It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:46

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2013, 22:37 
Lurker
Lurker

I'm not shure if anyone knows about xUSSR trainset, but I'm willing to make another set in same, realistic scale (1pixel=433mm).
I'm not shure which country I'll use to make that set. Currently I'd like to make DRset (Deutsche Rheihsbahn) since it shares many locos with xUSSR set and most of them already drawn.
Is anyone interest to help me with that? :roll:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2013, 22:41 
Simuscape Admin

Trains aren't really my cup of tea to be honest... I prefer everything else though... :P But I hope you find someone willing to help or assist you with this... Could be an interesting project... :)

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2013, 04:45 
Artists Guild Team

There's the Central European Train Set, of which I am co-developer (junior in code, senior in graphics). It already includes code for many/most DR vehicles, but no graphics yet.
Note, however, that the CETS has two important differences from the xUSSR set: a) vehicles use 500 mm/px scale and sort of more than that when it comes to width on diagonals to be more compatible with what's already out there; b) two extra, intermediate angles are used when turning in curves for better aesthetics (meaning, of course, that more sprites need to be drawn too). It's pretty neat really - go ahead and check it out!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2013, 22:02 
Lurker
Lurker

Well, most of them, mot all. :roll: And since there are no graphichs drawn you'll use same scale as xUSSRset? And about angels... xUSSRset supposet to have that too, even more (24 views per vehicle), but it end up in only one testing grf in 2005. Current version aims to have most of paintings and same vehicle version differences (for exampe 2TE116 have 7 versions with 3-4 paintings each), what will be hard too with additional angles since all sprites have been drawn.
Btw, I've made first version of tracking table for DRset (like xUSSR's one in excel and in russian and because of photoes inside too big for posting here).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2013, 22:04 
Lurker
Lurker

Made version of traction table without photoes and in English.

Attachments:
DRset-eng-np.xls [72 KiB]
Downloaded 385 times
 Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]