It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:58

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 18:44 
Simuscape Admin

Welcome to a new little feature named "Paint Away" here at Simuscape. Each month you'll be presented with a project that needs to be completed before the end of the current month, and at that point all entries will be posted in a special topic where everyone can vote for the best entry entered...

Enough said, here's;
Attachment:
Image260.png
Image260.png [ 33.91 KiB | Viewed 4848 times ]

Your goal - if interested - is to pick one, (1), of the listed buildings and turn it into a complete building in whatever way you want to, including colours and outdoor additions. These buildings may only be used for this contest alone.

When you've completed your task, send it in a pm to Admin, (SAC), and it'll be posted once the contest month has ended.

Good Luck! :mrgreen:

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 23:51 

Please explain 'These buildings may only be used for this contest alone.'
Do you mean we cannot use them and create a GRF?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 00:01 
Lurker
Lurker

Hmm, if someone decides to make a building and enter it in this contest, then they can certainly also use it to create their own GRF if they want, as it would be their creation...

Perhaps what is meant is, "Please only use these building shapes for this competetion." I.e., don't just randomly make up a building and submit it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 08:12 
Player
Player

I don't think so, the outlines of the building are created by someone else (I guess SAC drew them), so they can't be used to be distributed to third parties without the creators approval.

But let's not make this another discussion about copyrights, paint these buildings, don't distribute or use them in any other games except your own and contribute to this wonderful environment!! (I'll fire up Photoshop later this week)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 12:59 
Simuscape Admin

Perhaps I should have made myself a bit more clear, but I was in a hurry - again... :P

These buildings are my own artwork, and for that reason alone you cannot go ahead and use them in .grf's for public releases unless I give my permission - obviously. And this entire "Paint Away" feature isn't about releasing anything for a starter, it's about offering a different way to those who have had some thoughts about giving the art of graphics a go, but need some extra inspiration to get motivated... :)

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]