It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:32

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 18:45 
Browser
Browser

Hi all,

I was thinking while playing on a map wouldnt it be nice to have destinations for your aircraft outside the map area abit like in Simcity 4.

Just would be nice to have your aircraft go to the USA or other outside area of your map would give a more realistic feel to your transport network

Attachment:
File comment: exsample
outside of map destinations.png
outside of map destinations.png [ 443.92 KiB | Viewed 9208 times ]

here is whaat i was thinking would happen,...

1.buy your aircraft
2. build the outside map destination ( an arrow sprite)
3. set your destinations for your aircraft
4. your aircraft takes off to the arrow sprite (maybe the sprite is like a station it gives you how many passengers are at the destination the plane is going to and have it coded to have 1000 passengers at all times concidering it might not be related to just one airport but a country.
5. as your plane arrives at the sprite it disappers for a set amount of time say 3 TTD days then reappers with a full load heading for your in map airport.

This probably isn't even possible with TTD but i dont know the limitations that the game code has wish i did have some coding experience so i could do it. anyone like to try?

is it possible??

8-)

Last edited by boohey on 05 May 2012, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 19:19 
Simuscape Admin

I think this is a great idea! But why limit this to aircrafts? I remember when I started playing TTDLX, I often made a tiny bit of land at the end of the map, hiding a depot behind some trees, pretending the train came from/went to some foreign city somewhere... :P

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 20:03 
Browser
Browser

SAC wrote:
hiding a depot behind some trees, pretending the train came from/went to some foreign city somewhere... :P

haha thats not a bad idea lol might try that.

im sure there will be away to code this or just to make the sprite as an airport or a station invisable and to unload the sprite graphics when the assigned sprite crosses it. something like that and have it coded to produce passengers with out a town.

think i need to find a coder

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 20:59 
Browser
Browser

some of the devs also mentioned something similar to this via newgrfs on the edge of the map, realism however isnt set yet as anything in that black is outside of the map array, so you cant store location information where there is no mapping system....
(aka how does the plane know where to fly to...)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 May 2012, 21:40 
Browser
Browser

What if its an invisible airport that can be placed on edge tiles only but when the aircraft comes into land as it descends its grf turns invisible too.? Did these devs try to code there idea?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 May 2012, 01:20 

The suggestions are not new. But please keep in mind that OTTD is not a SimCity but a TTD clone.

IMO the answer is extra large maps (>4kx4k). You have so much land to play there why to pretend you have more?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 May 2012, 02:14 
Browser
Browser

read that for a 4kx4k map you need about 6gb ram to hold all the data and its not advised to have multicore systems either.

cant find the post on ttd-forum

even now on a 1kx1k map its lappy once i hit the 500 train limit that i set :sorry:

i know its not simcity cos thats well shite compare to ttd lol but its a good idea to have this i think and its ashame it cant be done

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 00:27 
Browser
Browser

simply put, the map array isnt going to be able to hold it, so unless you expand it (limited by the holy spec) your not going to get this

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 02:21 
Browser
Browser

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:
simply put, the map array isnt going to be able to hold it, so unless you expand it (limited by the holy spec) your not going to get this

damn oh well never mind ill just have to imagine instead haha

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 04:05 
Artists Guild Team

boohey wrote:
What if its an invisible airport that can be placed on edge tiles only but when the aircraft comes into land as it descends its grf turns invisible too.? Did these devs try to code there idea?
There are zero limitations that obstruct creating a NewGRF to that end. Make a NewAirport without graphics, a GRF plane that can refit to a state checking variables 44 and B4 somehow and become invisible accordingly, and an invisible industry (more control than buildings) that delivers and accepts passengers and mail.

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]