It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:53

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 23   [ 452 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: GarryG Does Stations
PostPosted: 20 May 2017, 05:18 
Expert
Expert

I've had a go at splitting the stations into 3 separate files.

auzstations_1_v001 is "Australian Passenger Stations, Part 1"
auzstations_2_v001 is "Australian Freight Stations, Part 2"
auzstations_3_v001 is "Australian Stations Infrastructure, Part 3"

All have their own ID and they load in game without any hassles.

Been playing around moving and deleting platforms.

Passenger Stations I have kept the code you gave me "AS00" Freight Stations start from "AF00" and Infrastructure start from "AI00"

The platform you seen with seats on the slope edge .. I removed this platform only from the single sided sets .. left the Island and Normal platforms with the seats. Was going to change the graphics for this set, but thought just removing this lot gives me practice using the "nforenum"

Basically one more passenger platform set I hope to do is with a Asphalt surface. No need for me do concrete type as you have these covered in the Dutch Sets.

With the Freight Stations .. hope to add Livestock platforms and loading shoots.

The Station Infrastructure .. I separated these for the time being .. whether I leave them on their own will see what room is left with the other too. When I learn non-track tiles will add a few more water tanks to this and maybe a few signal boxes and staff huts.

Having a go at putting awnings over platforms now ready to connect to stations when I make them.

Cheers

Attachments:
AuzstationsSourceFilesMay203Sets.rar [1.03 MiB]
Downloaded 326 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 May 2017, 08:15 
Expert
Expert

Added Waiting rooms to the Country Platforms that had the seat on slope.

Attachments:
Country Platforms Alterations.png
Country Platforms Alterations.png [ 17.56 KiB | Viewed 9195 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 May 2017, 13:52 
Player
Player

Hi mate,
I have to slam on the brakes right now!! :?

Firstly, there is no need at all to split it up in 3 separate GRFs.
You are nowhere near the 255 stations that can fit into one GRF, splitting it up already just wastes 2 precious GRF slots!!

Secondly, I took a quick look at the codes of the three GRFs and I saw some strange things with the Station-IDs.
For example in auzstations_1_v001.nfo, you now start with Station-ID number 14, then you go up each time with a number and suddenly go from 24 to 27 and then from 27 to 48!!
Meaning you are skipping/wasting 13 + 3 + 21 = 37 station-IDs!!!!!!!!
In auzstations_2_v001.nfo, you suddenly go from 13 to 24, skipping/wasting 11 station-IDs.
In auzstations_3_v001.nfo, you start with 01 (where you could have started with 00) and suddenly go from 03 to 09, wasting 1 + 6 = 7 station-IDs.

This is not good!!! Please do not release these three GRFs over at the TTD-forums!!!!!!

Sorry that it seems a bit harsh, but this needs fixing! ;)

First of all, keep everything in one GRF, as I said you are nowhere near the 255 stations that can be in one GRF (at least if you just go up a station-ID number one at a time ;-) ). That way you can keep better track of what station-ID number you are at.
Secondly, the sorting you can do with the Purchase-menu IDs. That is where a player can find all of the passenger platforms in one menu and for example the freight platforms in another menu. No need to also do that via separate GRFs.

In the case that you are getting close to hitting the 255 station-IDs, only then start with a new GRF.
In that new GRF you can then start out again with Station-ID 00 and go up again to 255 (FF).
You can however use the same Purchase-menu IDs, that way if you place the new GRF after the first one, the new stations will show up nicely after the old ones in the purchase menu's.
That way you get the maximum use out of a single GRF.

So, to summarise:
- DO NOT RELEASE THESE 3 GRFs OVER AT THE TTD-FORUMS!!
- Place all of your current code/stations in just one GRF and make sure the station-IDs start from 00 and then go up one number at a time.

Please fix this first, before I get into explaining waypoints and non-track tiles. :W

I know you are very eager with developing and releasing stuff and I applaud that!! :bowing:
But sometimes you need to just take it a bit slower and doublecheck if everything is how it should be before announcing a release. At the moment we are in a secure environment, where discussion about these things can be done, without getting GRFs out in the world that can be very difficult to delete again. Please take advantage of this. ;-)
I am just lucky to have a bit a free time at the moment, so I could see this just in time to hopefully stop it, but I can be busy sometimes and then miss this.
So please, discuss these kind of things first here, before placing it in an open forum.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 May 2017, 14:49 
Expert
Expert

Hi Pal,

This my second go answering this as lost internet for a short time when tried before.

You can take the break off, just stay in 1st gear for now. :)

I keep trying different things with what you taught me and playing around moving, deleting and inserting information to try understand how it works.

No problem ... I will continue with just one GRF.

Splitting them was more of a learning curve as curious how easy can be .. and easier then I thought. Also thought might be a better idea .. but not to worry .. I could cheat and go back to the last complete file .. but will learn more now re-joining them and getting their IDs right and if not work, then I go back to the original file.

Those IDs missing that kind of intentional .. they spaces left when I took out the Freight Stations and Infrastructure .. I changed some but not all. The infrastructure gap was meant for something else to go there. The Freight ones most still have same ID they used in other set.

Also thought leaving some of those station-IDs to allows me to insert more there that belongs to the ones above it.

Don't panic I will not release those 3 files .. had no intention to release them until I heard from you as I wasn't sure if I coded them right.

Time for me to hit the sack as need lots of beauty sleep ..

cheers pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 May 2017, 16:53 
Player
Player

Its ok mate, no harm done just yet, so no worries ;-)
Experimenting with code is fine, just do that only here for the time being (while learning), thats where this thread is for.

Regarding inserting stations in between already existing ones:
No need to keep places free, eventually you may forget that you kept those places free and that is a waste of station-IDs, or you may want to insert more than you kept free and then that system doesnt work anymore ;-)
I believe you mentioned that you have made a spreadsheet where you keep track of the stations you have already made (ordered by station-ID I believe). Add a commentsection in that where you can state that you placed that new station in between already existing ones (so lets say you are adding a station with ID 40 and you copy paste its code in between ID 21 and 22, then state in the comment section "placed in between existing ID 21 and 22". That way you know where to find that station again and you also know that the next station should be ID 41.

NFO coding is very confusing and difficult because of all of the numbers and letters that look like abracadabra ;-) But when you have working codeblocks you can very simply copy/paste those. Just make sure you keep track of the station-IDs, those are the most important ones and a good spreadsheet will certainly help with that.

And again, experimenting (or announcing that you want to try something out) is fine, just do it here where I can help or comment before releasing it publically. 8-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 May 2017, 04:18 
Expert
Expert

Hi,

I back to one file ..

Question .. if want them in a certain order in purchase menu, does that mean that the order they need to be in the NFO file .. if I understood correctly.

This will explain why the Water Tanks are before the Water Columns when I prefer them opposite way around. Although the Columns are coded 64 to 66, and Tanks 67 to 69, I have the tanks in the list first.

With Platforms like to have the on ramp to show first in purchase menu then all the bits and pieces and off ramp to be last. (Not sure a more suitable name for these .. hope players understand what I mean .. Maybe I should label them "On ramps - Southern End" and "Of Ramps - Northern End" .. wonder if that how I should label them .. what you think be more understandable for everyone?)

I am using a spreadsheet (would you like see a copy).

Left a message in other forum that I changed my mind about the 3 files. Apart from the odd pic of what I doing I not put a file release there until we both happy with it.
Attachment:
Asphalt Platforms.png
Asphalt Platforms.png [ 4.46 KiB | Viewed 9188 times ]

Copy of files too. Hope later today have some of the new platforms done and changed the order of the Goods Wooden Platforms so On ramps first and Off ramps last in purchase menu.

Cheers pal
These early production of the next platforms I doing. Will be 3 different coloured awnings as country stations has either just plan galvanised roof, and some painted red or green.

Attachments:
AuzstationsSourceFilesMay21.rar [1.02 MiB]
Downloaded 297 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 May 2017, 14:52 
Player
Player

Quote:
Question .. if want them in a certain order in purchase menu, does that mean that the order they need to be in the NFO file .. if I understood correctly.

Yes.
The order you code them in in the NFO file is the order how they show up in their respective purchasemenu's.
Quote:
With Platforms like to have the on ramp to show first in purchase menu then all the bits and pieces and off ramp to be last. (Not sure a more suitable name for these .. hope players understand what I mean .. Maybe I should label them "On ramps - Southern End" and "Of Ramps - Northern End" .. wonder if that how I should label them .. what you think be more understandable for everyone?)

I think it is already ok in the way you are doing it right now. I think it is logical to name the closest ramp On Ramp and the ramp furthest away Off Ramp. No need to add the extra Northern end / Southern end. Especially because I think players look more at the picture in the purchasemenu than its name ;-) The picture explains enough.
I believe that I called all my platforms with ramps, just "platform with ramp" and dont even bother with naming it on- or off-ramp ;-)
Quote:
I am using a spreadsheet (would you like see a copy).

Yes please, it may be also handy to include that in the sourcefiles .rar
That extra information could be handy for others that want to get into coding stations later on and are trying to find some examples. The spreadsheet could then be a good reference to find a particular type of station in the code file.
Quote:
Platforms with roofs

This is going to be your first platform with a structure all along the platform.
Place a couple of those next to each other and check how it looks with the catenary pylons, they may poke through and that may not look that good.
If that is the case, you can change a value in the first codeline after all of the graphicspath lines (the codeline that also has the purchase submenu ID). Its the value after "11" in that line, change "FF" to "00" (so, zero zero, not capital-o capital-o ;-) ) This will obstruct catenarypylons to be placed on that tile.
So for example, change this:
78 * 192 00 04 07 01 03 08 "AS02" 0B 02 0C FD 0D FE 11 FF 14 00 09 06
to this:
78 * 192 00 04 07 01 03 08 "AS02" 0B 02 0C FD 0D FE 11 00 14 00 09 06
Quote:
Boundingboxes

It looks like you got the hang of those. You have changed them nicely to the various hights of the various structures. :bowing:
Just one thing, you dont have to change the boundingbox hights of the platformsides that have no structure (like in the case of single sided platforms, the side that has no visible platform), you can keep those 3 pixels high:
Attachment:
Example257.png
Example257.png [ 39.65 KiB | Viewed 9186 times ]

I dont believe it gives any graphical issues, but it is just tidier/neater/cleaner. :oops:

I really applaud the way you are picking this up so fast!! :W
You are really churning out those platforms at a fast pace, the GRF is almost half filled :bowing:
I will probably come back with explaining Waypoints tomorrow and later on with non-track tiles!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 May 2017, 00:05 
Expert
Expert

Send you copy of spreadsheet soon.

I'll make a few changes to it so easier for others to understand and make sure each line references correctly.

Didn't get any coding done yesterday afternoon as getting the graphics for the awnings right .. Hoping to line them up with the station buildings I have already made in the AuzObjects_Rail set.

Hope do some today. Tomorrow my day of train riding and getting photos of railway stations. Looking for those that still in original style when first built.

Stations that where built in the country all have ramp platform ends. Station Masters was jack of all trades on many of those stations. Not just a Station Master but also looked after ticket sales, parcels and goods and was also signalman and shunter.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 May 2017, 02:36 
Expert
Expert

Here's a copy of my spreadsheet if like to have a look and let me know if some of it needs to be changed so other understand it better.

It is a Excel 2013 version.

It has sheets from Lesson 1 to Lesson 7 .. attempt to break up each instruction you have given me.

Code and Remarks is a break down of the Lessons.

ID Codes Used is how I list the IDs for what I been doing. Maybe need to be explained better for other players.

Purchase Menu Codes .. shows the codes I used for these.

Cheers

Attachments:
RailwayStations in NFO.rar [483.02 KiB]
Downloaded 283 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 May 2017, 02:47 
Expert
Expert

Forgot to ask you ..

The bounding boxes mentioned above .. platforms with no structure say can leave these as 3 pixels.

For Singleside, they can be found here:
F4 03 00 00 00 00 00 10 05 03 2D 84 00 00 00 0B 00 10 05 03 2E 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 2F 44 22 03 80
F3 03 00 00 00 00 00 05 10 03 30 84 00 00 0B 00 00 05 10 03 31 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 32 44 22 03 80

As a guess I say it one of these lines that I didn't need to change the height .. question is which line?

Cheers

EDIT: I worked it out .. the first 03 in each line is the back section and second 03 of the same line is the front section.

So for the front platform with a building first 03 can stay as is and second 03 change it to the height needed .. in this case for my waiting rooms I changed it to 0C. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 May 2017, 05:08 
Expert
Expert

It going to take you hours just to read my messages :lol:

Looking at your Dutch Set and the non-track tiles with hedges and fences .. allowing people to choose what they would like along platform edges. Thinking of doing the same, but save doing some that you already have, I do different types .. such as white fences .. the ones I done in the country platforms with gravel and asphalt platforms and also a paling type fence.

But problem this causes it with my ramps .. so I thinking to cut the ramps off the end of the platforms and make them a separate tile and players can choose if want ramp or not.

The pic might give you idea what I mean.

I thinking of doing this with all passenger platforms. Don't think I need do this with freight platforms as they used one side by trains and road vehicles over side.

Attachments:
small ramps.png
small ramps.png [ 4.05 KiB | Viewed 9184 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 May 2017, 15:21 
Expert
Expert

Here's my latest creation.

I changed the FF to 00 to remove the overhead wire poles .. problem is I like using the Dutch overheads. The poles are gone but wire still has the hump. But should be ok with other wires.

The awnings are corrugated iron roof. Hope these will go with buildings I make later.

Took away all the fences to all platform sets.

In the source files you will find the updated spreadsheet with a few changes.

Also a text file I call Last Code Used .. this is where I edit what sections needed for each platform before adding it to the NFO file. Another way to keep track of ID's I last used.

I not be home much tomorrow as have some travelling to do and pics to take.

Cheers pal

Attachments:
AuzstationsSourceMay22.rar [1.66 MiB]
Downloaded 304 times
Asphalt Country Platforms.png
Asphalt Country Platforms.png [ 43.28 KiB | Viewed 9182 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 May 2017, 04:46 
Expert
Expert

Went train ridding yesterday and took some pics of railway stations.

This is Victoria Street, near Maitland.
Attachment:
Victoria Street1.png
Victoria Street1.png [ 266.1 KiB | Viewed 9180 times ]

Attachment:
Victoria Street_02.png
Victoria Street_02.png [ 11.4 KiB | Viewed 9180 times ]

Can you tell which is the real one and which is the game one. :)

Hint the game one hasn't got a chimney. (Will put chimney on later).

Here the latest sauce.

Cheers pal

Attachments:
AuzstationsSourceMay24.rar [1.7 MiB]
Downloaded 319 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 May 2017, 11:55 
Player
Player

Quote:
These early production of the next platforms I doing. Will be 3 different coloured awnings as country stations has either just plan galvanised roof, and some painted red or green.

Those platforms with awnings look nice!
I would advise though to use a different (darker) color for the pillars that keep up the roof. The green you are using right now is very difficult to see in combination with the dark grey asfalt of the platforms.
Quote:
Here's a copy of my spreadsheet

A very good setup, its very clear what station has what Station-ID and in what purchasemenu it can be found, very handy!
Quote:
The bounding boxes

Looks like it worked changing them for the waiting rooms :bowing:
But I dont think you have changed them for all that need changing just yet, right?
Quote:
I changed the FF to 00 to remove the overhead wire poles .. problem is I like using the Dutch overheads. The poles are gone but wire still has the hump. But should be ok with other wires.

Yeah, thats a problem with the design of the Dutch powerlines... But still better than pylons poking through the roof and indeed other powerline designs should be ok ;-)
Quote:
This is Victoria Street, near Maitland.

Looks good!!

Well, it looks like you are ready for the next lesson, Waypoints!! 8-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 May 2017, 12:59 
Player
Player

Waypoints

Basically, waypoints are drawn and coded the same way as normal platforms.
Their advantage is that trains wont stop there and you can use them to direct trains to a specific stationplatform. But you can also use them for some nice eyecandy, like various signals or signs.

Like I said, the code is basically the same as with normal platforms, a codeblock looks like this:

92 * 6 01 04 01 FF 10 00
93 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_8bpp_EMPTY.png 8bpp 10 40 64 122 -31 -91 normal chunked
| c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_32bpp.png 32bpp 10 40 64 122 -31 -91 normal chunked
94 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_8bpp_EMPTY.png 8bpp 90 40 64 122 -53 -102 normal chunked
| c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_32bpp.png 32bpp 90 40 64 122 -53 -102 normal chunked
95 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_8bpp_EMPTY.png 8bpp 170 40 64 122 -31 -91 normal chunked
| c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_32bpp.png 32bpp 170 40 64 122 -31 -91 normal chunked
96 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_8bpp_EMPTY.png 8bpp 250 40 64 122 -9 -102 normal chunked
| c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_32bpp.png 32bpp 250 40 64 122 -9 -102 normal chunked
97 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_8bpp_EMPTY.png 8bpp 330 40 64 122 -31 -91 normal chunked
| c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_32bpp.png 32bpp 330 40 64 122 -31 -91 normal chunked
98 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_8bpp_EMPTY.png 8bpp 410 40 64 122 -53 -102 normal chunked
| c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_32bpp.png 32bpp 410 40 64 122 -53 -102 normal chunked
99 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_8bpp_EMPTY.png 8bpp 490 40 64 122 -31 -91 normal chunked
| c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_32bpp.png 32bpp 490 40 64 122 -31 -91 normal chunked
100 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_8bpp_EMPTY.png 8bpp 570 40 64 122 -9 -102 normal chunked
| c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_32bpp.png 32bpp 570 40 64 122 -9 -102 normal chunked
101 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_8bpp_EMPTY.png 8bpp 650 40 64 122 -0 -0 normal chunked
| c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_32bpp.png 32bpp 650 40 64 122 -0 -0 normal chunked
102 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_8bpp_EMPTY.png 8bpp 730 40 64 122 -0 -0 normal chunked
| c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_32bpp.png 32bpp 730 40 64 122 -0 -0 normal chunked
103 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_8bpp_EMPTY.png 8bpp 810 40 64 122 -0 -0 normal chunked
| c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_32bpp.png 32bpp 810 40 64 122 -0 -0 normal chunked
104 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_8bpp_EMPTY.png 8bpp 890 40 64 122 -0 -0 normal chunked
| c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_32bpp.png 32bpp 890 40 64 122 -0 -0 normal chunked
105 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_8bpp_EMPTY.png 8bpp 970 40 64 122 -0 -0 normal chunked
| c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_32bpp.png 32bpp 970 40 64 122 -0 -0 normal chunked
106 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_8bpp_EMPTY.png 8bpp 1050 40 64 122 -0 -0 normal chunked
| c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_32bpp.png 32bpp 1050 40 64 122 -0 -0 normal chunked
107 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_8bpp_EMPTY.png 8bpp 1130 40 64 122 -0 -0 normal chunked
| c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_32bpp.png 32bpp 1130 40 64 122 -0 -0 normal chunked
108 c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_8bpp_EMPTY.png 8bpp 1210 40 64 122 -0 -0 normal chunked
| c:/grfcodec603/auzstations/gfx/template_waypoint_32bpp.png 32bpp 1210 40 64 122 -0 -0 normal chunked
109 * 374 00 04 03 01 04 08 "WAYP" 0B 0F 09 08
F4 03 00 00 00 00 00 10 05 03 31 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 39 44 22 03 00 0B 00 10 05 03 32 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 3A 44 22 03 80
F3 03 00 00 00 00 00 05 10 03 33 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 3B 44 22 03 0B 00 00 05 10 03 34 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 3C 44 22 03 80
F4 03 00 00 00 00 00 10 05 03 2D 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 35 44 22 03 00 0B 00 10 05 03 2E 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 36 44 22 03 80
F3 03 00 00 00 00 00 05 10 03 2F 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 37 44 22 03 0B 00 00 05 10 03 30 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 38 44 22 03 80
F4 03 00 00 00 00 00 10 05 03 2D 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 35 44 22 03 00 0B 00 10 05 03 32 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 3A 44 22 03 80
F3 03 00 00 00 00 00 05 10 03 2F 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 37 44 22 03 0B 00 00 05 10 03 34 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 3C 44 22 03 80
F4 03 00 00 00 00 00 10 05 03 31 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 39 44 22 03 00 0B 00 10 05 03 2E 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 36 44 22 03 80
F3 03 00 00 00 00 00 05 10 03 33 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 3B 44 22 03 0B 00 00 05 10 03 30 84 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 38 44 22 03 80
110 * 7 02 04 00 00 01 00 00
111 * 14 02 04 01 81 41 14 0F 01 00 80 01 0F 02 80
112 * 14 02 04 02 81 41 0C 0F 01 06 80 00 00 01 00
113 * 14 02 04 03 81 41 08 0F 01 04 80 00 00 02 00
114 * 14 02 04 04 81 41 14 0F 01 03 00 02 0F 02 80
115 * 14 02 04 05 81 0C 00 FF 01 04 00 14 14 00 00
116 * 10 03 04 01 04 01 FE 05 00 00 00
117 * 24 04 48 FF 01 04 "ÅTEMPLATE WAYPOINT" 00

The biggest difference in code is the Purchase Submenu ID, rather than using "AS00" or "AS01" you MUST use WAYP. That way it is placed in the Waypointsection of the rail purchase menu (just to the left of the regular station purchase menu button).

Also you dont need the last codeline from the regular platforms anymore (the codeline with the Purchase Submenu Name), as it is placed in the waypoint purchase menu and that has no subdivisions, so no need to name that. ;-)

You can still give it a specific name though (in this case TEMPLATE WAYPOINT), but you will only see that name after you have placed that waypoint and use the ?-tool to get the extra information. Keep the "Å"-symbol in front of that name (just like with regular stations).

I have prepared the templates (codeblock and graphicsfiles) for you:
Attachment:
Waypoint_Sources.rar [6.62 KiB]
Downloaded 318 times

Regarding the code:
- You may need to change the paths (and names) to the graphicsfiles and the Station-ID numbers ofcourse (just like with the regular platforms).
- Regarding Station-ID numbers, give it a number higher than the last station you coded, they will show up in the Waypoint Purchase Menu in the order that you have coded them. After coding waypoints you can still add stations and more waypoints and stations etc etc, just make sure they all have their unique station-ID number.

Regarding the graphics:
- I have prepared a template that looks like the one from the regular OpenTTD-platforms.
Only now with just colored groundlevels (rather than a 3 pixel high platform), to show where you can draw/place stuff, without trains running in to them ;-)
- They also have the see-thru glass effect graphics, those you can delete if you dont use them yet (also just like with regular platforms).
- Waypoints can be placed by using drag&drop, if you do that you can have separate graphics for the middle-sections. That way you can have for example lights in the middle and have lights and a fusebox at the outsides.
If you want the middlesections to have the same graphics as the ones on the outsides, then just copy/paste the outside graphics also in the middlesection graphics. DO NOT FORGET TO DO THIS, otherwise you will only have graphics on the outsides when using drag&drop and nothing in the middle ;-)
- You can make the graphics one-sided by leaving the graphics on the other side of the track empty.

Finally, 2 things to keep in mind:
- Waypoints always will get powerline pylons when using electrified rails (those cannot be turned off sadly for waypoints), keep that in mind when designing/placing stuff, that those may poke through, so just keep room for them. ;-)
- Waypoints also have boundingboxes, if you draw structures that are high enough to cover up powerlines, then give that a corresponding boundingbox hight to avoid glitching issues (again, just like with regular platforms, those numbers can be found in the same place, the 03-s)

This is an example of how the templates look ingame:
Attachment:
Example260.png
Example260.png [ 69.33 KiB | Viewed 9176 times ]

1. Just a single tile waypoint (if you dont use drag&drop each single tile will look like this)
2. Drag&drop, 2 tiles wide (now you see that there are also separate middlesection graphics)
3. Drag&drop, 3 tiles wide
4. Drag&drop, 6 tiles wide
5. Drag&drop, twice, 3 tiles wide. This is to show that if you place a new drag&drop section (or single-tile for that matter) next to an existing one, that the new section starts again with an outside tile.

A lot again to take in :oops: Feel free to ask any questions!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 May 2017, 14:26 
Expert
Expert

Doing Way Points look very interesting .. I'll start on them after I get my beauty sleep when I hope what I read will think in better.

I just checked on of my Signal Boxes from object set and hope to use some of these as Waypoints, but some will need to be made a wee bit thinner. Some are 9 and 10 pixels .. but might look better at 8 wide so they sit 2 pixels further back from the railway lines to what platforms do.

Have a few ideas for waypoints .. besides the signal boxes and staff huts, are some very small stations where trains only stopped if required and only half a carriage fitted. Also in object set is Fettlers Trolley Sheds I did would go good too with trike take offs across any other tracks.

Quote:
green you are using right now is very difficult to see in combination with the dark grey asfalt of the platforms.

Used the green as that colour of these pylons at one of the stations I was at .. but true they don't show out to well. Another station I visited these where a maroon .. dark red colour which might show out better.

Quote:
But I dont think you have changed them for all that need changing just yet, right?

Bounding Boxes I did two lots .. the waiting rooms for single sided platforms and the ones on the Island Platform. haven't took any notice if I could do any more.

One good thing getting these bounding boxes to work .. I can check my Object and Industries sets now and see if the heights on some of them need fixing.

Anyway I off to bed .. will work on these tomorrow .. cheers pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 May 2017, 04:21 
Expert
Expert

Here's my first Waypoints.
Attachment:
Waypoint2.png
Waypoint2.png [ 15.45 KiB | Viewed 9172 times ]

Looking at the overhead poles .. I could stick to 10 pixel wide Waypoints if need .. put shorten them a bit to leave at least 2 pixels each end.

Did some signal boxes reversed as they be good for me when I eventually start scenario and hope build my railways like they were in real.

Here's the sources to where I am up to .. includes spreadsheet with the Waypoints added and the new lesson.
Attachment:
AuzstationsSourceMay25.rar [1.8 MiB]
Downloaded 315 times

All looking well .. the signal boxes in reverse I set the bounding boxes .. not sure if will need do facing ones as they other side of railway lines.

Cheers pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 May 2017, 07:32 
Expert
Expert

Made new awnings for the platforms.

They are based on Sydney Terminal.

Made a rough Sydney Terminal using some of your Stations pieces.
Attachment:
Sydney Terminal.png
Sydney Terminal.png [ 155.6 KiB | Viewed 9170 times ]

Sydney station and many of the Suburban stations have a new sandstone brick type of platform surface so I had a go doing these too. This should finish all the platforms I need. Just a matter of doing Waypoints and non-track tiles .. (but I be like you, will keep adding when new ideas enter the mind :) ).

These are the new awnings with 2 types of platforms. I think I will removed the first awnings I did and stick to these designs and just change the green ends and support posts for the country platforms. This will mean redesigning most of the stations I done before in the object sets.

NekoMaster asked on other forum if can put passengers on the platforms .. might be nice, but not on my agenda.

Attachments:
AuzstationsSourceMay26.rar [1.97 MiB]
Downloaded 327 times
Central Awnings.png
Central Awnings.png [ 5.55 KiB | Viewed 9170 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 May 2017, 15:45 
Player
Player

Looking good!
This is indeed (just like others said over at the OpenTTD Forums) becoming a nice stationset!
Your choice of textures for the various platforms looks really really good!

Quote:
the signal boxes in reverse I set the bounding boxes .. not sure if will need do facing ones as they other side of railway lines.

Yes, you do need to set those boundingboxes at the correct height. As players may choose to put those inside a couple of rows of tracks and not just at the outsides. If they dont have the correct boundingbox hight, they may get issues with powerlines then. Always try to give structures their correct boundingboxhight.
Quote:
I think I will removed the first awnings

Well, I must say that I liked the design of those awnings (the new ones too by the way!).
Maybe you can use that design for the countryplatforms with the gravel surface (the first ones in the set), maybe then the green pillars look better too. Maybe also add some browns on those roofs to mimic rust/wear, for little stations far outback in the bush ;-) But that is all up to you, just saying that I like them and maybe usable somewhere else ;-)
Quote:
NekoMaster asked on other forum if can put passengers on the platforms .. might be nice, but not on my agenda.

This may be something for very later on, I am experimenting with coding those kinds of platforms, but am struggeling a bit with some parts of the code. If I get those working I will also ofcourse make them available in easy to copy/paste codeblocks and graphics. But this will be something for the future ;-)

Keep up the great work, I am busy again with work and some other things for OpenTTD (As you may have seen, SilverX50 has drawn a couple more stations for the Dutch Station Set that I need to code in), but will probably have some time in the next couple of days to send you some templates for non-track tiles.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 May 2017, 01:07 
Expert
Expert

Thanks for your compliments.

Quote:
Yes, you do need to set those boundingboxes at the correct height.

Shall work on those today and make a few more Waypoints .. been wondering what to put on other tracks for waypoint. Friend of mine suggested some rusty railway lines laying between the tracks or old railway sleepers.

Quote:
Well, I must say that I liked the design of those awnings (the new ones too by the way!).

I like them too and will keep them. I will change the pylons to a dark red so they will stand out a bit better. I checked some photos of old station with the gravel surface, they had asphalt under the awnings. So will work on that idea.

Quast65 wrote:
This may be something for very later on, I am experimenting with coding those kinds of platforms, but am struggeling a bit with some parts of the code.

Want me to put a suggestion in my forum and se if anyone will volunteer to help with these codings? I had a sticky beak at the JPStations NFO and so confusing as they coded things different to you.

Quote:
Keep up the great work, I am busy again with work and some other things for OpenTTD (As you may have seen, SilverX50 has drawn a couple more stations for the Dutch Station Set that I need to code in), but will probably have some time in the next couple of days to send you some templates for non-track tiles.

I seen some of the work you two are doing .. I love to do something simular and make Sydney and Newcastle Stations here in Australia.

Cheers pal

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 23   [ 452 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next