It is currently 12 May 2024, 17:27

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 7   [ 122 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2013, 16:54 
Lurker
Lurker

wallyweb wrote:
Katve wrote:
TBRS actually support NAroads. You can download NAroads version Here (TT-forums).
Yes, it does, however keep in mind that if you are using one of the train sets that offers narrow gauge rails, narrow gauge is not supported and you will get mag-lev tracks instead.

Hi,
Didn't realise that NAroads come together with narrow gauge. I'm working on it right now. Next week there will be a version of TBRS with both implemented, with maglev replaced by narrow gauge that is. :)

Greetings, AraQ

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2013, 00:45 
Player
Player

AraQ wrote:
... Didn't realise that NAroads come together with narrow gauge. I'm working on it right now. Next week there will be a version of TBRS with both implemented, with maglev replaced by narrow gauge that is.
NARoads has only the road/rail crossings for normal, monorail, maglev and narrow gauge. The narrow gauge rail crossings are activated with the use of CanRail.grf and/or NGRail.grf (with relevant parameter set). These 2 GRFs contain both the NG rail track system.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2013, 15:11 
Lurker
Lurker

OzTrans wrote:
AraQ wrote:
... Didn't realise that NAroads come together with narrow gauge. I'm working on it right now. Next week there will be a version of TBRS with both implemented, with maglev replaced by narrow gauge that is.
NARoads has only the road/rail crossings for normal, monorail, maglev and narrow gauge. The narrow gauge rail crossings are activated with the use of CanRail.grf and/or NGRail.grf (with relevant parameter set). These 2 GRFs contain both the NG rail track system.

Ah, I understand. Well, I've just finished a version of TBRS with narrow gauge. I'll post it as soon as possible in the TBRS topic. Later on a snow version will follow. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2013, 01:02 
Player
Player

AraQ wrote:
... I've just finished a version of TBRS with narrow gauge. I'll post it as soon as possible in the TBRS topic. Later on a snow version will follow.
You could get parameter information from NARoads to find out what road system is in use and what rail tracks are in use.

Also, if CanRail v1.1 or higher is loaded, then SG rail, SG electrified rail and NG rail (in the maglev slot) are in use. CanRail v1.5 will be released in the near future; with the new feature of Canadian Rail Tracks and a new GRFID. With regard to your bridges, normal rail and narrow gauge (in the maglev slot) remains unchanged.

However, NARoads is going to be changed shortly too; new GRFID and a new readable-parameter regarding road surface in use.

Snow aware bridges ... would be very nice, but unfortunately there are no snow aware bridges possible. Of course you could provide some snowy bridges, but they would be the same at the coast or high up in the mountains.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2013, 03:49 
Lurker
Lurker

Thanks for your comments
OzTrans wrote:
Snow aware bridges ... would be very nice, but unfortunately there are no snow aware bridges possible. Of course you could provide some snowy bridges, but they would be the same at the coast or high up in the mountains.

I'm aware of that. But when you set the snow level to 2 it's not that strange to have snow or ice on the bridges in level 0 and 1; bridges are the first objects in the wild that get frozen...
The reason for me to cover the bridges with snow is that I'm trying to create a snow covered world from sea level.

Greetings, AraQ

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2013, 09:30 
Lurker
Lurker

I found an bug from the NAroads v.1.1. Road surfaces aren't changing over time. If I start new game pre-1945 and cheat to the 1946 (Or play to there.) road surfaces are still dirty and I checked parameters also. If I start game after-1946 then roads will be bitium. I tested couple of times in new game withouth any other GRF's includes and bug is still there. I am using OpenTTD 1.3.0-beta1

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2013, 10:13 
Player
Player

Katve wrote:
I found an bug from the NAroads v.1.1. Road surfaces aren't changing over time. If I start new game pre-1945 and cheat to the 1946 (Or play to there.) road surfaces are still dirty and I checked parameters also. If I start game after-1946 then roads will be bitium. I tested couple of times in new game withouth any other GRF's includes and bug is still there. I am using OpenTTD 1.3.0-beta1

You have not read the user guide ...

User Guide (page 6) wrote:
How do road surfaces change from one type to another ?

While playing a game a new surface will not become available automatically. Player intervention is required.

You can do one of the following, once a new era in a game has been reached and provided the 3rd GRF parameter has been set to '0' :

a) Open the 'Game Options' menu, select the 'Graphics Status' [TTDPatch] or 'NewGRF settings' [OpenTTD] option, then in the 'GRF Status'/'NewGRF settings' window, click the 'Apply' button followed by 'yes' to confirm [OpenTTD only].

- or -

b) Save the game and reload it, which you will do anyway during the course of a game.

If the era has not been reached yet, nothing will happen; otherwise the new surfaces will be shown immediately.

You must press the Apply button, once you have reached 1946 (regardless, whether you fast forward or not). If you have no Apply button within a game; you need to save the game, then re-load it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2013, 11:17 
Lurker
Lurker

Interesting. I remember older version working automatically? I had one game 1800-2010 and there road surfaces change automatically. And I also did this "apply" think for one game before posting and it worked well, but I still though it should work automatically and did bug report.

Edit. I should have read the user guide before posting anything :oops:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2013, 00:56 
Player
Player

Katve wrote:
... I remember older version working automatically?
That has never worked automatically. These road sprites replace the corresponding sprites in the base set (trg1r or OpenGfx). They are applied using Action-As. Action-A sprites are loaded only at game start and game reload. Pressing the 'Apply' button is the same as game reload.

You may have pressed the 'Apply' button or reloaded the game for unrelated reasons. That action would also have dealt with the roads 'automatically'.

Currently, it is not possible to code NARoads, so that road surfaces change automatically come 1946; otherwise I would have done that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2013, 03:36 

How about a pop up message to prompt the player to do so? Can we use a game script or a 'dummy' AI to do so?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2013, 06:15 
Player
Player

athanasios wrote:
How about a pop up message to prompt the player to do so? Can we use a game script or a 'dummy' AI to do so?
Not to my knowledge ...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2013, 14:30 
Lurker
Lurker

As far as I know, the NA Road set would change when you started building new stuff after 1946 for me. I've never had to manually load the new roads, I have never reloaded a game or pressed the "Apply" button in the new grf settings menu. A similar thing happens with the Canadian station set

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2013, 15:30 
Master Mentor

nekomaster wrote:
... NA Road set...
Yes, any hew roads built will have the new surface, but one needs to click the apply button to bring already built roads up to date, as far as I know. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2013, 00:20 
Player
Player

nekomaster wrote:
As far as I know, the NA Road set would change when you started building new stuff after 1946 for me. I've never had to manually load the new roads, I have never reloaded a game or pressed the "Apply" button in the new grf settings menu. A similar thing happens with the Canadian station set
Don't get me wrong, but I should know how this works, I coded NARoads and Canadian Stations. I just checked that with OpenTTD v1.2.3 and it is still the case ...

NARoads implements the road sprites via Action-A. Action-A sprites are only processed when you start a new game, when you load a save game, or when you press the apply button. Therefore depending what you set the parameter at and the game year, you'll get either dirt/brick or bitumen roads.

Canadian Stations is totally different. In TTDPatch a station built before 1946 will remain brick, a station built after 1946 will be and remain in concrete, because there is a station built date and that is what counts. That date is set when the very first statioon tile is laid. In OpenTTD, the same happens, but should you touch a station by adding a tile or rebuilding a tile, then the station built date is updated and the station may change from brick to concrete immediately if the change happens post 1946.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2013, 12:02 
Lurker
Lurker

OzTrans wrote:
The Canadian Highspeed Rail Track is just about done ...

Your work looks excellent! The new dwarf signal is very nice. Thumbs up!

However I am not sure if the max speed of the standard track is set too high. Using 100 mph would allow any player to keep a network built up at the very beginning of the game to remain untouched for the entire game as all freight trains and most passenger trains will never move at such a high speed. My idea was to keep the standard track much slower, say at 50 mph, so the player is forced to upgrade her/his network if fast moving trains (freight and passenger) are desired and faster locomotives are available.

However, these I my thoughts...

BTW, here is the announced, delayed report about the wrong cargo refit information concerning the small ore hopper. As shown in the refit window, the cargo of the small hopper is the same as for the modern hopper. The german refit information in the purchase window states the small hopper can be refittet to 30 tonnes of iron ore. The english version does not show up this information.
Attachment:
Ore_Hopper_Description_20130223.png
Ore_Hopper_Description_20130223.png [ 46.14 KiB | Viewed 9183 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2013, 03:01 
Player
Player

Last edited by OzTrans on 13 Jun 2013, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2013, 22:28 
Lurker
Lurker

OzTrans wrote:
Thank you ... I hope to release it within a month, I've got a few more changes to implement first though.

Great!

Thank you for your answer about the tracktypes. We are looking forward for any release...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2013, 05:40 
Lurker
Lurker

Hi.

Anyone know why I get incompatible grf when trying to run NARoads 1.1a with OpenGFX+ Airports 4.1?

AraQ wrote:
Ah, I understand. Well, I've just finished a version of TBRS with narrow gauge. I'll post it as soon as possible in the TBRS topic. Later on a snow version will follow. :)

Could you link the file please?
I could only find a NARoads version In the TBRS thread, but none that'd replace the ugly maglev tracks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2013, 07:35 
Browser
Browser

If I recall correctly (and I may be wrong) I believe they are incompatible due to a conflicting GRF ID in the two sets. The next version of CanRoads (upgrade from NARoads) will move to a new GRF ID naming scheme. As for the narrow gauge rail level crossings, they're only activated when you run CanRails.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2013, 20:52 
Lurker
Lurker

So nothing can be done to get full snow aware airports in changing seasons right now? :(

Level crossings?
I wanted TBRS bridges with NAroads surface for road bridges and CanRails narrow gauge instead of Maglev bridges.

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 7   [ 122 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next