It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:28

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 7   [ 122 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 10:36 
Player
Player

nekomaster wrote:
... I was trying to set up a Push-Pull train, specifically with the GP40TC but everything I've tried has failed ...
I have no problems with it. There were a few problems with CanRail v1.1; an update has been made available (CanRail v1.1a, dated 6 Aug 2012). Try the update ...

Attachment:
GMD GP40TC.png

The Bi-Level Cab Car comes in 2 flavours, i.e. Go-Transit and CPR, when building a push-pull train with the GMD GP40TC, you need a GO-Transit Cab Car (purchased at random). The coaches will change livery automatically once attached. With a Cab car up front, you need to start with a GO cab car, attach the coaches, then the GP40TC [train #2]. If you have a CPR cab car, you can only attach an F7 engine [train #3].

I hope this helps ...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 22:55 
Lurker
Lurker

OzTrans wrote:
nekomaster wrote:
... I was trying to set up a Push-Pull train, specifically with the GP40TC but everything I've tried has failed ...
I have no problems with it. There were a few problems with CanRail v1.1; an update has been made available (CanRail v1.1a, dated 6 Aug 2012). Try the update ...

Attachment:
GMD GP40TC.png

The Bi-Level Cab Car comes in 2 flavours, i.e. Go-Transit and CPR, when building a push-pull train with the GMD GP40TC, you need a GO-Transit Cab Car (purchased at random). The coaches will change livery automatically once attached. With a Cab car up front, you need to start with a GO cab car, attach the coaches, then the GP40TC [train #2]. If you have a CPR cab car, you can only attach an F7 engine [train #3].

I hope this helps ...

I tried doing that but nothing I do works, I keep getting an Internal Set Failure >_>

I've also tried changing the reversing option from reversing at stations and reversing at the end of lines and neither helps.

EDIT : OK, for some reason, trying to build a passenger/mail train before 1980's causes a internal set error. I don't have any other train sets and the only thing I have in the CanRail parameters enabled is new cargo support (for FIRS).... and I just finished building my first realistic railroad in a long time

EDIT 2 : This is getting weird, sometimes I can make a passenger train, sometimes I get a internal set error. It usually seems to appear when I make a nice big railroad, then I make a train.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012, 07:28 
Player
Player

nekomaster wrote:
... I keep getting an Internal Set Failure ...
Have you updated to CanRail v1.1a ? The problems you described have been fixed in CanRail v1.1a (6 Aug 2012).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2012, 17:28 
Lurker
Lurker

OzTrans wrote:
nekomaster wrote:
... I keep getting an Internal Set Failure ...
Have you updated to CanRail v1.1a ? The problems you described have been fixed in CanRail v1.1a (6 Aug 2012).

I am using v1.1a from August 6th, in fact I didn't know this place is where the update was until after v1.1a was released.

Anyways, its still acting weird, like I said, sometimes I can't use passenger, and sometimes I can.

Btw I'm using the 64-bit version of OpenTTD (Windows 7 64-bit and 6GB RAM)

EDIT : I think it may be due to NuTracks... this set doesnt like nutracks does it?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2012, 21:35 
Player
Player

nekomaster wrote:
... sometimes I can't use passenger, and sometimes I can. ...
Send me a save game with a description what you want to build.

Quote:
... it may be due to NuTracks... this set doesnt like nutracks does it?
CanRail runs on normal and electrified rail, as well as narrow gauge, which is implemented in the maglev slot.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 18:48 
Lurker
Lurker

OzTrans wrote:
nekomaster wrote:
... sometimes I can't use passenger, and sometimes I can. ...
Send me a save game with a description what you want to build.

Quote:
... it may be due to NuTracks... this set doesnt like nutracks does it?
CanRail runs on normal and electrified rail, as well as narrow gauge, which is implemented in the maglev slot.

Like I said, it doesnt seem to work when I use Nutracks so I solved my problem, just play with out nutracks until its supported. Trying to build on anything aside from very low speed tracks causes Canset to freakout

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 20:09 
Lurker
Lurker

Hi OzTrans,

With CHIPS 1.0.0 and Canadian Trains 1.1a, CHIPS has garbled sprites for NG stations (CHIPS relies on baseset sprites for ground tiles). Yexo thinks this is likely a GRM issue with one of the grfs, but we haven't been able to figure out which yet.

CHIPS is on bananas or here: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/chips/releases/

I'm probably around on #openttd irc channel if you want to figure this out. :)

cheers,

Andy

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2012, 07:57 
Player
Player

andythenorth wrote:
... CHIPS has garbled sprites for NG stations (CHIPS relies on baseset sprites for ground tiles).
When using TTD sprites for station tiles you'll get this problem with any track type other than 'normal'. The problem is with your CHIP set. It simply comes to light when using CHIP station tiles from the [CanRail] NG station menu. The same occurs if you were just using CHIP tiles from the 'MagLev' (or even Monorail) station menu.

GRF Specifications wrote:
Depending on the railtype the sprites may get additional offsets:
Normal/electrified rail Monorail Maglev
TTD sprites 0 82 164
Action 1 sprite (first ground sprite) 0 1 2
Action 1 sprite (other sprites in the layout) 0 0 0

So, TTD sprites and the first ground sprite are affected by the railtype, while other action 1 sprites in the layout are not. The offset "82" refers to the offset between the default TTD track sprites; if you are using non-track ground sprites which are not from an action 1, you need to supply fake spritenumbers which preemptively reverse the offsets (that is, you need different sprite layouts for every railtype your station is available for).

There is a lot of work for you to fix CHIPS ...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2012, 18:26 
Lurker
Lurker

OzTrans wrote:
I knew all of that and had worked around it by allocating the required sprites +164 via grm (so each sprite is present 3 times in the grf). However for this particular tile a baseset sprite was used (I wasn't aware of that until just now). Thanks for your help by identifying the issue, it's indeed a problem in CHIPS and not in CanRail.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2012, 18:38 
Lurker
Lurker

I added one base tile to CHIPS which caused this issue. Will be resolved. Thanks for help.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2012, 00:07 
Lurker
Lurker

would there still happen to be a download of the 1.0 version of the canadian station set? i would like to download it so i can play in romazoons server, im honestlly shocked the archive dosnt have it still around :l as far as i can see.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2012, 02:11 
Lurker
Lurker

Matt1 wrote:
would there still happen to be a download of the 1.0 version of the canadian station set? i would like to download it so i can play in romazoons server, im honestlly shocked the archive dosnt have it still around :l as far as i can see.

Romazoon hasn't upgraded to 1.1?! Pester him (incessantly) to do so, that is the best solution.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2012, 15:47 
Lurker
Lurker

I hope this is the right place for my feedback:
When I tried this updated version of CanRail, I noticed the FP7 smoke is placed somewhere in front of the engines, while it is placed correctly on other engines (I tried GE Evolutions, EMD SD60, MLW FAs, etc.). I remember this bug was also present in the old version, but if I remember correct, all diesels where affected.

Anyway I am very happy to see the CanRail is further developed and I am looking forward for any progress with this set.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2012, 17:47 
Player
Player

ogremagie wrote:
... the FP7 smoke is placed somewhere in front of the engines, while it is placed correctly on other engines ...
I must have missed the FP7, when I fixed the fault of the misplaced diesel fumes. Shall be fixed in the next update. Thank you for reporting it.

Quote:
I remember this bug was also present in the old version, but if I remember correctly, all diesels where affected.
That bug was introduced by OpenTTD when the positioning of visual effects for other than steam engines was introduced. I fixed it in CanRail v1.1a when I became aware of the problem.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2012, 18:13 
Lurker
Lurker

OzTrans wrote:
That bug was introduced by OpenTTD when the positioning of visual effects for other than steam engines was introduced. I fixed it in CanRail v1.1a when I became aware of the problem.

Yes, I remember this was introduced by OpenTTD aswell as the "no-more-turning-vehicle"-feature that caused chaos in many sets .

Just two other remarks/questions about the narrow gauge trains: First, there are no tractive effort related informations on narrow gauge locomotives. Further more, the refittet narrow gauge container car carries more iron ore (or bauxite, etc.) than the standard gauge ore car can handle. Is this intentional?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2012, 19:36 
Player
Player

ogremagie wrote:
... the "no-more-turning-vehicle"-feature ...
That one was updated in CanRail v1.1 too.

Quote:
... there are no tractive effort related informations on narrow gauge locomotives. ...
None on standard gauge either. Has TE information ever been shown in OpenTTD ?
Attachment:
TTDP Pur List.png

Attachment:
OTTD Pur List.png

Quote:
... the refitted narrow gauge container car carries more iron ore (or bauxite, etc.) than the standard gauge ore car can handle. Is this intentional?
No it is not. It should be less than the standard gauge ones. The 2 SG ore cars should be 30 t and 45 t respectively and the NG ones, I would say, 25t and 35 t. More to update.

... and the purchase costs should be adjusted too to reflect the carrying capacity.

Further, reliability seems to be treated differently in OpenTTD too. That GMD G8 gets 78% in TTDPatch and 100 % reliability in OpenTTD when purchased.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2012, 10:27 
Lurker
Lurker

OzTrans wrote:
...None on standard gauge either. Has TE information ever been shown in OpenTTD ?

Well, while your screenshot does not show them, my screenshot does :?
Attachment:
File comment: Trainselection in OpenTTD 1.2.2
Trainselectiontables_19500101.png
Trainselectiontables_19500101.png [ 19.32 KiB | Viewed 9596 times ]

I checked if I hit an option that is normally inactive... but this picture was "shot" with no other grfs exept for CanRail and FIRS, with no paramters set, interfering newgrfs are not present.
I am running OpenTTD 1.2.2, on an 64bit Ubuntu desktop (but I think that has nothing to do with it).

As far as I remember, tractive effort values were always shown in OpenTTD, thus making e.g. the main difference between the later GE-Units with AC or DC traction motors visible and justifying their different costs.

EDIT: I checked other game dates, other engines: standard gauge engines always show up their tractive effort capacities. There is also a small typo in the german narrow gauge train selection list. It's not "Smallspur", it's "Schmalspur" .

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2012, 15:25 
Artists Guild Team

The problem is that narrow gauge is coded as maglev, which doesn't use tractive effort because there's no friction to speak of; it would work as monorail (or a new track type, which wouldn't be TTDPatch-compatible). To show/hide tractive effort for regular trains, enable/disable realistic acceleration in the advanced settings. This isn't really a new option.

And by the way, it should be "zufällig", not "wahllos", "hölzerner/stählerner <X>wagen" not "<X>wagen "Holz"/"Stahl" ", "Personenwagen" rather than "Passagierwagen", and Santa Fe is misspelled. Just pointing it out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2012, 17:18 
Player
Player

ogremagie wrote:
OzTrans wrote:
...None on standard gauge either. Has TE information ever been shown in OpenTTD ?
Well, while your screenshot does not show them, my screenshot does
I didn't have Realistic Acceleration' turned on; so that answers that question. As for narrow gauge ... there is not much I can do about it. I could add TE information as additional vehicle information though.

Quote:
... typos ... German translations ...
Will be corrected, thank you.

The reason why I used "... wagen 'Holz'" instead of "hölzerner ... wagen" is one of length. There is limited space and such things in German tend to get a bit long.

Here are the vehicle descriptions of all wagons (german) ...
Code:
Autotransportwagen
Containerwagen
Containerwagen 'doppel'
Dienstpersonalwagen
Doppelstock Personenwagen
Einheits-Schüttgutwagen
Erz Schüttgutwagen
Erz Schüttgutwagen 'modern'
Express Güterwagen
Flachbettwagen
Grossraum Güterwagen
Güterwagen
Heizungswagen 'Dampf'(SGU)
Kesselwagen
Kesselwagen 'modern'
Kühlwagen
Niederbordwagen
Personenwagen 'Holz'
Personenwagen 'leicht'
Personenwagen 'Stahl'
Postwagen 'Holz'
Postwagen 'leicht'
Postwagen 'Stahl'
Rungenwagen
Schüttgutwagen
Schüttgutwagen '2 Abteile'
Schüttgutwagen '3 Abteile'
Schüttgutwagen 'geschlossen'
Schüttgutwagen 'Holzspäne'
Schwerer Personenwagen
Schwerer Postwagen
Stahlrollentransportwagen
Strassenlaster
Tiefladewagen 'Intermodal'
Tiefladewagen 'Mittelbalken'
Viehtransportwagen

Any suggestions to improve them are welcome ...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2012, 00:22 
Artists Guild Team

Came up with this, tried to keep it short.
Code:
Autotransportwagen
Containerwagen
Doppelstockcontainerwagen
Güterzugbegleitwagen
Doppelstockpersonenwagen
Einheitsschüttgutwagen
Erzwagen
Erzwagen (modern)
Expressgutwagen
Flachwagen
Geschl.[ossener] Güterwagen (Großraum)