It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:02

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2012, 22:11 
Simuscape Admin

Image Image

A bit of time on your hands? A bit bored altogether?

At Simuscape we have two ongoing contests for the challenged ones, eager to try out their skills against other members and their creations... Both of them are monthly and the winners in each contest have prizes of some values to expect... Below is a description of each contest, and you can reach each contest area by clicking the images above;

Screenshot of the Month

Have a creative and interesting screenshot from within your TTDLX-game, (TTDP or OTTD)? Then why not participate in Simuscape's own Screenshot of the Month competition, with a chance to actually win an advantage to enter our Visual Studio Premium, thus receiving an opportunity to test out and try pre-releases of new .grf's beforehand?

The rules are simple; Each month a specific theme will be presented and any screenshots entered must follow the theme specified. The deadline for entries are always the last day of each month, and once entering a new month the voting will take place. The winner will receive a point that, once winning even more points, will result in an permission to enter our Visual Studio Premium section... But there may also be surprises along the road... ;)

Each entry, one per participant and month, must be 800x600, and should be pm'd to me. I'll arrange for the entries to be posted in a monthly category, and comments are allowed by posting replies.

However, there's one tiny little catch though! Only those participating in the contest will be allowed to view the entries. Once sending me an entry you'll receive permission, allowing you to enter the monthly category, thus being able to both reply and vote, (once the month has ended). And why is this? Well, because this way you as a participant won't be influenced by other participants entries, but will chose according to your own preferences. Further more, the idea is to encourage people to participate and not just lurk around viewing a few peoples entries and that's it! Having to participate in order to receive access will hopefully work the other way around. Besides, getting an opportunity to test out pre-releases beforehand isn't bad either...

Please note, you're not allowed to send an entry that has been part of another competition here at Simuscape or elsewhere!

So, what are you waiting for? Send me your entry! To find out what the theme of the month is, simply read each category... Any other questions, put them below

Happy gaming! Happy contesting! :mrgreen:

P.s
I did mention I may participate myself at times, did I? :twisted: D.s

To enter, please click the left image above...

Update for 2013;

Due to low interest the Monthly Screenshot Contest is put on hold for the time being!

Paint Away

Not having the skills to create your own graphics, but eager to try it out peace by peace, month by month... Then perhaps our "Paint Away" contest is your kind of challenge, offering you some various structures to complete in whatever way you may see fit...

Your goal - if interested - is to pick one, (1), of the listed buildings and turn it into a complete building in whatever way you want to, including colours and outdoor additions. These buildings may only be used for this contest alone.

To enter, please the right image above...

Good luck... :)

And please note, during the summer the contest time frame has been extended which means that our June contests are June-July contests...

Update for 2013;

Changes to this feature will be posted soon...

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2012, 23:15 
Simuscape Admin

I assume there are supposed to be two real images at the top, not just two links with the text Image?

Simuscape
Site Admin & Developer

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2012, 23:54 
Simuscape Admin

Yes, absolutely... I work too fast at times... :P

Post Updated...

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 18:08 
Lurker
Lurker

Umm, I don't have access to the screenshot of the month? :?:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 18:30 
Lurker
Lurker

To gain access to Screenshot of month you have to submit your own entry first via PM to SAC.

Reasons:

SAC wrote:

And why is this? Well, because this way you as a participant won't be influenced by other participants entries, but will chose according to your own preferences. Further more, the idea is to encourage people to participate and not just lurk around viewing a few peoples entries and that's it!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 18:33 
Lurker
Lurker

Haha, maybe I should take some sleep before trying to read a wall of text next time. Thanks for pointing that out!

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]