It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:06

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2015, 23:29 
Simuscape Admin

Quast65 wrote:
I think that will only happen if you place an object before that area is flooded. Wait till its flooded first, then place the object. That should do the trick.

I believe I made some tests and I couldn't get it to work in either TTDP or OTTD... But I'll check into it again...

Quote:
Also I would like to make a remark/suggestion about the way the objects show up in the object-menu. Right now you have all the 1x1 tiles into one single main-menu.
I would recommend to split them up. For example:
- Trees
- Flat tiles
- Lifted tiles
- Sloped tiles

Yes well, the thing is that these eye candy .grf's that have been released so far is only a small portion of what I have myself, and my own idea has been to reduce the number of items listed and instead collect most of them in the same menu. The release as always is only a side effect of my own personal needs, and the same goes for some of the placeholders;

I draw new things all the time to fill up these, and the .grf's in question are already coded and done since long ago, and as such I don't need to bother someone - "read Wally... :P " - for this... In other words, these releases reflects my own personal needs ingame, and the only alternative would be to release a minor .grf with only some tidbits from my work... :)

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2015, 17:45 
Simuscape Admin

INFRA Green P1,P2 & P3 updated. See 2nd post from the beginning... :)

Quote:
Furthermore, It shouldnt be necessary to draw the same graphic for land and water (takes up unnecessary ID's). I am not really sure anymore how I did it with some of my ISR/DWE-objects. This is what happened:

Attachment:
Image780.png
Image780.png [ 199.22 KiB | Viewed 6479 times ]

As you can tell by the image the problem isn't to use one and the same objects on water alt. land, but when using the "corner" which is half land, half water, there's problem unfortunately, hence the two similar objects - one for water and one for land. But I believe the problem itself is of such a small matter that it's not even worth investigating, and out of INFRA Greens 36 object groups, only 3 are affected... :)

The land-based object group is restricted to land though, while the water-based one is allowed on land as well. This is to allow a user to build structures on land that involves water...

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2015, 18:39 
Player
Player

Quote:
The land-based object group is restricted to land though, while the water-based one is allowed on land as well. This is to allow a user to build structures on land that involves water...

I see, this argument alone is valid enough to keep both in! No need to investigate more about the corner behaviour.

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2