It is currently 16 May 2024, 19:20

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 13 of 23   [ 452 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: GarryG Does Stations
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017, 13:53 
Expert
Expert

I did fix that, but forgot to add it to the files zipped up to overwrite previous one..

Try this one.

Attachments:
auzstations_3_v001.nfo [169.16 KiB]
Downloaded 253 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017, 14:00 
Player
Player

So is the GRF ok now for you? Or does it still have this error:
Quote:
the purchase menu for the Island Platforms so of the girders have disappeared

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017, 14:12 
Expert
Expert

GRF working ok .. but just rechecked and one of the purchase menus still missing some girders.

Rust must be pretty bad with some for them to disappear like that :mrgreen:

Fix it in a few moments and sent you update.

Cheers

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017, 14:19 
Player
Player

So, just a graphical error? (as in, something was not drawn in yet by you)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017, 14:29 
Expert
Expert

When I copied the sprites over to the purchase menu, not all pieces came across, and I not notice that happened. Maybe I too excited at time getting these ideas to work. :oops:

They all look ok now.

I been through Parts 1 and 2 several times now and not notice any problems or glitches. I'll go through them again tomorrow and Friday and if I no find anything .. hope to release these 2 Friday night for the weekend. Good to get them out the road so can concentrate on Part 3 and the other 2 sets.

Here the grf for Part 3 with purchase menu fixed and I tested and it loads no problem.

Cheers pal

Attachments:
auzstations_3_v001.grf [509.06 KiB]
Downloaded 228 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017, 14:49 
Player
Player

Well, you are working so fast that I also dont get the time to catch up and check everything ;-)
It is really important to check, doublecheck again and then triplecheck again, as this is set up so that you can copy/paste as much as possible. If one tiny issue slips in somewhere, then that will be copy/pasted all over....

So, are you at least very very sure that you dont want to change the order anymore of the sprites in part-1 and part-2? Post the 2 GRFs that you are absolutely sure about. I will try to check those today and tomorrow then.

regarding part-3
2 things:
- Are they supposed to have this lightgreen background?
- One sprite is named to be used for multiple tracks, but it shows up with a pylon on one side. And thus does not connect when placed multiple times next to each other.
Attachment:
Example309.png
Example309.png [ 37.22 KiB | Viewed 5208 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017, 14:56 
Expert
Expert

The day I don't make mistakes you be out of a job :mrgreen:

How did I miss that one .. will fix before I go bed and send to you.

I do intend to make some like this error so can have multiple Island platforms.

Do you think make other platforms with out awnings with the stanchions or do we think players can use the other to fill the gap.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017, 15:15 
Player
Player

Quote:
Do you think make other platforms with out awnings with the stanchions or do we think players can use the other to fill the gap.

Do you mean the platforms with other surfaces then bitumen?
If so, lets get these current ones finished first, ok?

As another thing I noticed is that for the ones with awnings, you have 8 options, but just 4 options for the Bitumen ones, and also the Bitumen ones are not in the same order as the ones with Awnings... For example:
Order Awnings:
1. 2 pylons at either side, at front of tile
2. 2 pylons at either side, at back of tile
3. No pylons, for multiple tracks, at front
4. No pylons, for multiple tracks, at back

Order Bitumen:
1. 2 pylons at either side, at front of tile
2. No pylons, for multiple tracks, at front
3. 2 pylons at either side, at back of tile
4. No pylons, for multiple tracks, at back

Pick an order and stick to that....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017, 15:26 
Expert
Expert

Fixed .. seen what I did wrong, I used the sprite to do the previous platforms with the stanchions .. and forgot to delete them ready for next one I done. Also noticed the beams a bit short too in that set.

Funny part is I have a special file that I make everything on first and then copy over to the sprite when done. Just some parts not copying over and I not noticing it till later or you find it for me. I got to learn to proof read the sprite before saving it.

Some times triple checking for me not enough .. the hardest part is because I know what should be there and don't always notice if it isn't right.

Tomorrow lunch time I have to go get torched at physios after lunch, so I think I will use the morning testing Parts 1 and 2. Leave coding and drawings until Friday.

I've attached all the png files in grf folder if ever like to see any. It getting pretty big. Png's for all projects all in this one folder.

How can I thank you for all the help you been giving me .. very much appreciated.

Cheers pal

EDIT: Just got you last message. I getting you mixed up with my bad wording of things. :)
Quote:
Do you mean the platforms with other surfaces then bitumen?
If so, lets get these current ones finished first, ok?

Every intention finish these platforms and awnings first. Want to get these picture perfect and all combinations needed to build a station however we want.

Haven't finished the bitumen ones yet, ran out of time for today to finish those. The other 4 options I intend to do next. Might get done tomorrow .. if not be Friday.

What the easiest way explain to players that some of the Island Platforms are designed so that one side with the stanchion is the end of platform sets and other side allow multiple platforms other direction? Some of the Island Awnings I have (Single Track Side, multiple other side)

I off to bed and visit dream world .. good night

Attachments:
gfx.rar [4.83 MiB]
Downloaded 237 times
auzstations_3_v001.grf [509.03 KiB]
Downloaded 224 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017, 15:39 
Player
Player

Quote:
Some times triple checking for me not enough .. the hardest part is because I know what should be there and don't always notice if it isn't right.

I can understand that with regards to your condition, buddy!
That is why I am ok with being your extra pair of eyes, but the thing is just that I cant keep up with checking things as you are working sooo fast and making so much great stuff ;-)

Quote:
What the easiest way explain to players that some of the Island Platforms are designed so that one side with the stanchion is the end of platform sets and other side allow multiple platforms other direction? Some of the Island Awnings I have (Single Track Side, multiple other side)

I think the way you word it for the Awning-ones is fine, in combination with the correct menu-graphic I think the graphic says more than words ;-) Also for non-english speaking players.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2017, 01:12 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
can understand that with regards to your condition, buddy!
That is why I am ok with being your extra pair of eyes, but the thing is just that I cant keep up with checking things as you are working sooo fast and making so much great stuff ;-)

Thanks pal :W

When I make something I keep it in a special drawing area so can reuse it for other things if they similar.

Have a look at this psd file see what I mean.

Here one of my work areas for doing the project I on now. The next platforms I be using waiting at the bottom.

The file is actually a bit wider then this and down the left and right sides be other bits and pieces I used previous. I hold on to old bits for a while in case I change my mind and go back to them.

This morning I started looking at each platform I done re-checking the graphics. The first ones I looked at the Wooden Platforms had a small dark patch in one corner, do I removing that dark bit as not looked good.

Cheers pal

EDIT:

Forgot to answer something you asked before .. I deliberate put the light green behind the awnings and platforms so that easier to see the stanchions and beams to see who they are. :)

Attachments:
Overhead construction.rar [25.84 KiB]
Downloaded 232 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2017, 11:10 
Expert
Expert

Just been checking all 3 Parts to the ausstations with a fine tooth comb with only a few broken teeth. I threw the over comb away as it had to many broken teeth.

Fixed the following:

Wooden Platforms .. remove black spots one corner
Bitumen Platforms with out white edges .. some had a white dot along Platform edge.
Some City Tile Buffer Platforms needed resurfacing.
Crashed Ballast Buffers .. incorrect spelling .. should been Crushed Ballast.
Crushed Ballast Buffers .. darkened the bright yellows as you suggested so no look so clean.

Made following Changes:

New tree planted on Binalong Station.
Cobar Station now 4x1 tile length
Buffer stops with ramps removed .. might be added to Part 3.
Added more stations buildings to replace the buffers with ramps.
Added more to Bitumen Island platforms in Part3 and put them in order.
Put platform lights on those bitumen platforms make it a bit easier for me to see any faults.

I think Parts 1 and 2 can be released.

And tomorrow and weekend I hope to do other platform types for Part 3, then hope to have a go making longer station buildings.
Attachment:
Electrified Platforms6.png
Electrified Platforms6.png [ 37.06 KiB | Viewed 5203 times ]

NFOs and GRF zipped up in files. If I release 1 and 2 tomorrow, I will then go through all the GRFs and move all those associated with Parts 1 and 2 into another folder then zip up every thing associated with each part and put copies here when done.

Cheers pal

Attachments:
BackupJuly13.rar [951.83 KiB]
Downloaded 245 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2017, 15:53 
Player
Player

I took the time to take a very close look at just Part-1.
I found some issues.... ;-) Most of them are just graphical, but also a couple of things that should be changed before the Bananas release (with the order of some things)!!

I'll start with those:

- The CityPlatforms Bitumen with Awnings are in between CityPlatforms Tiles
Attachment:
08.png
08.png [ 24.85 KiB | Viewed 5201 times ]

Those should be moved so that they show up after the other CityPlatform Bitumen ones.
This is not just for the "normal" platforms, but also for Single-sided and Island!!

- Empty CityPlatform Bitumen Island is somewhere at the end of all of the CityPlatform Bitumen ones
Attachment:
10.png
10.png [ 34.74 KiB | Viewed 5201 times ]

It should be the second one of the CityPlatform ones (just like with all the other platformtypes, where the empty one is second)
This picture also shows my first remark, regarding moving CityBitumen with Awning.

This gave me a thought though, as you have also made stuff in Part-2 for the various platformtypes..
I really think that you should give the 5 platformtypes their own purchase-menu!!! (by giving them an unique Purchasemenu-ID and Purchasemenu-name)
That way all things related to a certain platformtype is grouped and easy to find, but also when you want to add new things (via Part-2 or Part-3), they dont show up somewhere after another type of platform!!

So make 5 groups:
- Country Platforms Gravel Surface (for example Purchase-ID: ASGR)
- Country Platforms Gravel & Bitumen Surface (ID: ASGB)
- Country Platforms Bitumen Surface (ID: ASBI)
- City Platforms Bitumen Surface (ID: ASCB)
- City Platforms Tile Surface (ID: ASCT)

In each of those groups you can then put the Normal, Single sided and Island versions, all together.

Like I said before, I think it will then be easier for a player to find the things he needs (for example he wants to create a station using only City Platform Tile surface, then he can find all of the options available for that platform-style under one purchase-menu).

I know I didnt do that for the Dutch Station set, but that is because that only has one type of platformsurface, therefor it was better to split it up as Normal, Single-sided and Island. But I really think that in your case it is good to split it up by platformsurface-type...

What do you think about this suggestion?

I will mention the graphical things I saw later, I think this discussion is more important to be had first ;-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 01:23 
Expert
Expert

I though some of those awnings where in Part 2 and not knew how to sort them with Part 1 .. I never thought to just load Part 1 alone to check its orders and do same with Part 2. :oops:

Glad I got you to look after me :W

Had been thinking for awhile to move all the Infrastructure and some Freight things to Part 2 and might make enough room in Part 1 and move all awnings to there.

But your idea making them 5 different groups could be better and maybe put all freight in one of its own too.

Shall work on this today.

Cheers pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 01:42 
Player
Player

Well, it might even be an idea to move all freight/industrial stations/platforms to a separate new grf....
Like AuzIndustrialStations.
At the moment they are just a small part of the current grfs and look a bit out of place in their current location as there are much more passenger related stations...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 02:30 
Expert
Expert

Isn't it a bumma when make changes in the NFO file, renumber it in the nforenum, then convert it to a grf file, start game and all you did not work .. just because forget to copy the grf file over to the newgrf folder. :lol: Sometimes I forget to put it through the nforenum. :lol:

Just did a count with the freight .. there is 71 pieces to it in Part 1

In Part 2 there are 19 Freight associated with the livestock.

90 in Total .. so maybe could be a separate grf. Maybe this should be Part 3 then can release those 3 parts together .. and the platforms with the catenary can be Part 4. This might also allow spare IDs in the others to add to them at a later date for the next versions.

If I move all platforms and awnings to part 1 .. and Part 2 can be stations, non-track tiles, footbridges and buffers.

I'll have a chat to my partner on facebook for an hour then start changing things.

Cheers pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 03:28 
Player
Player

I really think you should offer industrial stations as a separate stand-alone grf. Just imagine what would happen if you start giving industrial stations the same attention as the passenger ones now ;-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 03:33 
Expert
Expert

How's this idea sound.

(Basically put same on other forum).

All freight replated platforms and buildings, move these to a separate grf file.

Part 1: Will have all the Platforms and Platforms with Awnings and Waypoints. (And maybe be Infrastructure).

Part 2: Will have non-tack tiles and stations, footbridges and buffer stops.

Part 3: Will have the platforms that can be used with the catenary (Ones we working on now)

Part 4: Can have all the freight items.

Maybe:

Fantasy Stations that has the car parks could become Part 5

AuzWired Stations might become Part 6.

Also to make easier to find things do your idea of the new menus and I can add Freight and Infrastructure. (I guess this means there be no Normal, Single Sided and Island Platform Menus).

Be something like this:
- Country Platforms Gravel Surface
- Country Platforms Gravel & Bitumen Surface
- Country Platforms Bitumen Surface
- City Platforms Bitumen Surface
- City Platforms Tile Surface
- Freight

Every thing related to Gravel platforms such as platforms, footbridges and buffer stops will all be in one menu.

Same apply to the other types of platforms.

This will free up spaces in Parts 1 and 2 to allow us to add more to them at a later date for future versions.

You been helping me so much as far as I concern this project belongs to both of us. Changing it from "Made by GarryG with much help from Quast65" to "Project of GarryG and Quast65"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 04:50 
Player
Player

Keep freight and fantasy separate, as separate named grfs.
Fill part-1 of passenger grf up to the brim, then continue with part-2.
Keep buffers separate with their own purchase-id within the passenger grfs as there are so many of them. Maybe split them up in country- and city-buffers to make them easier to find.
No needs to credit me that way.
Im off to bed now...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 05:19 
Expert
Expert

Good Night.

At the moment I have moved all freight replayed into their own file so fare called Part 4 so it easier to find while doing all the editing .. can easy change name later.

Like idea make buffers 2 sets .. will do that.

To late I already show you credited :W

Since each platform set will have own menu, I changing the orders they display too .. all normal platforms together, all single sided together and all islands together .. should make easy for all .. I hope.

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 13 of 23   [ 452 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next