It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:22

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 17 posts ]
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2012, 21:38 
Artists Guild

Mundane Template Work Wanted

oberhuemer wrote:
Public announcement as it's a simple and clear-cut task:
Take the attached PNG and save 13 copies. Change the length (and only the length) of the green blocks in each to that in one of the template_[3 through 15] PNG files here: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/cet ... ow/src/gfx. Finally, post them zipped in this topic.
This will allow the actual developers to focus on the harder parts.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2012, 21:24 
Browser
Browser

Leanden wrote:
Mundane Template Work Wanted

oberhuemer wrote:
Public announcement as it's a simple and clear-cut task:
Take the attached PNG and save 13 copies. Change the length (and only the length) of the green blocks in each to that in one of the template_[3 through 15] PNG files here: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/cet ... ow/src/gfx. Finally, post them zipped in this topic.
This will allow the actual developers to focus on the harder parts.

so 13 copies of this PNG but you want them to look like the ones of your link?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 May 2012, 00:03 
Artists Guild

I believe it is to replace the ones on the devzone which are actually wrong. Oberhuemer can provide more details on this, since it is his request ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 May 2012, 00:05 
Artists Guild Team

Yes, the length needs to be changed to match. They are a little slimmer than the old ones and have a more consistent height.
boohey: If you're interested, do one and I'll look at it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 May 2012, 00:26 
Browser
Browser

oberhuemer wrote:
Yes, the length needs to be changed to match. They are a little slimmer than the old ones and have a more consistent height.

through so they do look fatter. ill try template 3 from (smallest) your site and tell me if im doing it right. :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 May 2012, 01:36 
Browser
Browser

boohey wrote:
oberhuemer wrote:

through so they do look fatter. ill try template 3 from (smallest) your site and tell me if im doing it right. :mrgreen:

ok took 10 minutes what do ya think is it right?

new thinner ones
Attachment:
File comment: the new thinner box
template_3_8bpp_normal_rework.png
template_3_8bpp_normal_rework.png [ 7.16 KiB | Viewed 10219 times ]

Fatter ones
Attachment:
File comment: Original Fatter Box
template_3_8bpp_normal.png
template_3_8bpp_normal.png [ 4.97 KiB | Viewed 10219 times ]

Zip file
Attachment:
File comment: New Template Zip
template_3_8bpp_normal_rework.zip [7 KiB]
Downloaded 348 times

8-) hope its right

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 May 2012, 02:22 
Artists Guild Team

Just fine, will get you a big fat mention in the credits if you do all of them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 May 2012, 16:27 
Browser
Browser

ill finish the rest off tonight. :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 May 2012, 16:21 
Browser
Browser

ive noticed in the orginial and the ones ive completed that the increasing in length is not smooth.

example

Attachment:
File comment: issue with size increase
increase problem.png
increase problem.png [ 20 KiB | Viewed 10164 times ]

is this ok or should there be a pattern eg. 1px,2px,1px,2px,

if so will you like me to go through again and fix the problem?

let me know lads

cheers

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 May 2012, 17:33 
Artists Guild Team

If it's not a problem in the normal |/--\ views (columns 1, 4, 7 and 10), you can safely ignore it - but go ahead and fix it if you really see it as an important issue.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 May 2012, 17:58 
Browser
Browser

ill sort it and see if it makes a differences for ya. would make your trains look more consistent instead of one coach or train looking slightly odd shaped to another turning the oppersite way.

ill correct them and see what you think :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 19:25 
Browser
Browser

:mrgreen:

here are your reworked templates. any problems let me know and how can i help more?

any chance you can send me a template that you have made into a train so i can see how you did it and give me a link to a train that you want doing, i fancy a go.

Attachment:
File comment: templates
template_8bpp_normal_rework_CET_Britrain.zip [254.02 KiB]
Downloaded 326 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 00:00 
Artists Guild Team

Some problems, yes.
#1: The image name insinuates they have a palette when they really don't. Palettes for several drawing programs are available here (use DOS).
#2: Some of the transparent blue you're using is very slightly off (0 0 252 instead of 0 0 255). Add a palette to everything and this'll go away.

I haven't drawn a train completely from a template in a while actually, I suppose I could do one if you need it (thinking of an easy one like the Mark 4). You can see in the last column of the tracking table what the current status for everything coded is, but that needs some checking.
Recoloring or resizing some existing sprites is an easier option if you can't wait, although I haven't completed the livery template yet either. All that exist are stored in the subfolders of http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/britrains/repository/show/src/gfx.

Appreciate that you're doing this in any case.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 01:54 
Browser
Browser

oberhuemer wrote:
Some problems, yes.
#1: The image name insinuates they have a palette when they really don't. Palettes for several drawing programs are available here (use DOS).

you on about the name of the file as in template_3_8bpp_normal_rework ??

if so what is the standard names that are used im abit new lol

Quote:
#2: Some of the transparent blue you're using is very slightly off (0 0 252 instead of 0 0 255). Add a palette to everything and this'll go away.

I just realised the palette was the wrong one, i did have it set to DOS palette to start with but restarted the images again and forgot to apply the palette. no problem tho its sorted now (file attached)

Quote:
I haven't drawn a train completely from a template in a while actually, I suppose I could do one if you need it (thinking of an easy one like the Mark 4). You can see in the last column of the tracking table what the current status for everything coded is, but that needs some checking.
Recoloring or resizing some existing sprites is an easier option if you can't wait, although I haven't completed the livery template yet either. All that exist are stored in the subfolders of http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/bri ... ow/src/gfx.[/quote]

ill have a look through your folder ill see what these livery templates are.
i have repainted some aircraft for FS2004 before so i could have a go at doing the livery temps.
they just small square boxs with a simplified livery of the train? for some reason that popped into my head might of see one before.

just made this, these what you mean by a livery template.?

Attachment:
File comment: national express 125 engine
national express 125 train.png
national express 125 train.png [ 3.63 KiB | Viewed 10121 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: national express 125 coach
national express 125 coach.png
national express 125 coach.png [ 3.66 KiB | Viewed 10121 times ]

templates with correct Dos palette

Attachment:
File comment: Templates
CET train Templates.zip [83.82 KiB]
Downloaded 343 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 07:30 
Artists Guild Team

Right, I've committed everything.

Quote:
ill have a look through your folder ill see what these livery templates are.
Pardon my convoluted grammar, I was referring to the currently existing sprites. The status of the actual livery template is right here.
For RAL colors, see (obviously enough) http://www.ralcolor.com/; these drawing guidelines were also designed to help. The sheer variety of private liveries is rather confounding me, so go ahead and standardize some more if you like (but please not down to the most minor event look).
Finally, I'd say you'd be Worthy Of the secret fortress, er private subforum for Britrains by now; allowing general read-only access to it seems a good addition.

Attachments:
liveries_32bpp.png
liveries_32bpp.png [ 47.63 KiB | Viewed 10111 times ]
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 18:09 
Browser
Browser

So the image is your template so far? the RALCOLOR.com is handy its like a praint chart you get on an Airfix model set.

Quote:
The sheer variety of private liveries is rather confounding me, so go ahead and standardize some more if you like (but please not down to the most minor event look).

ill have a look for some more livery does it matter which ones they are? you got a list of company livery you are wanting?

and the minor event look? is that just try a keep it as plain and simple as possible eg. base colors and a logo.

Quote:
Finally, I'd say you'd be Worthy Of the secret fortress, er private subforum for Britrains by now; allowing general read-only access to it seems a good addition.

That would be great, would like to see how uses are getting on. obviously message me on here if you would like me to do anything.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 05:16 
Artists Guild Team

There's a list of companies on Wikipedia, you can go from there. I'll take any livery reasonably common, complicated or not.
Now for the message about the subforum...

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 17 posts ]