It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:00

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 23   [ 452 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: GarryG Does Stations
PostPosted: 16 May 2017, 00:27 
Expert
Expert

Just about ready to go travelling .. to reach my destination today need to get 2 buses and 2 trains.

But just thought the heights .. the country platforms are only 2 pixels high .. should I changed the 03 to 02?

Catch ya later

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 May 2017, 11:13 
Expert
Expert

Wont get any repair work done today .. Just got home from my train travels.

I make enough booboos with my graphics works when I not tied .. so will only make bigger ones when tied. :yawn: Cheers

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 May 2017, 12:30 
Player
Player

Quote:
I never thought of testing with overhead wires. And same with the normal platforms never thought to test more then 1 line wide.

No problem, was waiting for this to give you the extra information about boundingboxes.
Could have done this with the other information, but then it could all be too much at once ;-)

Quote:
the country platforms are only 2 pixels high .. should I changed the 03 to 02?

Not really necessary, that one pixel less or more wont make a big difference. Its more important for really high structures like the watertowers.

Quote:
Wont get any repair work done today

No rush, take your time.

Quote:
Cheers

You're welcome buddy! :W

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 May 2017, 13:56 
Expert
Expert

Forgot to mention to you .. I tried to use Ctrl + d to bring up the bounding boxes .. but no go. They no show.

Woops ctrl + b I ment

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 May 2017, 14:38 
Player
Player

Did you keep CTRL pressed while you then also press b?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 May 2017, 23:39 
Expert
Expert

yep.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 May 2017, 10:43 
Expert
Expert

All patched and seems to be working properly.

I tested with overheads and they was ok and tested with a train and train travelled behind the water tanks.
Attachment:
Country Stations Revised.png
Country Stations Revised.png [ 22.98 KiB | Viewed 10441 times ]

Here's updated files.

Attachments:
File comment: NewGRF, Readme, Licence and ChangeLog
Auzstations.rar [15.5 KiB]
Downloaded 333 times
File comment: All files.
AuzstationsSourceFiles.rar [656 KiB]
Downloaded 320 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 May 2017, 11:57 
Player
Player

Ill take a look when I have more time.

Regarding the boundingboxes:

You may probably need to change a setting in the openttd.cfg configuration file.

- Close any running Openttd games!!
- Find the openttd.cfg file (this doesnt have to be inside the same folder as openttd.exe, it probably may be somewhere in the My Documents folder and then somewhere in an Openttd folder)
- Open it with notepad, or something similar
- Scroll down to the menu [gui]
- Look for newgrf_developer_tools
- Check if that setting is set to "true"
- If not, change it to "true"
- Save the file
- Open up Openttd and check if you now get boundingboxes when pressing CTRL+b

A screenshot of how that file looks like:
Attachment:
Example255.png
Example255.png [ 53.27 KiB | Viewed 10440 times ]

Let me know if this works ;-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 May 2017, 12:34 
Expert
Expert

That works .. it was set to false.

Looking at some of your settings in that file:
scenario_developer = true
newgrf_show_old_versions = true

Mine both show true but yours show false.

I wonder if these changed when McZapkie teaching me how to use the scenario import tools and make changes in scenarios? That was a few years ago.

No matter if no get time to show me more for a few days or so .. as I having fun experimenting with what you have shown me so far.

I'll finish making what platforms I want and then get you to show me more.

Idea of short station ramps is when passenger trains where loco hauled often when they stopped at platforms the engine would stop just off the platform unless platforms where much longer then the trains.

That the idea of the 1/2 platform on/off ramps so engine will stop just off the ramps when told stop far end.

I made the water tanks a separate tile for that purpose too but now also have a carriage off the end of the platform.

So I be trying to get ideas what way I go about these and add other platform ideas.

Cheers pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 May 2017, 13:03 
Player
Player

Quote:
That works

Good! :bowing:

Quote:
Mine both show true but yours show false.

I wonder if these changed when McZapkie teaching me how to use the scenario import tools and make changes in scenarios? That was a few years ago.

Could be, I dont do much with scenario development, so thats probably why my settings are not changed.

Quote:
No matter if no get time to show me more for a few days or so .. as I having fun experimenting with what you have shown me so far.

This will indeed keep you busy enough for the time being ;-)

Just let me know when you want to do new things, like non-track tiles/buildings.
Or things like waypoints, so stuff where trains wont stop (I use those for custom signs/signals).
I am also able to code stationtiles that change appearance when a train passes it (or reserves a track to that tile), like railroad crossings with signals or open/closed barriers. Roadvehicles cant use those, but they can look better than a normal roadcrossing.
I am not able to code animated stationtiles, that is where my knowledge ends :oops:

I am experimenting though with stationtiles that show cargo waiting. I got it working for singlesided and islandplatforms. But not yet for the "normal" openttd stationtiles and non-track tiles. Will let you know if I get those working, as those may be interesting for a stationset like yours....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 May 2017, 13:17 
Expert
Expert

Quast65 wrote:
Just let me know when you want to do new things, like non-track tiles/buildings.

That most likely be next as like to bring the Station Buildings and Goods Sheds from the AuzObject_Rails over to the station et. And also like to add some those large water towers as well.

Some things like to add is some footbridges, like to also make a girder crane that that goes over railway line and maybe a road, or at least have the road part a dummy road with one of your trucks waiting to load/unload.

Can you date them to be available/unavailable at certain time as be nice in the 1800s and early 1900s that under the girder crane be a horse drawn cart and later changes to a truck.

Doing Waypoints will be good too for all those signal boxes I done as objects.

Not sure if want animation ..

I will have a good excuse to do more platforms on Friday and weekend as forecast lots of rain .. so good excuse to be in doors.

Cheers

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 May 2017, 14:45 
Player
Player

Plenty of ideas hey! :mrgreen:

Quote:
Can you date them to be available/unavailable at certain time as be nice in the 1800s and early 1900s that under the girder crane be a horse drawn cart and later changes to a truck.

No, I code my stations to always be available. In that case make 2 versions, a modern and old one and let the player choose.
Quote:
Not sure if want animation ..

Good, because I cant code animations (like cranes moving over trains when (un)loading) :twisted:
Quote:
I will have a good excuse to do more platforms on Friday and weekend as forecast lots of rain .. so good excuse to be in doors.

I will be very busy with work again for the coming time, but will see if I can get you started on some simple things like waypoints and singletile non-track tiles.

Footbridges you should already be able to experiment with.
As you possibly already have seen, is that stationtiles are built up from 2 parts. A part in front of a track and a part after a track.
In the transparent blue boxes you can see that you have room next to a platform (either going left or right, depending on the part in front or back of a track). Over that space you can draw a footbridge (or roof, or whatever). Make sure that it has at least 8 pixels ground clearance (so trains wont hit it ;-) ) and that both parts (front and back) line up nicely.
It is best that the part of the bridge that actually goes over the track is drawn in the front-of-track part. That way trains and catenary will be obstructed from sight. Stuff like stairs going down at the far end should then be drawn in the back-of-track part (as those should be obstructed from sight when a train passes).
Also make sure that you give it a correct hightvalue in the boundingbox section of the code, otherwise you get glitches with powerlines!
There may be a problem when you choose to draw the overpass at the end (or beginning) of a tile with the catenarypylons. Sometimes they might poke through.
If that is the case, you can change a value in the first codeline after all of the graphicspath lines (the codeline that also has the purchase submenu ID). Its the value after "11" in that line, change "FF" to "00" (so, zero zero, not capital-o capital-o ;-) ) This will obstruct catenarypylons to be placed on that tile.
So for example, change this:
78 * 192 00 04 07 01 03 08 "AS02" 0B 02 0C FD 0D FE 11 FF 14 00 09 06
to this:
78 * 192 00 04 07 01 03 08 "AS02" 0B 02 0C FD 0D FE 11 00 14 00 09 06
This is also handy to know if you have other stuff drawn that can conflict with catenarypylons (like shacks/buildings on the platforms) or things where you dont want to see pylons (like roofs over tracks).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 May 2017, 15:12 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
Plenty of ideas hey!

Its addictive .. some times making things for the game more fun then playing.

What you told me about doing the bridges and what I learnt so far will keep me busy till after the weekend if not a bit longer.

Hope to work on the non-track tiles maybe after the weekend when finish platform and foot bridge building. One of the stations I work at had its booking office and parcels office upstairs with exit onto a road bridge .. love to make that eventually.

It my bed time so I head off to dream world.

Catch up with you later on when you caught up on work .. good that your helping me, but look after your private life first.

Cheers pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 May 2017, 09:11 
Expert
Expert

My latest masterpiece.

Loading Banks and Wool Dumps.

Attachments:
File comment: All da files
AuzstationsSourceincludedLoadingandWool.rar [959.92 KiB]
Downloaded 322 times
File comment: The newgrf file
auzstations_1_v001.grf [639.55 KiB]
Downloaded 315 times
LoadingBank and WoolDump.png
LoadingBank and WoolDump.png [ 35.55 KiB | Viewed 10434 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 May 2017, 05:30 
Expert
Expert

Been fiddling around with the Purchase Menu.
Attachment:
New Purchase Menu.png
New Purchase Menu.png [ 8.8 KiB | Viewed 10432 times ]

Now have separate section for Freight Platforms and for Infrastructure.

Made some changes to Country Platforms and added lamp posts, seats and extended the on and off ramps and put the station sign on these.
Attachment:
Country Platforms additions.png
Country Platforms additions.png [ 32.46 KiB | Viewed 10432 times ]

Removed the Water Tanks from Normal Platforms as can use the single platforms tanks if want.

Also added some water columns. When you have a steam loco hauling your train send it to the far end of station and it will stop at the water tanks or columns.

Changed the IDs on some of the platforms and water tanks so possible this issue of the newgrf might muck up any saved games using previous issue.

Attachments:
Auzstations.rar [97.25 KiB]
Downloaded 317 times
AuzstationsSourceFilesMay19.rar [851.49 KiB]
Downloaded 357 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 May 2017, 10:16 
Expert
Expert

More Country Platforms.

The Normal Platforms look odd with out the fence and look odd with the fence so not sure what do about that.

Attachments:
Country Platforms New.png
Country Platforms New.png [ 38.8 KiB | Viewed 10431 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 May 2017, 11:43 
Expert
Expert

Does any one have access to this forum? Or should I start a separate forum for the stations so all members and visitors have access?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 May 2017, 15:08 
Expert
Expert

Hi pal,

Thanks for the reminder in TTD forum about normal platforms .. I read those instructions before about the extra graphics for normal platforms but never sank in .. works good now.

I was going to wait till morning to try, but curiosity got the better of me so had to give it a try.

Been looking at some of the old photos of stations on internet .at
http://www.nswrail.net/photos/historic.php
Some of the country gravel platforms had a hedge or a bit of a garden along the back edge .. so I might plant some seedlings on the gravel platforms and see what I can get to grow.

Cheers pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 May 2017, 15:49 
Player
Player

Quote:
Does any one have access to this forum?

No, the access is limited. That is a good thing for the time being as I have some more things to explain to you and then they dont sink away among comments from others not related to explaining the code. After all this is done I do hope that it is possible for admins to move this thread into a public part of the forum, as others may benefit from all of this.

You can indeed always open up a public release thread (like you did over at the TTD-forums), however that would mean that I will have to check 3 threads to see if you have any questions and that way information may get too scattered. I would advise to keep it to the 2 threads there are right now. A lot of people that check out Simuscape are also active over at the TTD-forums, so they will be able to reach the releases anyway for now.

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder in TTD forum about normal platforms .. I read those instructions before about the extra graphics for normal platforms but never sank in .. works good now.

Cool! :W
Quote:
Some of the country gravel platforms had a hedge or a bit of a garden along the back edge .. so I might plant some seedlings on the gravel platforms and see what I can get to grow.

Thats all up to you ;-)
However space on a platform is limited, also are you going to make separate versions for all the different platforms you have (so, empty platform and hedge, platform with sign and hedge, platform with benches and hedge, etc etc)? I had the same dilemma with the Dutch Station Set. I choose to make some non-track tiles with hedges (and fences I think) that you can place next to the platforms. That way you only have to make a couple of non-track tiles, rather than making versions of all your various platforms with hedges.

Give me a couple of days, then I have some more free time from work to explain simple non-track tiles (and also waypoints). Probably sunday or monday.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 May 2017, 00:22 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
You can indeed always open up a public release thread (like you did over at the TTD-forums), however that would mean that I will have to check 3 threads to see if you have any questions and that way information may get too scattered. I would advise to keep it to the 2 threads there are right now. A lot of people that check out Simuscape are also active over at the TTD-forums, so they will be able to reach the releases anyway for now.

Anything I put in the other forum will be placed here too. I think important I show all changes I make here in pics and files so you can check if I doing things right .. and check my graphics which I often miss little things :)

The little red things on the platforms I did suppose to represent trolleys like these.
Attachment:
Trolleys.png
Trolleys.png [ 85.1 KiB | Viewed 10426 times ]

This pic of one of the Stations I worked called Broadmeadow. It shows the trolley lined up to sort out parcels ready for the trains that night.

Quote:
are you going to make separate versions for all the different platforms you have

Thinking maybe should have the Freight Stations a separate file to Passenger Stations. Once I learn to do non-track tiles I hope to transfer many of the buildings from the object set and Industry set to these.

Quast65 wrote:
Give me a couple of days, then I have some more free time from work to explain simple non-track tiles (and also waypoints). Probably sunday or monday.

No hurry ..

Cheers pal

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 23   [ 452 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next