It is currently 16 May 2024, 22:57

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2014, 05:42 
Lurker
Lurker

As if the TT-forums was not already polluted by this set, I bring it here as well for a showcase. After all, Simuscape has this dark comfy feel to it for posting graphics.

Right now the set has many graphics and has been coded, but we haven't gotten around quite yet for an actual release to the public. You can follow about the set on the TT-Forums! Or here instead. ;)

Below are the graphics should you feel the need for constructive criticism. Much have argued about the shadows and lighting lately, of which I barely interpreted :roll:

The graphics are by me, Andrew350, and TinyMusic (I like to call him Putin);
and our Godly coder Quast.

Extra coders and artists are nice to have, so don't feel scared. :help: I prefer to draw TV towers and skyscrapers as you can see, I get a bit bored with old architecture; so that church took me days to make.

As far as the graphics, the objects I drew are free for others to modify to their own needs as long as you ask politely/notify me by message or post :D

Development on TT-forums, where you can download it when its released!
http://78.46.235.130/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=68936&sid=1d68d0a31558c0f71962aec12a7946d6

Attachments:
File comment: Current flag objects. the fencing and light poles are removed in an edit, which I don't have :P
Flags.PNG
Flags.PNG [ 12.11 KiB | Viewed 4417 times ]
File comment: The graphics! Right now I mainly drew for the city of Munich. But other worldwide landmarks can be seen drawn. The Monas (tower with fire on top) was drawn by Tinymusic, while the Space Needle (The shorter of towers) was drawn by Andrew350.
Preview.PNG
Preview.PNG [ 68.83 KiB | Viewed 4417 times ]
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2014, 00:36 

The last sprite begs for 32bpp.
-
The church windows might need some more work.
-
We could also argue about the direction of the wind! :mrgreen:
-
Can you also add some more flags? Aka Greek and Australian (aah, the latter is impossible to draw forget it)?
Ops: 1 more pixel added (height) on the pole to look better. And 1 pixel I removed from bottom of flag. See Greek flag sample. Note that this is a variation of the Greek flag, as official one is more hard to draw with so few pixels available. I prefer this, but why is another offtopic story.

An issue(?): To fit with the perspective the flags could be 1 or 2 pixels longer. SAC,, wally what is your opinion btw?

Attachments:
File comment: 32bpp color depth. I didn't convert to 8bpp.
greek_flag.png
greek_flag.png [ 1.8 KiB | Viewed 4407 times ]
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2014, 09:31 
Master Mentor

The Canadian flag looks good.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 23:31 
Simuscape Admin

Oh my, that is some interesting graphics there Hans! :)

Personally I like the church the most, but I think the roof top could use a bit more improvements for that perfect look!

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]