It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:18

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2014, 08:27 
Simuscape Admin

Whilst being a longterm TTDP-player, I personally have to say that this huge effort by Cirdan, with assist from Supercheese, TrueSatan and Wallyweb, (in terms of distributing Cirdans work compiled in a win32 binary package), is simply wonderful.

It has to be said, a Transport Tycoon community fully dependable on the unilateral work of "official" OTTD devs would have died out ages ago. In fact, it's thanks to community members such as Cirdan that keeps this game well alive and further developed, and for which most of us are very very grateful... :)

Cirdan's work has resulted in me taking the step to move over from TTDP and try out OTTD, especially and in particular due to his work with Custom Bridgeheads, something which - for anyone of you who have seen my TTDLX-cities - is essential for me indeed. And as mentioned in Wallyweb's information the following features has been added to OTTD;

• Custom Bridgeheads, (CBH)
  • Signals in Tunnels
  • Signals on Bridgeheads
  • Multiple Docks per station

So, what else could be asked for? Well, as a player that uses lots of road vehicles, both buses and trucks, I highly depend on WayPoints for everything to run smoothly and efficient. If anything I would like to see more than one possible WayPoint to use that doesn't appear as a busstop or a truckstop in the middle of nowhere...

What else... hmm...

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2014, 02:32 

Many more are essential:
Buses, trains, airplanes not to pass through each other (patch already exists for ships)
Properly scaled trains, ships and airplanes.
Properly scaled airports (some this might be possible by newgrf but I suppose it will glitch horribly).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2014, 22:13 
Lurker
Lurker

Planes that wont go trow a building when landing would be good.

New airport, not the same looking airport with more landing pad and parking for planes, but some new looks. Kinda more realistic, like taxing airplane that are waiting to take off.

More earlier trains but in a pack, excluding anything from the original tycoon.

more road vehicle would be fun, like city bus and intercity bus.

To make it more fun, a real working economy that if its "stable" that mean business will not close down.

Some disaster like oil platform that catch fire, tank boat that have oil leak, plane that crash on city, collision in mid air, trains that derail etc.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2014, 05:03 

I doubt planes not to go through buildings issue can be fixed. There are so many glitches to the game and its ancient code doesn't allow to do much.

For many new stuff you need a new map array which is an enormous task and nobody is willing to undertake it. :-(

RL airports can be done through a grf but how to implement the details/and what is feasible only wallyweb knows/or might figure out while coding. :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2014, 10:46 
Browser
Browser

Airports: Planetmaker has stated in the past that it is possible to rewrite the state machine which controls this. There doesn't seem to be any enthusiasm among the devs to do it themselves, though. But, as demonstrated in OpenGFX+ Airports, you can rotate the airports, and as demonstrated with the Large Airport Patch, you can definitely re-arrange some of the layouts (although I think they're quite ugly in LAP).

More trains/planes/ships/RVs: All handled via NewGRFs. Unless you're referring to the limit on total number of vehicles. Getting beyond that will require a new map array, and honestly would probably take a really fast, modern computer to do it as well.

RoadTypes is a project that definitely needs tackled.

Versions of Infrastructure Sharing that are stable and multiplayer friendly.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2014, 23:41 
Lurker
Lurker

I'm not talking of the vehicle that are the basic of Tycoon. I was referring to what some GRF was offering. Long bus and trucks, more model more realistic.

Been able to have many GRF of trains from many country, from time period. Like the 1800's pack trains from all over the world.

A dock with many boat like you have with trains stations. Like a real port would be good. Boat waiting to load and unload goods (Minerals, woods, etc) ;)

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]