It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:54

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 8   [ 152 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: INFRA Trains...
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014, 03:50 

A bit more work on it and it would become superb!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2014, 20:41 
Lurker
Lurker

Wow! Some great work has been done here! My original ones look like toys (in more than one way), compared to your current versions.

I would sure like to test drive those long trains, although I definitely couldn't promise any long tester reports (planning has already started for the Lego train meet I'll arrange in March 2015...)

Edit: I think I need to change my signature here...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2014, 23:30 
Simuscape Admin

Thanks! :W

The initial idea when taking over your set was to add more engines, coaches and freight cars, but as I decided to redraw one of the engines I eventually ended up redrawing everything - especially since new lengths came in to business so to speak. And by doing this I realized it would be for the best to simply not include any of the items from your Swedish Trains as well as my own previous additions, since it would be too many differences... :P

The only thing I'm not going to redraw - or even include - in INFRA Trains are the steam engines as I'm not at all ready to take on such a task... but if you feel like giving them a try, please go ahead... :twisted: As it is I'm planning to offer a specific INFRA Steams with your current steam engines included, but it would of course be nice to have them updated for sure...

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2015, 03:05 
Lurker
Lurker

Tjena SAC, and AndersI! Playing with AndersI's set now, combined with the Norwegian set (I am Norwegian after all).

SAC, I saw that you are drawing some Norwegian trains, probably for the most part those who go to Sweden.

Would it be impossible for you to draw the Norwegian trains from the Norwegian train set as well? Or, redraw/recolor them atleast? Norwegian and swedish trains go in both countries, and it would be awesome to have one big Swegian set of trains to use on a Scandnavian map, for instance!

AndersI's old set is awesome, but dated of course, and the Norwegian set died out long long ago. In the meantime, NSB got new liveries, and the old Norwegian set did not have changable liveries except a few very random ones (Melkesjokolade, Milk chocolate, which was in use for a short while on a few trains), and a couple of long-term ones.

I tried to revive the set, but with the lack of coding skills and drawing skills, I had no chance in hell to do this work. You, however, seem to master the pixel work perfectly! I haven't tried the set, and would immediately, if I could swap it directly over AndersI's set now. Sadly, I'd have to change all my current swedish stock to the new set, takes too much time I'm afraid. But I will get around to it when I am done with this game, for sure!

I could provide you with a list of all the trains and coaches, links to pics of them, and what role they did, as far as I know atleast (I am no expert, but I got zhe interwebz).

Jim, Norway

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2015, 09:58 
Simuscape Admin

Tjenna på dig själv Jimmy - and welcome to our place... Always a pleasure to meet more Scandinavian friends interested in TTDLX... :)

As for my INFRA Trains set, I have planned to include some norwegian trains, at least the Bm73b as it's a daily visitor here in Gothenburg... Actually, I'm wondering whether or not the number of passengers have increased lately as there seems to be more trains arriving, and not only the Bm73b but also the Bm70... And I even noticed the Bm73b in its blue livery as well which is quite rare... :)

Then of course we have all the freight wagons, but those are mostly international these days so anything can be made...

At this point only the Dm2 in the old NSB livery is completely done, and only parts of the Bm73b... I seem to have my hands dipping into every bowl on my desk at the moment, trains, buildings, eye candy, bridges... I could surely use 48-hour days really... :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2015, 15:48 
Lurker
Lurker

I live in Fredrikstad, so I see the trains everytime I dare to go outside for some weird reason like food or visiting my brother :D

I know they have swapped the BM70 over to the R20 Oslo-Halden(-Göteborg) after they got the new BM74 and BM75 (FLIRT) to replace them on the R10 Drammen-Lillehammer line (which also was Skien-Lillehammer before, dunno what they are doing).

The BM73(non-b) I have also seen a couple of times, I think they had the BM73b's on service or something. I know that a lot of the BM73's (both) have been in the Netherlands on a big midlife service, to get the new tomato soup livery and all that, so I guess that might be why.

I am playing OTTD, I don't know if there is any particular reason I should not mention that here, seems you are pretty dedicated to TTD?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2015, 21:04 
Simuscape Admin

Ahh, he new FLIRT yes... It's only a matter of weeks until MTR starts their new route between Göteborg and Stockholm using this;

Attachment:
ImageZ100.png
ImageZ100.png [ 423.8 KiB | Viewed 14696 times ]

jimmydanny wrote:
The BM73(non-b) I have also seen a couple of times, I think they had the BM73b's on service or something. I know that a lot of the BM73's (both) have been in the Netherlands on a big midlife service, to get the new tomato soup livery and all that, so I guess that might be why.

So the blue livery is being removed then?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2015, 15:25 
Lurker
Lurker

I think the blue and the red is swapped for the tomato soup livery already seen on some BM73s:
Here alongside the new BM74 FLIRT with the tomato soup design from factory.

It seems like the swedes are taking the Norwegian variant of the FLIRT? If I recall correctly, it was specifically ordered for Norway, probably the snow and all that, so it fits Sweden too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2015, 15:29 
Lurker
Lurker

Better image of the design itself, from a BM69 used in Oslo and Stavanger local service.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2015, 09:42 
Simuscape Admin

The Bm73b I've already started on has the red livery, and once completed it shouldn't be a problem to give it also the blue livery... I need to study this new "tomato-soup" livery further though, but at the moment I'm busy with other TTDLX-graphics... :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2015, 19:53 
Simuscape Admin

Here's a first attempt at a new tanker, this one for Green Cargo;

Attachment:
ImageX648.png
ImageX648.png [ 9.17 KiB | Viewed 14633 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2015, 20:58 
Lurker
Lurker

Happy to see some progress on the set once again! I have been checking in few times a week waiting for it! :)

The wagon looks good, I suppose it's the "Pure Performance" wagon. If so, the scale looks about right. I think it should be about the same length as an RC-engine

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2015, 21:04 
Simuscape Admin

In all honesty I have my hands in quite a large number of projects at the moment, and my only problem is that our creator for some obscure and silly reason decided we'd do fine with 24h-days... :x

And yes, it's the Pure Performance tanker, but I think I've seen a longer version as well... At least that's what I have in mind for the OpenTTD version, (the above image is the TTDPatch-version, although fully workable also for OpenTTD)... :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2015, 14:39 
Lurker
Lurker

Hey SAC! :W Its been awhile.
As I remember You were re-drawing and sizing Your trains in the past. How's that going? Summer is a busy time, but in the future I have some of my own plans and I would like to see some other people achievements. Mostly the size of the trains... I have thought about it a lot. If there's any progress let me know here or via PM :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2015, 14:47 
Simuscape Admin

Hey ISA... :)

I've been having a rather busy summer and as such have had too little time to focus on TTDLX at all, but with most assignments taken care off, I hope to be able to return more frequently as summer ends...

And yes, by that time I'll be focusing on trains for sure... :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2015, 20:02 
Master Mentor

SAC wrote:
I've been having a rather busy summer and as such have had too little time to focus on TTDLX at all, but with most assignments taken care off, I hope to be able to return more frequently as summer ends...
Yes ... SAC is a sunscreen tester. She has to lie on the beach all day to see which lotion offers the best protection. :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2015, 20:26 
Simuscape Admin

Unfortunately it's true Wally... Just wish we had more sun... :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2015, 21:35 
Master Mentor

SAC wrote:
Unfortunately it's true Wally... Just wish we had more sun... :(
Nothing's sadder than an unemployed sunscreen tester, :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2015, 10:34 
Artists Guild Team

ISA wrote:
Hey SAC!
As I remember You were re-drawing and sizing Your trains in the past. How's that going? [...] Mostly the size of the trains... I have thought about it a lot. If there's any progress let me know here or via PM :)

Hej ISA,

IIRC, the plan for SAC´s trains was to adopt the new scheme of coach elongation I´m using for the new DBXL 0.9. IIRC², I had already coded a "test set" for SAC including a couple of Swedish coaches, just to test curve (and obstacle) behaviour in-game.

In case you´re interested in new approaches to "train size", take a look into the last ~20 pages of the DBXL thread in the German tt-forums: http://www.tt-ms.de/forum/showthread.ph ... 4&page=102 (and back), where you can find a couple of in-game screenshots.

Here´s an English translation of the new (DBXL) coach scheme, INFRA trains will have appropriate lengths (12/8):

Attachment:
DBXL_coaches_en.png
DBXL_coaches_en.png [ 20.31 KiB | Viewed 14122 times ]

regards
Michael

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2015, 13:11 
Simuscape Admin

Have a few real life matters I need to address, but then I'm good to go... can't wait to continue drawing my INFRA Trains set again... :)

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 8   [ 152 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next