It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:29

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2017, 04:54 

:help: Oh my! George at home with fever and from the 18 kids only 10 attended school (similar attendance in the other A grade class too). A schoolmate who brought George his study material is also going to miss school today as she didn't feel so well later in the evening.

I guess the teacher is teaching to a different bunch of kids this week than last week and maybe next week the teacher will be different... :cucko: :cry: :lol:

Anyway I wish a quick recovery to all-parents included*
* Parents are NON replaceable! :twisted:

Apart from that kids are supposed to visit the Athens University Museum this week. I don't know if there will be any kids left to visit the Museum but I guarantee that the statues will all be present! :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017, 02:29 

:( And my prophecy turned true: Children returned, well most of them, and their teacher is now sick. Wife also sick (fever went down and is up again-same with another girl: she became OK and next day was sick again with high fever-now she is doing better) and another kid (Georges' friend) was taken to hospital because it is over 1 week sick with high fever (they didn't keep him though but sent home with instructions).
I wish a quick recovery to all.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2017, 23:05 
Master Mentor

This is a global thing. I know several people who have been infected. The biggest problem is that the doctors do not seem to know how to treat it. My landlord is on his fourth course of treatment. His doctor's comment is "Here! Let's try this and see if that works". Under a microscope it's more like a common cold than a flue virus, but the symptoms are more akin to the flue. Drink lots of fluids such as water, fruit or vegetable juice and eat healthy even if there is no appetite. I like oranges ... they are full of natural vitamin C which is always good when fighting off infections.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2017, 07:16 

It seems that the family I mentioned wasted their time going to the hospital. You are more smart then the doctors! ;) I called them earlier: the kid was without fever for 24 hours and now it has fever again. Wife is feeling extremely dizzy but headache is a bit less. This infection is crazy. I simply cannot get it: there are some types of fever that are periodic (for example fever may come again one week after), but this thing IMO is chaotic.
As for vitamin C, it is useful before you get sick-as a preventive measure. Afterwards it is too late, it won't help much. Anyway I like fruit and I ate kilos of mandarins the previous weeks. A similar amount of oranges was converted to orange juice for George. We have a mandarin tree in our garden but they are sour and small (maybe because it is surrounded by lemon trees?) with many seeds so I buy from the market. And when someone is sick with fever and doesn't have appetite orange juice helps maintain your electrolytes and provide you some energy by adding some sugar.

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]