It is currently 17 May 2024, 17:07

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Coal mine
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2013, 02:14 
Lurker
Lurker

As said...
Copy from tt-forums ISA drawings thread May 08, 2012
Quote:
So I have worked some time behind the scene in Paint and thought that I should show some of the work what I have done...
Here comes the yet another coal mine, this time shaft mine... It is re-sized, re-drawn and recolored from Locomotion's Zimmlock coal mine (special thanks to him, let me use and redraw it). This animation is mock up, but every building and ground tile is separate sprite to let us have different variations of that coal mine. The buildings You see have 3 different views, except the shaft mine/conveyor belt building, there's only one, the one You see on the animation, because I think we dont need any other complicated view, what in Paint would take awhile to draw! There also are snowy versions too! Also I changed the shaft mine building, I redo (actually deleted) the little building what is attached to the bigger one, now I can put two buildings next to each other. Also, dont mind the ground tiles (those dark ones, made them because it was easier to great the animation). Also I should thank Oz (haven't seen him century's) because the color what I chosen for those buildings (this color scheme is one of my favorites), clearly represents his work, even tough the colors I have chosen myself.

About this particular coal mine...
As said it a mock up, but I have some kind of working grf also, the coder was lost after few trys. As I'm at work and not be near my computer any time soon I can't show the whole package. I have regular sprites, snowy ones, ground tiles (not those dark one seen on the mock up), and now working on building stages at very early stage... Bit confused and I have toughts that would I need building stages after all!? The mine .gif is the last one on the post!

About my other work... Mostly what I have done is little one or two tile objects and ofcourse locomotives and wagons what I enjoy to draw the most! But there are few bigger ones. Ill post the work what I have released so far as I can show them with my work computer. Some of You may already seen them!

So I think that's it for now!

edit: Screenshots removed (for new topic)

Last edited by ISA on 11 Nov 2014, 14:09, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Coal mine
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2013, 08:38 
Simuscape Admin

I recognize a few of them, but very nice indeed... :)

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2013, 12:29 
Browser
Browser

With the growth of NewObjects, you could insert your coal mine building of your choice, and then design the rest of the strip mine around the area using NewObject overlays. I mentioned in that thread that it would be great if vehicles could drive down into the mine to pick up their load. With converting this over to NewObjects, that would be entirely possible now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2013, 13:29 
Artists Guild

:o Whoa! Those are very impressive pieces of work! I like your thoughts on adding variability. Not always easily implemented, but that's the challenge (and fun) of drawing in the TT fashion. Maybe just a few size / shape variations, and as Kamnet said, newobject roads and vehicles for the animations. I'm not the one to ask about newobjects, as I'm and oldobject myself, and haven't drawn any. Wally could probably help you there.

As for the crossings, I don't think that overhead objects are allowed due to clipping issues with the road vehicles - they'll appear to just drive right over them. The coder guys can answer that better than me, though.

Really strong work, ISA! Nice to have you around, and happy pixel pushing!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2013, 14:29 
Master Mentor

Oz wrote:
:o Whoa!
Blatant theft of Oz's opening comment. :mrgreen:

A suggestion for those open pit mines ... Have them get deeper over time, perhaps digging down a pixel or two or three every few years.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2013, 16:04 
Artists Guild

And the construction stages could be:

1) Deforestation

2) Dynamite blasting

3) Rubble clearing

Lotta work, but it would be pretty cool!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2013, 18:14 

Oh I remember those awesome sprites.
And nice constructive suggestions. I love our community.

Oz: It is true that it is a lot of work. Hint: Some sprites could be borrowed from other grfs if their authors agree. Explosions, trees...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2013, 20:39 
Lurker
Lurker

athanasios wrote:
nice constructive suggestions. I love our community.

I must admit that it starts to like me more and more after each post! Suggestions what has given gave me fresh ideas when I read those! :W

~Cheers

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]