what are my current strategies regarding Innovatia? First and foremost, create more undeveloped land in between the cities, and for this task I have decided to make the Malmö-Helsingborg region in the west a little bit smaller simply by deleting Helsingborg. This leaves a total of four cities left on the map:

¤ Stockholm (North)
¤ Göteborg (Gothenburg, South)
¤ Malmö (West)
¤ Uppsala (East)

Both Stockholm and Göteborg are quite large cities - especially measured in tile size, but with Malmö and Uppsala being a lot smaller I figure that will make up for some countrysides. Another goal to accomplish all this is to change the layout of both freight tracks and passenger tracks, something that I hope will make the overall layout a bit easier to comprehend. As it is at the moment I have to carefully study my cities to figure out where all the tracks are and where they are going as we're talking a huge amount of bridges and tunnels amongst all the ordinary city stuff such as roads, buildings, parks and what not... If you had a chance to study the map more closely you'd totally understand what I'm talking about... :P

Initially I intend to decrease the number of industrial areas and try to focus on a few main tracks for freight services which at the same time should mean less trains in service. I'll also have a look at the passenger service and try to develop a more straight forward approach with an improved track layout. With one city less this should be an easy task...

Due to the sizes of both Stockholm and Göteborg there are a rather complex system of roads and highways within these cities alone. Another task will be to develop a more effecient highway system connecting all four cities, leading to less way points which I'm sure will improve the overall flow...

All in all I also hope to be able to make better use of spaces within each city and allow for some expansion without necessarily extend any tile sizes further... time will tell... :P

I've attached some large screens of the current situation as far as all the "five" cities concerns, and I'll update these larger screens as I progress further with my plans, giving you a chance to compare all the changes... Please note that all screens are rather large, all posted according to city size, that is, Stockholm first followed by Göteborg, Malmö-Helsingborg and at the end Uppsala;

Attachment:
InnovatiaS.png
InnovatiaS.png [ 1.96 MiB | Viewed 17217 times ]

Attachment:
InnovatiaG.png
InnovatiaG.png [ 1.65 MiB | Viewed 17217 times ]

Attachment:
InnovatiaM.png
InnovatiaM.png [ 1.31 MiB | Viewed 17217 times ]

Attachment:
InnovatiaU.png
InnovatiaU.png [ 861.18 KiB | Viewed 17217 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2015, 20:31 
Simuscape Admin

Been awhile but contrary to what's shown in this thread or in any of my graphics threads around this place, I've been busy every day since christmas updating and refreshing my .grf's - something which has been a lot more productive since I've learned a little more about how to interprete and make use of at least some NFO-codes... :P

And yes, the map above in my previous post have changed rather a lot... There are for instance only four cities left, but due to their sizes it's enough to also allow for some country side to go along with it... And newly drawn trains - and a couple of passenger coaches and freight wagons - are running on the tracks, along with loads of new graphics in the shape of stations, eye candy, buildings and the sort... And I'm working on more as we speak as I've also added and expanded some of my .grf's...

Screens will come soon... :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2015, 14:30 
Simuscape Admin

Well, been a while since I posted screenshots from Innovatia, and I have been quite busy lately remodelling not only part of the cities, but also some new graphics... :)

And there are some changes, the most important one that Innovatia now is all about four cities as the fifth one was destroyed to make room for a growing Malmö in the west, allowing for me to better plan the overall layout of that city. And while I may have only four cities in Innovatia, I can tell that all four of them have their own distinctive personality, and none of them look remotely the same in any imaginable way... Just as it should be... :)

Attachment:
INFRAY565.png
INFRAY565.png [ 1.17 MiB | Viewed 16199 times ]

Another important change is that I've decided to close down the two Green Cargo facilities in Stockholm and Göteborg due to some logistic issues. Instead I've built a new one south of Malmö on the same spot where the fifth city, Helsingborg, was located. This new Green Cargo Center serves the entire nation and handles all incoming goods, food, petrol and valuables using specific terminals within the facility. All goods, food, petrol and valuables from industries nationwide are transported to Green Cargo Center by trains, but the deliveries to the consumers in Stockholm, Göteborg, Malmö and Uppsala is done by trucks, using the perfect location with two main highways in the area.

Attachment:
INFRAY558.png
INFRAY558.png [ 1.21 MiB | Viewed 16199 times ]

The city of Malmö has expanded and I've taken advantage of the land available with the destruction of Helsingborg., but there are still some work to be done until I'm satisfied...

Attachment:
INFRAY559.png
INFRAY559.png [ 1.21 MiB | Viewed 16199 times ]

Those of you have followed the progress should be well aware that two of the cities in Innovatia are quite large, especially as far as tile sizes concerns. While contributing to the overall realistic feel, it also produces some problems to deal with, mainly transportations... In Göteborg I had difficulties finding a working transportation solution for the passengers, and it's not as easy to set up a bus route from one end of the city to the other and allocate a couple of buses to serve it. First of, the distance is a problem, and secondly it requires loads of buses just for a single route, buses that eventually gets sort of glued to each other which isn't that great - and also increases the time for a busstop to be served.

So how to solve this? Well, there are two commuter lines running in Göteborg, and I simply decided to install a system with mini terminals in four different places, connecting a number of local buses with the communter trains as a base. This way I can reduce the number of buses needed but still maintain a high accessibility as far as surrounding busstops concerns, and many of the routes uses the same busstops during part of their individual routes... And on top of that I have some express routes connecting the four local mini terminals with each others and the downtown area... And it works brilliant... Below are some screens from some of these mini terminals, one in Bergsjön in the southwest corner of Göteborg and the other one in Frölunda Torg in the southeast corner...

Attachment:
INFRAY560.png
INFRAY560.png [ 1.21 MiB | Viewed 16199 times ]

Attachment:
INFRAY561.png
INFRAY561.png [ 1.22 MiB | Viewed 16199 times ]

And a screen showing part of Göteborg downtown area...

Attachment:
INFRAY562.png
INFRAY562.png [ 1.2 MiB | Viewed 16199 times ]

Uppsala is the forth largest city in Innovatia, and I'm currently remodelling it, showing some of the work so far;

Attachment:
INFRAY563.png
INFRAY563.png [ 1.27 MiB | Viewed 16199 times ]

My biggest project is - as always - Stockholm, the nations capital... One of the ongoing projects is to bring the water back to the inner city which is a tricky one considering the size of the town and the complicated infrastructure everywhere... But here's an attempt though - although not completed;

Attachment:
INFRAY564.png
INFRAY564.png [ 1.14 MiB | Viewed 16199 times ]

And finally some aerial screens of parts of Göteborg and Stockholm... Enjoy... :)

Attachment:
INFRAY566.png
INFRAY566.png [ 1.32 MiB | Viewed 16199 times ]

Attachment:
INFRAY567.png
INFRAY567.png [ 1.22 MiB | Viewed 16199 times ]

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 9 of 10   [ 188 posts ]