It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:42

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 19 of 19   [ 374 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2017, 06:45 
Expert
Expert

Hi all,

I starting new object sets. These I been working on getting to cluttered and almost full .. not much room left unless I make new add-on sets, so I thin better I take notice what Quast65 suggested many moons ago in May last year.

That is to split them so each has it own object sets, as mentioned above.

The new sets I have started to make and I think I do here same as I did in the other forums .. start a new forum here called AuzObjects.

So that the original files will always be available I be renaming the new sets.

At the moment the sets are:

AuzObjects_Electricity (at the moment has sub-stations, power poles and wires, and telephone wires)
AuzObjects_BridgesAndEmbankments (has Fake bridges, Embankments and Culverts)
AuzObjects_FakeRailwayLines (Fake railway sidings .. basically designed for scenario building so can map out where you intend railway lines should go. Also good for game play as also has fake sidings with rolling stock)
AuzObjects_Farms (Has farm buildings, animals, farm machinery and some vehicles (trucks))
AuzObjects_Fences (Has variety of fences suitable for town, farms, and security fences to place around business etc)
AuzObjects_Landscape (Has a variety of landscape, terrain tiles and fake rivers, creeks and lakes. Most are slope away. If your plating Temperate and like a little snow on those high mountains, or maybe some of your hills want more rocks.
AuzObjects_Rail (Has signal boxes, water towers, coal stage, fettlers sheds, stations, and other buildings and infrastructure that you will find associated with rails)
AuzObjects_RecreationAndLeisure (Has Golf Course, Cricket, Caravans, Tents and log cabins)
AuzObjects_Roads - (Has fake UK roads that run north-south and east west and also Rest areas. I intend to add some other road designs and anything else that is associated with roads).
AuzObjects_Towns - (Here I putting houses, shops and other buildings you find associated with towns and cities .. when I get a good collection here I hope to use them to make a Town Set)
AuzObjects_WaterFeatures - (Has Wharves, ships (sailing ships and fishing trawler .. will add more), Dams and Storm Water Drains .. will add more objects associated with water).

If any one would like to contribute to these sets your more then welcome to send me your ideas and designs.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2017, 00:35 
Expert
Expert

Quast65 wrote:
I found some old circles I drew a long time ago, they might help

Thanks for these .. I have a few uses for curved objects and buildings, so these should help me heaps.

I have a locomotive shed to make with a curved roof and the 75' Turntable pit to fix to start with.

Thanks pal

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2017, 05:50 
Expert
Expert

Playing around with both AuzInd160 and the AuzObject sets so they can be used together.

I been making some Gantry Cranes and Access Roads.
Attachment:
GoodsShedAndGantryCraneidea 2.png
GoodsShedAndGantryCraneidea 2.png [ 513.89 KiB | Viewed 6738 times ]

These are in AuzObjects_Rail version 3 which will be released on Bananas eventually.
In the mean time you and give it a try if like.
Attachment:
AuzObjects_Rail.grf [2.88 MiB]
Downloaded 314 times

There are 3 types of Gantry Cranes so you can overlap them with roads and rails if like .. or use them with the Fake Rails I done. The cranes will be found under AuzObjects_Rail: Rail Freight Facilities.

The Acess Roads can be found under AuzObjects_Rail: Access Roads.

Still a few minor road works to be done. Some roads glitch with some fake rail sets. Also like to design a loading bay with the gravel roads behind the Goods Shed in this pic.

Cheers

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2017, 09:10 
Expert
Expert

Added some more Access Roads and level crossings to AuzObjects_Rail set.

Also altered the graphics to Goods Sheds, Loading Bank and Wool Dumps so they will match up properly with the NEW Gantry Cranes.

Hope to release on Bananas late in week after I test a few more times see if I can add anything else.

If like to help me test here's the file.
Attachment:
AuzObjects_Rail.rar [712.7 KiB]
Downloaded 338 times

Here's a sample pic of what I been doing.

Attachments:
AccessRoads-1.png
AccessRoads-1.png [ 184.13 KiB | Viewed 6729 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2017, 07:59 
Expert
Expert

When I was making these Access Roads for railway sidings .. something didn't look right, but didn't come to mind what it was.

Thanks to Pyoro on other website he reminded me what it was. Railways did lay gravel on top of crushed metal dust (crushed ballast), and I should have realised it. Must be old age getting to me.

Even the photos I have taken when I with railways does not show gravel on access roads where ballast dust already been laid. In some cases it was other way around the dust was laid over the ballast.
As this photo shows .. the Wool Dump and Loading Bank has metal dust and so does under the gantry crane and the road in between.
Attachment:
Euabalong West.png
Euabalong West.png [ 312.54 KiB | Viewed 6722 times ]

I took this photo back in the 1980s when I was Station Master there. Passenger train is called The Silver City Comet. Entered service in June 1937 and was Australia's first diesel hauled Air-Conditioned train and was often clocked doing 160 km per hour. It heading from Broken Hill to Orange. The freight is either Adelaide or Perth bound. The Wheat Train is loading wheat for a flour mill in Sydney.

The track to far left goes to 2 other sidings which used to be a locomotive siding with turntable when station opened in 1919. When I was there the sidings stored Track Machines and also had 6 water columns fed from a nearby Water Tower. Used to fill water wagons here and trains would deliver it to places out west such as Matakana, Roto, Trida, Ivanhoe, Darnick and on to Menindee where they had facilities to top of the water train for stations between there and Broken Hill.

Anyway .. I be removing the gravel access roads from the AuzObjects_Rail set.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017, 01:42 
Expert
Expert

Looking at ideas of changing many of the AuzObject sets especially the AuzObject_Rail.

Looking at these Livestock Off ramps.
Attachment:
ObjectswithoutFakeRails.png
ObjectswithoutFakeRails.png [ 31.12 KiB | Viewed 6712 times ]

As can be seen the ramp can be used on its own for trucks, or used with fake railway lines or real railway lines.

Yet for some silly reason not known to my self .. all the loading banks, wool dumps, goods sheds and a few others, I made 2 of each and included the fake rails and fake wagons.
Attachment:
ObjectLoadingBanks.png
ObjectLoadingBanks.png [ 23.11 KiB | Viewed 6712 times ]

Silly me :cucko: .. I should have designed them the same as the Livestock off Ramps and allow players to decide how to use them. Can add fake rails from the AuzObjects_FakeRailwayLines, can add Wagons from the AuzOjects_FakeTrains, or can use real railway lines from in game.

So back to the drawing board to redesign some of the objects and make a lovely big Jigsaw puzzle where can build your own anyway you wish.

Also changing the goods sheds .. where I have some taking up 2 squares or more. Design them to take up one square only and can then join them like a puzzle if players want bigger sheds.

Cheers

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017, 13:53 
Expert
Expert

Been adding fishing Industries to my AuzInd160 set .. hope to release it on Bananas in a few days time.

But in case you like the Oyster farms and Fish Farms larger .. will be making some objects to add to them.
Attachment:
Oyster Lease-1.png
Oyster Lease-1.png [ 222.07 KiB | Viewed 6679 times ]

This pick has both the Oyster farm Industry and some Oyster Lease Objects.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2017, 03:31 
Expert
Expert

Was asked sometime ago by "TTDFanDNUA" if could build a object power station. His suggestion was for a Nuclear Power Station.

I finely gave it a try and come up with this result.
Attachment:
Nuclear Power Station.png
Nuclear Power Station.png [ 32.93 KiB | Viewed 6635 times ]

I stole the buildings from:
The Cooling Towers are default towers that come with the game .. (Steam is not animated .. as I don't know how to code animation yet)

Office buildings and chimneys stolen from FIRS 1.4.3.

Blue tanks and Dome Building stolen from ISR/DWE Object sets.

The long white buildings stolen from Modular Locomotive Depot.

Wonder how look at a Industry Power station and what would it accept?

Anyway if like to try and tell me what you think .. what think about these objects that is .. not what ever else is on your mind as may not be allowed to print it here :) .

Attachments:
AuzObjects_LandAndWater.grf [2.01 MiB]
Downloaded 284 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2017, 05:00 

Cooling towers seem to need some more work. But I may be wrong as the shot you provide is not normal zoom. Can you provide a better shot?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2017, 06:53 
Expert
Expert

athanasios wrote:
Cooling towers seem to need some more work. But I may be wrong as the shot you provide is not normal zoom. Can you provide a better shot?

Usually when you leave me a message I get a email to tell me, but none arrived.

The cooling towers blown out version of the original default power station. Try it in the attached files and see if you think more work needed.

I been doing more work to the Power Station and I added some Irrigation Channels.
Attachment:
Irrigation Channels.png
Irrigation Channels.png [ 245.88 KiB | Viewed 6616 times ]

Attachment:
Power Plant3.png
Power Plant3.png [ 30.88 KiB | Viewed 6616 times ]

In AuzObjects_LandAndWater in Power and Substation section will find all the buildings shown in pic above as well as concrete slab, mowed lawns and fountains.

Fountains courtesy of VAST Object sets.

In AusObjects_Landscape you will find the Irrigation Channels.

I no one find any faults or have an idea for any additions hope to release on Bananas by the weekend.

Attachments:
AuzObjects_Landscape.rar [1.04 MiB]
Downloaded 302 times
AuzObjectsLandAndWater.rar [491.72 KiB]
Downloaded 298 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2017, 00:32 
Expert
Expert

Just released Version 6 of AuzObjects_LandAndWater and Version 3 of AuzObjects_Landscape on Bananas.

LandAndWater has the Power Station onjects.

Pyoro and I joined forces and we have combined his Forest Objects with my Landscape Objects.

Landscape also has the Irrigation Channels.

Attachments:
AuzObjectsLandAndWater.rar [492.1 KiB]
Downloaded 303 times
AuzObjects_Landscape.rar [1.04 MiB]
Downloaded 311 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2017, 03:21 

Sorry for nuking your plants :lol: :
Compare left with right to get an idea. OK, I should work on the cooling tower sprite alone but as usual I am a bit lazy. 8-)
As for the lost email ... AND the rogue pixels ruining your artwork don't blame me. It's the e-pigeons who did it! :mrgreen:

Attachments:
Power Plant3_howto.png
Power Plant3_howto.png [ 16.79 KiB | Viewed 6610 times ]
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2017, 08:48 
Expert
Expert

athanasios wrote:
Sorry for nuking your plants :

You look sorry to :mrgreen:

A few pixels I manage to fix .. around the bottom of some cooling towers where some dark pixels that needed to be lighter and those with steam could see some dark pixels between the steam and the top of the tower .. unless these are chunks of coal being spat out I think these should be steam colour too.

All been fixed in the versions released above and on bananas.

Cheers

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2018, 05:41 
Expert
Expert

Doing some work to the Object Sets again.

Looking at players scenarios who use these sets given me a few ideas.

I made changes to the AuzObjects_Fakeroads and AuzObjects_Fences.

The Fake Roads looked bare with out any vehicles .. so I added a few.

When entering farms I had no gates to go with the Gravel and Dirt Roads .. so I added some Gates and Cattle Grids to those roads.

If changing from Gravel to Dirt and Dirt to Dirt Tracks the connections didn't look good so made some transition pieces to try improve on this.
Attachment:
Transition Roads Gates and Grids.png
Transition Roads Gates and Grids.png [ 387.41 KiB | Viewed 5936 times ]

Hope do some more later.

Vehicles coutesy of PolRoads and Cars CSStations.

Attachments:
AuzObjects_Fences.rar [250.24 KiB]
Downloaded 309 times
AuzObjects_FakeRoads.rar [127.63 KiB]
Downloaded 294 times

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 19 of 19   [ 374 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19