It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:09

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 7   [ 122 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 08:30 
Player
Player

Welcome to the Canadian/North American Graphics Archive ...

Attachment:
Canadian-North American Graphics.png

As many of you are aware this archive contained the earlier and still current (v1.0 releases) graphics files of Canadian/North American Graphics ; they were :

» Canadian Trains (CanSet)
» Canadian Stations (CanStn)
» Canadian Town Names (CANames)
» North American Cities (NACity)
» North American Roads (NARoads)

as well as

» BK Enhanced Tunnels (BKTun)

The maintenance and hosting of these graphics files have now been relocated to Simuscape. They will no longer be available on tt-forum or any other website for that matter. Currently, they are not available for download, they had to be removed for reasons I will not enter into. Should you urgently require a backcopy, while you wait for the updated version to be become available, PM me and I can arrange that.

Currently all of these graphics files are back in my workshop for important updates as they are rather old and almost outdated. It's been more than four years since they were released last.

This topic is for discussions, suggestions, comments and fault reporting regarding all of the above listed graphics files. Your are welcome to make suggestions regarding the currently planned modifications. If there are any issues, that you would like to have addressed, I'll be happy to look into it. However, no new content (with some exceptions) is planned to be added, that'll have to wait for the Canadian Theme Pack.

The To-Do-List is as follows :

All GRFs will have OpenTTD GRF Information (Action14) added, including in-game parameter settings; as well as German and French Translations, where appropriate. Versions will become v1.1/v1.2. Some GRFIDs may change too, if deemed necessary.

In regard to individual modules :

» CanSet v1.0
a) CanSet v1.0 will be renamed CanRail v1.1, in preparation for the release of CanRail v2.0.
b) ECS compatibility will be checked and updated [if necessary].
c) FIRS compatibility will be added.
d) Add flag allowing to reverse vehicles, if appropriate

» CanStn v1.0
(no other updates, than listed above planned)

» CANames v1.0
(no other updates, than listed above planned)

» NACity v1.0
a) NACity v1.0 will be renamed CanCity v1.1, in preparation for the release of CanCity v2.0.
b) Some players have commented on many occasions, that their cities have huge population numbers and the 'production' of passengers is too high. It is very difficult to come up with the right values. However, a new feature to solve this problem will be added.
In general, default values will be reduced by about 20%; plus players will have the ability to adjust the settings (via parameters) for population and cargo production to something between 10 % and up to 200 % of default values. This will allow players to experiment for themselves and to find values that suit them.

» NARoads v1.1
a) Provided I do find an artist or two; and are given permission; I intend to add road tiles matching 8-bit OpenGfx Base Graphics (Landscape).
b) Provided I do get permission; I intend to add the circulating updates of the Total Bridge Replacement set with NARoad surfaces. However, should this task involve too much work, it will have to wait until Canadian Infrastructure (CanBase) v2.0.

Although not strictly part of the above sets

» BKTun v1.2
a) Provided I do find an artist or two; and are given permission; I intend to add tunnel portals matching 8-bit OpenGfx Base Graphics (Landscape).

That should about cover it ...

This topic is now open for discussions and your suggestions are welcome. If they cannot be implemented, they will certainly be considered again for implementation in the Canadian Theme Pack.

EDIT: added BK Enhanced Tunnels to the mix and a further item to CanSet.

Last edited by OzTrans on 14 Apr 2012, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 10:05 
Lurker
Lurker

On GRFcrawler, various Canadian grfs (this & this & this) direct their Download and Discussion links to http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 30&start=0 which is clearly problematic as there is neither a download nor discussion going on in that thread anymore.

Could that be fixed? Perhaps direct the links here once you've got the downloads posted?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 14:41 
Browser
Browser

(assuming the admins will edit the post for him, since he can't do it himself anymore)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 21:10 
Lurker
Lurker

kamnet wrote:
(assuming the admins will edit the post for him, since he can't do it himself anymore)

I'm not referring to any editing at the TT-Forums, but rather editing the GRFCrawler links to point to a better thread (one with actual downloads); I can edit my GRFCrawler entries just fine, so presumably so can anyone else...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 01:48 
Player
Player

Supercheese wrote:
On GRFcrawler, various Canadian grfs [...] direct their Download and Discussion links to ....
Don't worry, GRFCrawler will be updated in due course. The links in GRFCrawler will point to Simuscape in future as discussion and downloads will be at this forum as of yesterday.

I was rather busy with relocation tasks and dealing with the mayhem across the ditch. Any announcements regarding changes or availability of downloads will be made at [Public] General Information in my sub-forum Graphics – Developments by OzTrans;you may want to monitor that topic and you'll not miss a thing. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 12:28 
Lurker
Lurker

So the Can. sets will continue! That is really good news, because I thought they disappeared. I am looking forward to the newest release of my all time favourite sets. Can't wait to play a new artic game with them :) Good luck!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 09:24 
Lurker
Lurker

why, i can't download Canadian/North American Graphics in GRFCrawler, was unavailable.....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 May 2012, 23:51 
Master Mentor

firzafp wrote:
why, i can't download Canadian/North American Graphics in GRFCrawler, was unavailable.....
GRFCrawler does not store the file. It merely provides a link to the download location which, as OzTrans mentioned, is not yet quite ready to go. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 22:44 
Browser
Browser

You got a map of Canada I think ill have to try Canada :) these grfs are amazing

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 15:07 
Simuscape Admin

Noticed a graphics glitch when using NARoads with OTTDs default bridges.
Attachment:
NARoads_w_bridges.jpg
NARoads_w_bridges.jpg [ 47.05 KiB | Viewed 17948 times ]
From what I've seen it only affects the wood and girder steel bridges.
- The wood bridge is being chopped up really no matter what length it is.
- On the girder steel the lower carriageway is transparent and shows the ground underneath.

Simuscape
Site Admin & Developer

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 18:00 
Master Mentor

SlemFreak wrote:
Noticed a graphics glitch when using NARoads with OTTDs default bridges.
OzTrans and I discussed this very issue only yesterday. It has also been observed with the UK roadset as noted here. The TTDX superstructure sprites are not provided by OpenGFX as it uses it's own. The options are to live with the glitch or, better yet, use an independent bridge set such as TBRS. Unfortunately afaik TBRS does not provide NARoads surfaces but then real bridges often have surfaces that vary from the adjoining roads. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 18:10 
Lurker
Lurker

TBRS actually support NAroads. You can download NAroads version Here (TT-forums).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 18:56 
Simuscape Admin

wallyweb wrote:
The TTDX superstructure sprites are not provided by OpenGFX as it uses it's own.
Right, I see.

wallyweb wrote:
Unfortunately afaik TBRS does not provide NARoads surfaces but then real bridges often have surfaces that vary from the adjoining roads.
Yeah, I noticed. I normally use TBRS but switched to the default bridge set to get the right surface. To no avail obiously..

Katve wrote:
TBRS actually support NAroads. You can download NAroads version Here (TT-forums).
Nice! Kudos for posting the link, looks good.

Simuscape
Site Admin & Developer

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 19:44 
Master Mentor

Katve wrote:
Yes, it does, however keep in mind that if you are using one of the train sets that offers narrow gauge rails, narrow gauge is not supported and you will get mag-lev tracks instead.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2012, 18:14 
Lurker
Lurker

Hi for all. Fantastic site.

One question.: where can I download Canadian Stations v1.0 ? I need v 1.0.

Tks.

:W

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2012, 22:37 
Player
Player

Scorpio-BRZ wrote:
... where can I download Canadian Stations v1.0 ? I need v 1.0.
Canadian Stations v1.1 is available for download here.

CanStn v1.0 and v1.1 are almost identical; only GRF Information (Action-14) was added. As for game play v1.1 is the same as v1.0 and fully compatible.

Should you be unable to load v1.1 in an older save game; do the following :

. locate openttd.cfg; you should find it in the main game directory, or may be in your game user directory.
. in [gui] section, locate the entry/flag 'newgrf_developer_tools' and set it to 'true'.
. save openttd.cfg.
. start the game and load the save game and you are in business.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2012, 23:48 
Lurker
Lurker

OzTrans wrote:
Should you be unable to load v1.1 in an older save game; do the following :

. locate openttd.cfg; you should find it in the main game directory, or may be in your game user directory.
. in [gui] section, locate the entry/flag 'newgrf_developer_tools' and set it to 'true'.
. save openttd.cfg.
. start the game and load the save game and you are in business.

I don't think that works if you want to join an online game; you have to have exactly the same GRFs IIRC.

Basically for online games using 1.0, you should petition the host to upgrade to 1.1.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2012, 08:20 
Player
Player

Supercheese wrote:
Basically for online games using 1.0, you should petition the host to upgrade to 1.1.
Correct ... but the issue is the same, it could be upgraded without complications.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2012, 16:59 
Lurker
Lurker

Tks OzTrans and Supercheese.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 05:56 
Lurker
Lurker

Ok I hate to be annoying but I was trying to set up a Push-Pull train, specifically with the GP40TC but everything I've tried has failed

Set 1 : Bi-Level, Bi-Level Cab, GP40TC (Doesnt complain but OpenTTD doesnt let that run)

Anything other then that either complains that I need to have a trailing cab control car, or *Internal Server Error*

BTW I'm playing the Canadian Trainset v1.1 on OPenTTD 1.2.1 (x64) on Windows 7 64bit.

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 7   [ 122 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next