It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:17

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 23   [ 452 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: GarryG Does Stations
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 11:22 
Expert
Expert

Fixed the glitch .. here's the source files and game files.

The normal platforms I only need to use the first 4 tiles .. but not sure what parts of the code I can remove as it refers to 8 tiles. If you can give me a clue be great.

Attachments:
Auzstations.rar [225.44 KiB]
Downloaded 230 times
AuzstationsSourceFilesJune1.rar [1.83 MiB]
Downloaded 234 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 15:29 
Player
Player

Quote:
The normal platforms I only need to use the first 4 tiles .. but not sure what parts of the code I can remove as it refers to 8 tiles. If you can give me a clue be great.

You need those other 4 tiles for when you build this across several tracks using drag & drop!
Right now when you use drag&drop you only have graphics on the outsides of the tracks and nothing in the middle. ;-)

There is no need by the way to ever remove parts of the templatecodes, just leave the corresponding graphics transparent (like with the see-thru-glass effect graphics).
I have edited the two graphicsfiles, just replace the old ones with these and recompile the GRF:
Attachment:
Template_GantryCrane1_32bpp.png
Template_GantryCrane1_32bpp.png [ 21.52 KiB | Viewed 5734 times ]

Attachment:
Template_GantryCrane3_32bpp.png
Template_GantryCrane3_32bpp.png [ 22.2 KiB | Viewed 5734 times ]

I also took the liberty to draw graphics for a waypoint version, with just the crane part that goes over the tracks. That way you can build stationtiles at the outsides of several tracks and complete the crane using waypointgraphics in the middle, so that you can have non-stop express tracks in the middle for trains that dont have to stop at that station:
Attachment:
Template_Waypoint_GantryCraneOverpass_32bpp.png
Template_Waypoint_GantryCraneOverpass_32bpp.png [ 7.62 KiB | Viewed 5734 times ]

Regarding the non-track part of the crane, that now has a custom roadpart (the dark grey), if you want I can alter the code in such a way that the groundtile isnt a full grass tile, but a tile with road. That groundtile then will automatically adapt to the roadset a player is using. You then just need to keep the part where the roadsurface is transparent (just like with railtracks). Roadvehicles cannot pass that tile ofcourse, so its "fake road". But might be nice as a second option to the one you already have.

Finally, before you add new stuff to this almost full GRF, I would strongly recommend to add waypoints with the various footpaths you have next to the signalboxes (so without the signalboxes, just the paths). I do feel that those should belong in the same GRF as your signalboxes waypoints.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 23:54 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
You need those other 4 tiles for when you build this across several tracks using drag & drop!

Could do that as some players might like to expand it over several tracks. I never seen those types cranes cross more then 1 railway line and a road or just 2 railway lines, but that doesn't mean they did in other places in Australia and other countries.

Probably could also do a set that crosses just railway lines to transfer freight between wagons like where different railway gauges meet. There are several places like that in Australia such as at State boarders where different gauges met. And in some cases one State wouldn't let a wagon from another State run on their lines. Might have been like that in many countries too.

Quote:
Finally, before you add new stuff to this almost full GRF, I would strongly recommend to add waypoints with the various footpaths you have next to the signalboxes (so without the signalboxes, just the paths). I do feel that those should belong in the same GRF as your signalboxes waypoints.

I got 29 ID left in this set I'll use them for Waypoints and finish off the Freight Station tiles. Probably only use about 10 more if that.

At moment I think I stick to the dirt road under the crane for now and will make a few other dirt roads to connect to main roads.

I imagine it be several days or more before I start on buffers and maybe a bit longer before needing 1x2 and 1x3 tiles. Try and get Part 1 finished today. Then on weekend I start with Part 2 and Passenger Stations.

Cheers pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2017, 04:49 
Expert
Expert

How do these look?
Attachment:
some more waypoints.png
some more waypoints.png [ 41.79 KiB | Viewed 5731 times ]

From Left to Right:
Ballast Roads, Rail Station Gantry Crane, Gantry Crane with Waypoints, non-track Water Towers ( 2 types), 4 different pedestrian crossings (the last one suppose to fences on the ends .. the ones that make people do a zig zag walk so that the face each direction to see if trains coming), and water column Waypoint. The Water Tower near these is a object.

Part 1 I think it can be closed off for now. Later today or maybe in morning will start Part 2. These is still room for 18 more items if Part 1 if I decide to add anything else at a later date. Two things I like to add that I know of is another Staff hut for Waypoint and a brick goods shed. But will do that when I finish Part2.

Here's the sources.

Attachments:
AuzstationsSourceFilesJune2.rar [2.44 MiB]
Downloaded 258 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2017, 10:51 
Expert
Expert

I've started Part 2 and done my first station set.

This image of one of the Stations I worked at called Craven. It located on the North Coast Railway line between Newcastle and Taree.

The churches represent the employee houses. I lived in the closets to the station.

Has the Main Line, Crossing Loop, Goods Siding and Sawmill sidings. The loop was long enough to hold a loco and 58 4-wheeled wagons.

These are the source files to both Parts 1 and 2. The graphic files to both sets are in the same gfx folder.

Attachments:
AuzstationsSourceFilesPart1and2June2.rar [2.49 MiB]
Downloaded 250 times
Craven.png
Craven.png [ 294.77 KiB | Viewed 5730 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2017, 15:07 
Player
Player

Quote:
Gantrycrane

A little tip, if you want structures or tiles to look the same even if you build them using drag&drop (so no different graphics in the middle), then just use the code and graphics of one of the single-sided platforms.
The two empty blue boxes in the graphicstemplate are the ones for the other side of the track, you can then just draw something in there.
This may now be handy to do if you want to convert the part of the crane that is over the fake road (so the part that has the hook) to be over/next a track. The part of the crane with tracks that already is in the set, can then be used to complete the crane (be it over one or multiple tracks).
Quote:
will make a few other dirt roads to connect to main roads.

Those look nice!
Maybe nice to complete that fake roadset by also adding X-crossings and T-junctions.
Quote:
4 different pedestrian crossings

I like those and are certainly an addition to the set!
But it was not exactly what I meant ;-) The new crossings dont link up with the crossings that are next to the signalboxes...
An example:
Attachment:
Example263.png
Example263.png [ 46.06 KiB | Viewed 5728 times ]

So, in this case I have 4 tracks with two separate waypoints, meaning that I can force a train to either use the top 2 tracks (using waypoint-A) or the bottom two tracks (using waypoint-B).
However, visually I would like it to look like I have drag&dropped one waypoint over the 4 tracks. That would mean that I need just the footpaths of waypoint-A (without the signalbox). Those are not available...
However I took the liberty to draw those (to match the various signalboxes-paths):
Attachment:
RailCrossingPaths.rar [34.58 KiB]
Downloaded 250 times

Up to you ofcourse to decide if you want to add those as waypoints, but I do think that would be a nice extra option for a player..
Quote:
the last one suppose to fences on the ends .. the ones that make people do a zig zag walk so that the face each direction to see if trains coming

I like that idea, may look better if you use low fences (so also with a beam on the poles) and not just the white poles.
Quote:

Looks good, you have altered the header of the GRF in the right way (so giving it another GRF-ID and names) :W
Quote:
Part 1 I think it can be closed off for now.

Maybe just add the things I mentioned above and if you have enough room left a simple bufferstop.
Also doublecheck that all the boundingboxes are correct!!
Let me know when you think that Part-1 is complete, I will then doublecheck it to see if everything is correct and then it could be put onto Bananas! :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2017, 23:54 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
A little tip, if you want structures or tiles to look the same even if you build them using drag&drop (so no different graphics in the middle), then just use the code and graphics of one of the single-sided platforms.
The two empty blue boxes in the graphicstemplate are the ones for the other side of the track, you can then just draw something in there.

Will look into this .. I think if the hook was also available to be over tracks would look good at transfer stations.

Quote:
Maybe nice to complete that fake roadset by also adding X-crossings and T-junctions.

I think I can do that.

Quote:
I like those and are certainly an addition to the set!
But it was not exactly what I meant ;-) The new crossings dont link up with the crossings that are next to the signalboxes...

It normal for me to miss understand people :mrgreen: Good idea ..

I'll have a look at what you sent me and either add those as extra or maybe replace some I did.

Quote:

Looks good, you have altered the header of the GRF in the right way (so giving it another GRF-ID and names)

The buildings I made for Craven intend to improve on those, I just copied them across from the object sets. I like to do a platform with 1/2 awning .. instead of all way along the platform, but half way along, then the waiting room and other small buildings I make I will make to fit.

Quote:
Maybe just add the things I mentioned above and if you have enough room left a simple bufferstop.
Also doublecheck that all the boundingboxes are correct!!

I shall do that .. and a buffer stop to go with the Freight Stations and platforms be an idea. Maybe a pile of dirt at end of track like I seen in some places.

I'll work on Part 1 see what alterations I can make before continuing on with Part 2.

Cheers pal

EDIT:

Just been looking at the waypoints you done and will add them today .. the 4 pathways I did .. I'll keep the one with the fence and zig zag and remove the other 3.

Maybe I could make a second Zig Zag one so can have 2 waypoints using those. (That didn't work as put a zig zag in middle where not need to be).

Wonder if the poles and lights can be removed as they didn't have these between tracks for public level crossings. Only seen these in shunting yards .. the posts where a safety area where rail employees could stand when trains passed.

Edit Edit: The Fake Road level crossing .. think that might be good as a waypoint too?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2017, 12:40 
Expert
Expert

Made those changes you asked with pathways, and the ballast roads. Made the level crossing into a waypoint.

Also added the Gantry Cranes wit hooks so they are over railway tracks.
Attachment:
Waypoints changes.png
Waypoints changes.png [ 26.53 KiB | Viewed 5725 times ]

Checked the Bounding Boxes .. I think I got them all.

Here's Part 1 sources files.

I altered the spreadsheet a bit .. I put the platforms etc in the order they are in file and all the IDs not used yet are at the bottom so easy to see what still available.

Cheers pal

Attachments:
AuzstationsSourceFilesPart1June3.rar [2.59 MiB]
Downloaded 241 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2017, 08:15 
Expert
Expert

Whatcha think of Grenfell Station. We had several stations in my State to this design.

Some made of weatherboard and painted either a yellow cream colour like I did here or a green and one that I worked at was brick.
Attachment:
Grenfell.png
Grenfell.png [ 5.09 KiB | Viewed 5723 times ]

This a pic of actual station.
Attachment:
Grenfell_NSW.png
Grenfell_NSW.png [ 163.4 KiB | Viewed 5723 times ]

I be needing to make a few more platforms with 1/2 length awning or maybe just let the awning extend past the buildings like this.
Attachment:
Grenfell2.png
Grenfell2.png [ 5.32 KiB | Viewed 5723 times ]

When I get all 4 views did of this will recolour it and make it brick.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2017, 16:16 
Player
Player

Quote:
Here's Part 1 sources files.

Ill take a thorough look through when I have some more spare time (probably end of the upcoming week)
Quote:
Whatcha think of Grenfell Station

That is a cute little station, very nicely drawn!! :bowing:
I have a couple remarks though:
Attachment:
Example270.png
Example270.png [ 247.2 KiB | Viewed 5721 times ]

The most important remark is regarding the stairs, those now stick out of the tiles I think, that is not good ;-)
All other remarks are cosmetic, up to you to add/alter those :twisted:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2017, 23:33 
Expert
Expert

Thanks for those few tips. :W

I hope can make it a bit narrower .. had some ideas when laying in bed last night.

No hurry checking Part 1 no matter if it a week or two as I like to have some of Part 2 ready and release them on bananas same time.

Once I get Grenfell right it will make it easier to do the others.

Haven't had chance to do buffers yet.

Cheers pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2017, 07:23 

And this also should cover the window more as our view is isometric:

Attachments:
missing.png
missing.png [ 176.84 KiB | Viewed 5717 times ]
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2017, 07:46 
Expert
Expert

Howzat!

Made them a bit narrower so they look a lot more towards the previous pic and the photo here showing the platform and water tanks.

These don't have chimney on them yet as been busy gardening and mowing lawns. Should be some bricks left over from the garden border boxes to make the chimneys :)

Attachments:
Grenfell_NSW_2.png
Grenfell_NSW_2.png [ 243.63 KiB | Viewed 5717 times ]
Grenfell4.png
Grenfell4.png [ 6.8 KiB | Viewed 5717 times ]
Grenfell3.png
Grenfell3.png [ 9.24 KiB | Viewed 5717 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2017, 20:52 
Player
Player

Quote:
Howzat!

That.. Looks.. Awesome!!!! What a nice little station, lovely job!! :bowing: :bowing:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2017, 00:00 

Two more faithful:
:bowing: :bowing:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2017, 00:18 
Expert
Expert

Thanks pal,

Guess you can say this is the proto type. Each part of that building I have as separate pieces so can use to make other stations.

These 3 stations Coonamble, Crookwell and Tumut, all basically same design. So be easy to make.

Shame thing is none of these stations see passenger trains anymore. Coonamble I worked there from 1991 to 94 and only trains seen was grain and wool. Used to be serviced by The Coonamble Mail but that been replaced by a bus and truck.

Cheers pal

Attachments:
Coonamble.png
Coonamble.png [ 70.4 KiB | Viewed 5714 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2017, 04:39 
Expert
Expert

Here's some of my stations in a game.
Attachment:
Stations.png
Stations.png [ 48.07 KiB | Viewed 5713 times ]

I haven't done 1x2 tiles for the Grenfell station .. I split these to single tiles for the moment just to make sure all line up properly. Don't worry about teaching me 1x2 and 1x3 just yet. I haven't did my homework on the buffers yet. :mrgreen: I guess that one of the problems a ex-railway person has .. they still get side tracked. :lol:

The buildings for the station on the right are in sections so can put them how you want.

The ones along the top represent:
Parcels Office, Station Master and Booking Office, next is Waiting Room and Ladies Waiting Room and Toilet, and last one in Gents Toilet. Do you think it was discrimination against men those days. Women provided with their own waiting room with a fire place .. and men had to go out side down the platform to their toilet and freeze their socks off in winter.

Have to have a word with the station staff as mowing the grass on one side of the track did a different direction to other side.

Attachments:
AuzstationsSourceFilesPart2June6.rar [1.93 MiB]
Downloaded 251 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2017, 11:35 
Master Mentor

Wonderful station. :bowing:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2017, 09:34 
Expert
Expert

Thanks all for your encouragement.

Did East Maitland Island Station today.
Attachment:
East Maitland.png
East Maitland.png [ 13.29 KiB | Viewed 5711 times ]

This station I will leave as 1x1 tiles so players can decide if use them singly or join 2 or more together.
1st image showing the joined.
Second image has them separated .. the 1st of these in the Gents Toilet, SM Office and Booking Office, 2nd building has Waiting room and ladies toilet.
3rd image see how they look with a covered platform using other awnings.
4th image shows some changes I made. Before the Galvanized Iron Awnings did not have white lines on edge of platform and now they have both. Also did same with the awnings with the Walls (wind breaks).

Moved the Victoria Street Station from Part 1 to Part 2 so all Station buildings be together and to free up a ID in Part 1.

With the added awnings with the white lines, Part 1 is now full. No room for any more.

All sources files for both parts included here.

Cheers all

Attachments:
AuzstationsSourceFilesPart1and2June7.rar [2.85 MiB]
Downloaded 250 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2017, 12:50 
Expert
Expert

Adding Livestock Platforms and non-track tiles. Will do some with livestock in soon too.

When finished these platform sets will redo my Industry Set and AuzObject_Rail sets and remove or change anything in those no longer required.

Attachments:
Livestock.png
Livestock.png [ 61.71 KiB | Viewed 5709 times ]

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 23   [ 452 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next