It is currently 13 May 2024, 11:07

WELCOME TO SIMUSCAPE!

Please Sign in or Register to enable all features, remove restrictions and gain additional access!
For information on how to bypass the CAPTCHA or to contact Team Simuscape, Continue Here!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 8   [ 143 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2013, 15:14 
Simuscape Admin

I have a question about station tiles; I have three "test files" made by Aegir long before eye candy became a reality - at least in the shape of NewObjects - and I'm wondering whether or not it's possible to have a station tile placed on any slope? Currently I can only place a station tile on for instance on a left slope but not a right one.... and for this reason I usually have to place a single object on two station tiles, one that works on a left slope and one that works on a right one! The result is that I can only take advantage of half the existing station tiles I have rather than all of them for different objects...

Is this possible to change?

Simuscape - A world of its own;
SimuTalk | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA - Chose Your Destination;
INFRA Projects | INFRA Downloads

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2013, 16:55 
Player
Player

SAC wrote:
... station tiles on slopes ...
Station tiles can only be built on a slope, if a minimum of 2 corners are raised, either 2 corners along the side of a tile (same direction as railtrack), or diagonally opposite of each other.

Although, station tiles without railtracks can be coded to allow construction, if 2 corners are raised directly across the tile, instead of alongside.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2013, 21:32 
Simuscape Admin

Okey... I was sort of hoping it would be possible to code so that any of these station tiles could be placed on a slope along the side - despite side the slope is on as long as at least one of the sides are flat... :(

Another question, anyone familiar with the DWE Station-set? There are some cargo tiles included labelled "cargo dependent"! Would that mean it doesn't work with for instance ECS? I take it these cargo tiles only shifts cargo volume if cargo of the same type is delivered or produced within the vincinity of these station tiles?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2013, 06:44 
Player
Player

SAC wrote:
Okey... I was sort of hoping it would be possible to code so that any of these station tiles could be placed on a slope along the side - despite side the slope is on as long as at least one of the sides are flat...
I don't get what you mean ... can we have it in English please ...

Quote:
... DWE Station-set ...
Any station can accept or have waiting any cargo type; i.e. regardless of industry set or station set in use. However, a station tile may display a particular cargo type (e.g. piles of coal), if that cargo type is waiting to be picked up at that station.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2013, 09:52 
Simuscape Admin

What I meant was;

Attachment:
INFRA101.png
INFRA101.png [ 22.82 KiB | Viewed 9168 times ]

The tree object in example 1 above is a station tile, (for this test anyway), and is placed on a left sided slope. What I would like is for the exact same tree to be placed also on a right sided slope as in example 2 - but without having to use a second tree object in the same .grf, simply because each of them can only be placed on one slope which is either a left sided or a right sided slope... :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2013, 14:31 
Player
Player

That is possible:
Attachment:
exampleSAC.png
exampleSAC.png [ 21.61 KiB | Viewed 9162 times ]

The possibility of it being placed is dependant on the direction of the rail AFAIK, if the rail is parallel to the slope, you can place it (and it doesnt matter if the slope is leftside/rightside or top/bottom)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2013, 14:43 
Simuscape Admin

That's exactly what I mean, to place a station tile, (no rail tile though), regardless if a slope is left- or rightsided, top- or bottomsided... The ones I have in my BlankTiles are coded differently, there are a total of 36 sprites in each of the three .grf's, 18 of them can only be placed on leftsided or bottom slopes, and the other 18 on rightsided or top slopes... This means that for some objects that I want to be able to place regardless of slope, I need to have them to appear twice in a .grf for this to be possible... I'm not sure if the code can be changed in any of these three .grf's, (coded several years ago by Aegir before eye candy was a reality), to work as desired... if it is I'll have several sprite slots available for other objects which would be nice... :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2013, 15:01 
Player
Player

You will need two graphics for the four possible slopes,
one for top/bottom-slope and one for left/right-slope (usually this is done with the two possible views of the stationtile)
It doesnt matter if there is a rail or not, I just posted that image to show you the directions and thus what view can be placed on what slope.
Only thing I can think of why your old GRF's have that strange behaviour is that they might have custom foundations, is that the case?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2013, 15:31 
Simuscape Admin

Okey then, so once and for all which was clear already from the beginning - apart from my wishful thinking - I cannot have what I want... :(

Oh well, at least we cleared that out... :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2013, 16:45 
Player
Player

We may have a misunderstanding ;-)

There are four slopes, a righthand one, a lefthand one, a top one and a bottom one.
You can use one and the same graphic for the righthand and lefthand slopes.
That is what you asked for in your example right?

For the top and bottom slopes you'll need a seperate graphic (allthough it may look the same as the previous one).
Both of these graphics are placed within one Station-ID. So when you select it in the menu you will see two graphics that may have the same appearance but will have a different possibility of being placed on slopes.

Maybe a picture can explain it a bit better, these are the possible placements of a stationtile, using only two graphics:
Attachment:
exampleSAC02.png
exampleSAC02.png [ 72.94 KiB | Viewed 9156 times ]

I hope it is a bit clearer and answers your question in a positive way ;-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2013, 17:18 
Simuscape Admin

No probs... This is what I first figured, but would have wanted differently... :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2013, 19:48 
Artists Guild Team

If you´re talking about stations (and not objects), their tiles are composed from a ground sprite and a number of building sprites. In your case (a tree on certain ground), you could get away with only one tree graphics and one ground graphics for *all* allowed slopes. No problem.

Please note that even non-track station tiles include a direction of preference (the direction of the rail), so there´s a limitation in placing certain non-track station tiles on certain slopes. It is not allowed to place tiles in such a way that the "track" would be perpendicular to the slope.

regards
Michael

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2013, 21:36 
Simuscape Admin

mb wrote:
...you could get away with only one tree graphics and one ground graphics for *all* allowed slopes. No problem.

Okey, this IS what I meant... back to square one again then... Question is; how is this achieved? As it is now - and as explained previously - I have to use two sprites in a .grf to be able to have the option to place an object on allowed slopes, something which reduces the number of objects I can put in that .grf to half the amount possible in worse case scenario... :sorry:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 11:11 
Artists Guild Team

SAC wrote:
Okey, this IS what I meant... back to square one again then... Question is; how is this achieved? As it is now - and as explained previously - I have to use two sprites in a .grf to be able to have the option to place an object on allowed slopes, something which reduces the number of objects I can put in that .grf to half the amount possible in worse case scenario...

So, is this a question for station or object tiles?

regards
Michael

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 11:34 
Simuscape Admin

It is about object tiles, (coded as station tiles)!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 14:51 
Artists Guild Team

SAC wrote:
It is about object tiles,

Fine. There´s no problem with placing object tiles on slopes. Or are you talking about the need for "custom foundations"?

SAC wrote:
(coded as station tiles)!

And what does that mean?

Objects are objects, and stations are stations. Or are you talking about "non-track" station tiles? But even those are stations ... 8-)

regards
Michael

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 15:12 
Simuscape Admin

mb wrote:
Fine. There´s no problem with placing object tiles on slopes. Or are you talking about the need for "custom foundations"?

:P I get that, but again it seem we're running around in circles... :shock:

mb wrote:
Objects are objects, and stations are stations. Or are you talking about "non-track" station tiles? But even those are stations ...

Of course they are, but simply to separate actual track tiles from object tiles - although both are station tiles when it comes down to it...

Can't help it, but it seems like I'm in some kind of candid camera situation... :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 16:40 
Simuscape Admin

I think you're making it too complicated. It is non-track stationtiles you are talking about, no matter what they look like.

Simuscape
Site Admin & Developer

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 17:12 
Simuscape Admin

Yes, it's non-track tiles - which I've been pointing out already from the beginning...

SAC wrote:
I have a question about station tiles; I have three "test files" made by Aegir long before eye candy became a reality - at least in the shape of NewObjects...

...otherwise I would of course have written "tracks" or "rail" or something...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 18:04 
Simuscape Admin

Indeed you did, but you did also mention objects which could be interpreted as newObjects therefore causing some confusion.
SAC wrote:
It is about object tiles, (coded as station tiles)!

Simuscape
Site Admin & Developer

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 8   [ 143 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next